• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Diffuser Options for Pre '02?

Jim

Experienced Member
I really like the rear diffuser that Alverman made. Can someone like Downforce make something like this? I think it would be a hit.

attachment.php

I've considered Blodi's diffuser but I want one that has bigger fins that are more 90 degrees. Perhaps another design idea is one that Dali use to sell years ago, except I thought the fins were too big and looked out of proportion:

Carbon_Diffuser_9_.jpg

Carbon_Diffuser_rearview.jpg

A lot of us are going 02+ type valance these days. You can get the DF rear valance with their diffuser and they will price it better as a package.

Last edited:
I like the one in the first picture allot.
If Stacy would make something like that to go with his signature rear spats then i would rather have that that combo rather than the 02+ rear valence i have.:wink:

This was the very reason I started making one. There just aren't many options out there for us pre '02 guys. I like the first one as well! I guess thats just one of the reasons so many convert to the newer rear valance.

I hear you on the 90 degree thing. I debated it and in the end I went with a fin shape that was more rounded like the DF '02+ version.

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to put on a '02 valence just to get a diffuser.

Pre '02s out number the '02-'05s so I'm bewildered as to why any vendor such as DF has taken a stab to produce one that looks like Alverman's. :redface:

Are you interested in looks or functionality?

Without intending to discuss the basics of a functional diffuser, this "diffuser" has an opening gap relative to the ground of about 5° front to back under the exhaust. In the picture it is only the far back end one can see and that is indeed more for looks and to incorporate the diffuser in the design of the car itself. Although "looks" is of main importance to me, I tried to not loose attention for functionality also and to combine both with taking into account some basic rules for a functional diffuser. I myself don't feel very much for driving around in a car that is "overdone" on public roads. Many diffusers are either too much for looks only and seem to serve no other purpose but that and other are more suited for the racing course than for the road imo. Anyway, thanks guys for the comments. It is always a good feeling if others like your work :biggrin: If some are really interested and home in working with synthetic materials feel free to contact me and we can try to work something out so you can make a similar piece over there. Using the centre piece only is another option.

Hey guys with pre 02 rear bumpers we have some rear diffusers that we are testing for fitment if they fit we will have about 5 of them but not making any more so will be a very limited only whats in stock again I believe we have 5. more on this next week. :biggrin: it looks a lot like our dfr gt for the 02 and newer cars http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16322&cat=268&page=1

Looks nice Sam and looking forward to finished product.

My one recommendation with all such diffusers is to align the fins of the diffuser with the rear center bumper vertical partitions. Otherwise it looks symmetrically off - and I believe even the rear Type R messed such aesthetic detail.

Hey guys with pre 02 rear bumpers we have some rear diffusers that we are testing for fitment if they fit we will have about 5 of them but not making any more so will be a very limited only whats in stock again I believe we have 5. more on this next week. :biggrin: it looks a lot like our dfr gt for the 02 and newer cars http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16322&cat=268&page=1

I am interested in this too! Please just DONT make it out of Carbon Fiber. It would be nice to see a little diffuser that is not priced at $800. So, not using carbon fiber would help the price substantially.

Keep us updated on your work.
Thanks,
Nathan

Looks nice Sam and looking forward to finished product.

My one recommendation with all such diffusers is to align the fins of the diffuser with the rear center bumper vertical partitions. Otherwise it looks symmetrically off - and I believe even the rear Type R messed such aesthetic detail.

I don't have a choice what it looks like these have been made and in stock for over one year. we just realized that we may get it to fit the pre 02 bumpers :biggrin:

Back