• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recall Letter

Hi guys!!
I just bought a car from US and I am trying to bring this baby home witch is in Canada. I try to call Acura USA and they would not give me a Recall letter. I was on the phone for 20 min arguing, does anybody know what to do!!!? I am getting very mad............(at them) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Please help me!!!!

Thanks..

have the person who owns the vehicle in the USA contact honda for the letter and have it sent to them. As long as the vehicle is registered to them they will forward them the letter. Then they can give it to you.

nsx-tech said:
have the person who owns the vehicle in the USA contact honda for the letter and have it sent to them. As long as the vehicle is registered to them they will forward them the letter. Then they can give it to you.

Thanks! I am trying to get hold of him!!!!!
Hope it works out!!!

I just had the acura dealership in the U.S write me a letter stating there were no recalls on the vehicle and had no problems with compliance here in toronto.

Pretegra said:
Hi guys!!
I just bought a car from US and I am trying to bring this baby home witch is in Canada. I try to call Acura USA and they would not give me a Recall letter. I was on the phone for 20 min arguing, does anybody know what to do!!!? I am getting very mad............(at them) :mad: :mad: :mad:

Please help me!!!!

Thanks..

Hi I had the same problem when I dealt with my 92 US car. I just called again and got a different person and they gave it to me. If you know the original owner get them to call in and get it. If they are the owner they can't deny them a clearance letter.

what if I purchase from a non acura dealer in the US. How can I get a recall letter? Who would I get a hold of then?

Hey Guys... just got my NSX registered in Canada.. They wont take a dealership recall anymore.. but what they will take is if you go to acura ownerlink website.. put in your VIN, print off the page that says the recalls have been fixed and your good to go, easy as that!

Pretegra said:
Hi guys!!
I just bought a car from US and I am trying to bring this baby home witch is in Canada.

Which witch are you talking about. One here in the USA or one in Canada?

So instead of getting a recall clearance letter..

Printing off that page from the ownership link website is enough??
This is enough? This is all there was on the site:

Concerned about safety? So is Acura. That's why Owner Link provides up-to-date recall information about your vehicle. Because Owner Link recall listings are based on your Acura's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), they are specific to your vehicle.

There are no current safety recalls for your 2001 Acura NSX.

If you experience problems or you have further questions, contact your dealer for assistance.

While someone else can answer as to whether the ownerlink page is good enough, do everything you can to get an official recall clearance letter instead as it is what they truly want.

95EagleAWD said:
I also called RIV, and the letter off the website is enough, apparently.

Really? I read through the RIV site, the description of the recall letter requirements, but the one thing it want is the VIN... which the ownership link page does not have...

ders2000 said:
I just had the acura dealership in the U.S write me a letter stating there were no recalls on the vehicle and had no problems with compliance here in toronto.

Yes, I got my letter from a Dealer as well - MUCH easier to do!

S

Back