• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement of Exterior B Pillar or Garnish as Acura calls it

I need to replace the exterior black plastic B Pillar or garnish, as Acura calls it, behind the drivers widow. The manual says its accessible from the rear hatch. That just does not seem right. Looks like to me its accessed by removing the small interior piece just behind your left ear when sitting in the driver's seat. Looks like it just pulls out with some gentle persuasion. The you can unbolt from the inside.

Anyone do this before who could offer some advise or tips if I am on the right track?

Appreciate,

Drew

I recall it bolted in at the bottom, so I think you will need to remove the lower panel behind the seat to gain access to remove that panel.

You'll need to remove the drivers side rear corner panel, inner b pillar cover and drop that corner of the headliner to get to the bolts. You'll need a deep 8mm as I remember to get the nuts off the studs. Then when removing pull out from the rear and pivot out from under the outer a pillar trim. There's directions in the service manual. But it says to take the a pillar trim off too. If you're careful it can be done without it. Just be careful bowing down the headliner to get to the top bolt. I took mine out and cleaned it while I was doing that.

I removed mine twice. Hated it. Be extra careful when removing the 8mm nuts with the deep socket. It's really easy to drop the nut when backing the socket out. Once the nut falls off the socket, it's gone!!!! Just take your time. Also be careful pulling the pillar off as it interlocks with the roof trim.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Think I get it.

All this is done from inside the car removing the trim you mentioned?

I'll have to look in the service manual again as I did not find the directions.

Thanks,

Drew

Back