• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rebuilt? What is your Opinion on this kind of car? JH4NA21682T000149

Last edited:
Re: Rebuilt? What is your Opinion on this kind of car?

appears to have been professionally stripped.

mileage inaccuracy would bug me but I'd still tap it being put back together.:tongue:

Looks to be a GREAT deal at 20K!!!! Good luck

If you did happen to get that car I'd make sure to save those photos for when you try to sell it to the next guy. I doubt they'd let it go for 20k though.

My one piece of advice is...

TALK TO THE MECHANIC WHO REBUILT THE CAR.

I bought a salvage too, and the single most impt piece of info I had going in was talking with the mechanic. You don't want to buy into a money pit/liability at the account of "thinking" you're getting a great deal.

Talking the mechanic will tell you if they used Acura Genuine Parts as well as what TRULY went wrong in the accident.

theSAGE

Looks good dont it... emailed the seller a few question in general he states the car is "immaculate condition"

My question is when theives are stripping a car how much care do they put into removing the parts... :rolleyes:

That being said I'd fox with it :biggrin: ...x

How do you know that the "stripped car" is the same car that is now for sale?
That "stripped car" could be used to sell a lot of salvaged NSX's-IMO

hey guys the car listed on ebay JH4NA21682T000149 is mine ive been a prime member for a while i put the car back together myself. i have baught theft cars in the past this one was unbelivebile. they did not even cut a single plug no harness nothing usually everything is hacked not on this car. if your in the area stop by and take a look at the car

If you buy a "salvage car" why would you throw on a set of $1800 plus
wheels ? Too bad the original stripped pics did not include the VIN. Document
the purchase-date etc- and the purchase of all the parts etc and then you have a believable audit trail for this story.

i have all receipts for all parts purchased vins everything is documented it has to be in order to get it registered which i have done already. the car was even taken to a CHP inspection to make sure all parts on the vehicle have vin labels and are not stolen. i don't like other peoples salvage myself ive been rebuilding salvage vehicles for almost 10 years I've had repeat customers over the years that buy salvage from me. i guarantee this car shines and rides better than most clean titles nsx's that have had fender benders and been replaced and not deemed salvage. so before anyone discredits this vehicle come take a look for yourself if your in the area! ohh and the wheels i i paid 1800 for are for my red one i am rebuilding once done they will go on my red nsx!

Car is for sale on NSX for sale.

I talked to the shop that just did the PPI- no major issues-but he did say the paint job was not the best but not the worst he has seen. I got good vibes
after talking to the owner and ppi shop.

I will be curious to see the closing ebay price which ends in a couple of hours.
Is Dec 7th a good day to buy a Japanese car?

What's funny---I was going to offer him 30k versus his asked of 35k-As I
sais-I talked to the shop and was ready to go-

Now it is on ebay and 30k will probably do it---but I have cold feet to go higher than my $23333 bid---I may go to 26k ---

FINAL $24,800===I think someone got a great deal-I hope someone on this site gets it!

My fear which I alluded to in a previous post--is that the pictures of the car
with the parts missing actually could be pictures after all the body/framework
was completed and all that was left to do were the obvious missing parts. Who
would wash a car before getting to work on it.

On the other hand I think the seller was an honest guy.

Good luck to the winner.

Back