• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replica TAG Heuer Senna Link Chronograph

Most of your opinion so far are just stereotype. Most of people I hang out with except one don't care.

My opinion is different. In my case the enjoyment from apparel even surpass the enjoyment of NSX. In your word the watch serve to give you time telling experience, you over looked the other aspects. The same goes for cars, it serve as a transportation tool. Civics may be more comfortable and more pleasant overall daily driving experience to some. People who don't care about cars, just don't. It is the same logic.

If you are in shape, I will guarantee you that they do make a huge difference, in both the way you feel and look. The material, cutting, wash, fitting are not even close. The standard Levi's are amazingly poor quality. I owned many back in high school. Levi's have its own premium line "Capital E", which is also far superior than the regular Levi's, approximately $150~$200 a pair. Trust me I own many cheap jeans before, material is hard, wash is plain, mom/dad cutting and fitting. For people who are in mon/dad shape, they are ok. It is very easy for me to see the difference when I see someone wear something with quality material. I am usually more impressed if they are also in extremely fit shape to do the nice items justice.

Having Bill Gate money or not, doesn't matter, if you have no interest in something, you just don't. Nothing wrong with that.

You are the one who bought up the talk of 10k watch, the watch in this thead is a $2200 Tag watch not $10K, huge difference. I persoanlly have not yet own a $10K watch, just matter of time. If someone offer me a $10k watch vs a $10k car, I am going to take the watch without thinking twice. I know many NSX owners have great taste and have amazing watch collections. Think of it this way, rednecks in Corvette Forums will not understand NSX, they will often say, their vette have more power, do what a sports car suppose to do better than NSX. The same logic apply to all of our discussion so far.

That is not a fact. A nice looking guy or really funny guy with good personality don't need to wear expensive thing to attract opposite sex. A guy can go shirtless at the beach and attract plenty of girls. I am sorry, but you are obviously not very good or experienced with girls. Girls actually may find guys wearing designer clothing too gay or a turn off. Depending on the age group, some girls prefer guys in hip pop street clothing. Some prefer sporty type, etc.

It is very unfair to stereotype both men and women like that. Also if someone is very out of shape, anything they wear, they not going to find same level of appreciation. Bottomline the cloth does help to a point regardless of ones fitness level.

Think about it, body is like cars, if someone is a Corolla, you not going to do much to it. My logic may sound rude, to a certain degree, it is also very true. Buying is one thing, staying in good shape to look decent is way harder than paying up. There are people who work hard to stay in shape, to feel good, to look good. You wear what make you look good. I am not saying that if you are out of shape you don't look good, the point is you not going to fit or find interest in fashion. Regardless of shape, a guy in a qaulity suit usually look pretty good. You live once, do whatever you enjoy.

Most unreasonable statement I have ever heard in my life. What make your hobbies any different? In this case men buy cars to piss of their friends right? What is the difference? I remember growing up my dad complained about my mom's purchases of fashion magazines. He buy a shitload of car magazines. My mom returned with a comment "same reason as why you buy car magazines", I find enjoyment in my hobby.

Guys who don't respect women usually had bad experiences or had trouble with women.

Living in upscale area doesn't impress me at all. If I live in Florida, I be mostly wearing tank top and shorts. Location does make a huge difference. Weather is a huge factor, location is also important. I travel, I am actually heading to Tokyo in 24hours, I seen the difference between Tokyo, New York City, LA, OC, Sydney, Hong Kong, Taipei, no men's land, etc.

A shit load of people live in upscale areas, it is not like everyone else is poor, but few have good taste. Having money doesn't automaticly guarantee good taste. I am more impressed by people's taste in things and work ethic to stay in shape. It is probably warm to hot most of year in your area, so nice clothing is a waste. I am going to guess you are more than likely also out of shape. If that is the case, even if you are willing to buy, you might not fit. So what is the point? If I guessed wrong, I apologize. American have a reputation of being relaxing and sloppy.

Whatever you enjoy, more power to you. Why can't others enjoy what they want, it is not like they are hurting you or getting into other's business. Everytime I travel, I can easily spot someone from America just by the way they talk. A lot times they don't understand, there is another culture outside of USA. People are different. Europeans on the other hand carry themselves a lot better.

Dude, you make a lot of assumptions. As I have seen in this thread, and several other threads you have posted to you have some major issues.

Re: way off the subject here..

That depends on the quality of the fake. Most rolex fakes I have seen do not have a smooth second hand. That is an easy way to spot the fake.

I went with a Brietling becase they are less common than Rolex and I think better looking. Though I love that DateJust.

As I said, it always depends on the quality of the fake, but the GOOD fakes have the correct movement (28800bph), and even the correct magnification in the date bubble, not to mention an anti reflective coating.
From my reading, it seems the AR coating is the biggest variable, though many people send their fakes out to get AR treated.

Last edited:
I'm all for lab created diamonds. I have always felt too much importance was placed on diamonds starting with the "obligatory" diamond engagment ring. I was always amazed that there were "standards" as to how many months salary should be expended to buy one. That money would be better spent on buying a house or condo rather than renting an apartment to start saving all over again.

Unless you are an arms dealer, most people don't use diamonds as "currency" or hold them as investments so if the concept is to have a "flawless" rock on your hand or on a necklace then why shouldn't you opt for the lab created stones. No ethical or moral issues associated with the "blood diamond" market and a lot more cash leftover.

+1

Jewelry/diamonds is another traditional industry money grab. People are programed to size up a relationship by the size of the diamond it may create. As you say there are lots of better ways to spend the money on useful items.

On jewelry, it is always so easy to spot the the "new rich" and their Mr. T style of 10 pounds of gold.:rolleyes:

I don't understand why anyone needs a watch that cost more than 50 bucks.

+1

I have 3 nice watches that I don't even wear. Same thing for rings and necklaces. I am not of the bling generation I guess. My cell phone has a clock on it and works just fine.

Dude, you make a lot of assumptions. As I have seen in this thread, and several other threads you have posted to you have some major issues.
So do you bro. I am not going to deny.

Of course I have major issues. Look at your own assumptions/stereotype in our own posts. At least I am up front, most stuff I said is real life experiences in hobbies that I have at least some degree of knowledge. In every hobby there is certain degree of enthusiasm.

Original thread starter have deleted his original content. Off brand or cheaper alternative is one thing, I don't mind off brand legal cold medicines, cereals, bath room tissues. There is different degree of being able to tell the differences. Bottled water/drinks, NSX/Fake Replica exotics, etc. Encouraging someone to buy a fake luxury item that they don't even need is just amazing. Buying fake for sake of saving, why not just not buy at all and save more. Buying expensive fake and posing it as real just for sake of having it?

As I said, it always depends on the quality of the fake, but the GOOD fakes have the correct movement (28800bph), and even the correct magnification in the date bubble, not to mention an anti reflective coating.
From my reading, it seems the AR coating is the biggest variable, though many people send their fakes out to get AR treated.
WOW! amazing attitude. The point is you can get cheaper alternative "LEGAL" real deals/off brands for the price of fake, the better quality of the fake the more expensive they gets. Buying expensive illegal fake luxury item just for the sake of having it or posing is still amazing idea to me, unless you are a dealer. Why delete your original post if you got no shame? I am more impressed by someone not wearing anything at all than wearing a fake.

Last edited:

With the quality of some of the fakes out now, with a good one there is absolutely NO WAY you could tell the difference between a real and a fake just by looking at someone's wrist. Even if the person handed you the fake, and you could put it next to a real one, you still would have an extremely difficult time finding differences. The faces, weight, materials, movement, bezel, screws, dial placements, hands, wrist bands, clasps and fonts are all absolutely perfect. You can claim all you like that you could, but unless you're a horologist and can open up the watch, you're just kidding yourself. Many of the really good fakes use actual parts sourced from the real deal and some of them run upwards of $1000 because of that.

Actually, this is very much untrue; the easiest way to tell a fake watch is to handle it, the overall build quality difference is staggering - if something has the correct proportions, and is on somebody's swinging wrist, it might fool perhaps 80% of casual observers, but as soon as you handle that watch it becomes very much apparent it is not genuine.

Things such as the links in the band binding, because they're not built to the same tolerance, or have been plated with more expensive metal, the finish of the parts, the smoothness of the controls, etc. - if you cannot handle the watch you need to look for details that have not been replicated, if you can handle the watch you can rely on what's always going to exist in replica watches - poor workmanship that would never be allowed to leave the factory of any decent quality watchmaker.

If you're trying to save money, why are you purchasing a luxury item? You would save more money by not buying a watch, fake or otherwise. If you do need a watch, there are plenty of lower-priced alternatives, eg Seiko, MTM, Oris, Tag Heuer, etc. - you can purchased used Tag Heuer for $500-600 on timezone, so why are you going to buy a fake tag heuer with terrible build quality and a bad movement, which no watch store will service, which you cannot resell, for $300? Now you're mentioning 'high end' fakes for $1000? Why would you spend $1000 on a poor quailty fake, when you can buy an authentic Oris, Tag, etc. for less? Why not have an okay watch for half the price of a fake one?

Speaking of fake watches, I have a friend who picked up a replica Swiss Army watch in Thailand.
This is the greatest replica I have ever seen, under the Swiss Army symbol on the watch face were the words

"Swiss Navy"

It is a one of a kind, rare proof that there may be a "Swiss Navy"

Actually, this is very much untrue; the easiest way to tell a fake watch is to handle it, the overall build quality difference is staggering - if something has the correct proportions, and is on somebody's swinging wrist, it might fool perhaps 80% of casual observers, but as soon as you handle that watch it becomes very much apparent it is not genuine.

Things such as the links in the band binding, because they're not built to the same tolerance, or have been plated with more expensive metal, the finish of the parts, the smoothness of the controls, etc. - if you cannot handle the watch you need to look for details that have not been replicated, if you can handle the watch you can rely on what's always going to exist in replica watches - poor workmanship that would never be allowed to leave the factory of any decent quality watchmaker.

You're basing this on the cheap replicas you can buy on a city street corner. The high quality versions may use ACTUAL original parts (including the wrist band), many are built with the same high grade materials as the original (including titanium and anti-reflective coatings on both sides of the sapphire crystal). I recently read a release from a manufacturer of a $10K watch on what you need to look for when comparing a quality fake to their real watch. The differences were extremely minute and if you didn't know what to look for, it would not be possible to distinguish this particular fake from the real thing.

Here's some of the info straight from the manufacturer:

We see here that unlike the “cheap” replicas, this one appears identical to the real one: the same “H-screws” are used, the same hour-markers and indices are used, the pushers and crown have the rubber ends, the strap has the same pattern, and virtually all dimensions are identical. So how do we distinguish the replica from the real thing? The answer is: from the movement.

(Note they aren't talking about observing the actual movement of the hands, but from looking at the backside)

although not easy, this is one of the only ways to visually distinguish between an original “Big Bang” and a replica. If one takes a closer look, we can see several differences:

a) The absence of a “fine-adjuster” mechanism on the fake Big Bang:
b) The central part of the rotor has a saw-like appearance on the replica:
c) The “HUBLOT GENEVE” text is engraved on the rotor of a real Big Bang but stickered on to the rotor of a fake one. Also, the “H” logo under the rotor is much bolder on the replica:

*while the black screws on the replica movement might appear as a big difference, the truth in the matter is that Hublot also used black screws on earlier production models, so unfortunately we can’t use this as a distinguishing factor.

That's it. If you know what to look for, you can tell, but only by looking at the back of the watch, if you don't, forget it. The "stickers" are the biggest giveaway in the above example and I'm sure the next generation of fakes will fix that. $10K-$12K for the real one, $600 for the fake.

I'm not advocating buying a fake here to fool your friends, and I'm not buying one myself, I'm just taking what I've learned doing the research and sharing and like it or not, there are some fakes out there that it will take a professional to identify.

I find a little BS in your comments. I assume those cases are really rare and not something you encounter every night. Since it is your profession, if you are in their position, can you tell the difference between Grey Goose and other off brand Vodka? Off brand alternative is one thing. I have no problem with alternative off brand items, but passing on one item what it is not is not a right thing to do. There is different degree of faking, you can even use bottle water, off brand cerel, etc as example.

A watch is far more complicated than that. I spoted an NSX owner wearing a fake Rolex a year ago. I didn't said anything, but his facial expression after he saw me took a quick glance told me the entire story. None of my business so I didn't bust his bubble on the spot, a few other NSX owners also saw it, we all just kept quiet.

Could I tell them apart? Possibly.

Is it a rare that people believe that they are not drinking the correct liquor? If you consider three times a week rare then yes. I was just making a light hearted comment after a 15 hour shift. Cool your Popov jets.

Second moral of the story. Don't (not you specifically, anyone) make a fool out of yourself in front of your friends and insist that you are not drinking the correct liquor three drinks in a row. This only does two things for you.

1. It makes you look drunk.
2. It makes you look really stupid.

If you are that convinced that you are drinking the wrong item, order a bottled beer, or take your ass home and drink your Grey Goose there.

As far as the watch thing goes, who the hell cares if an NSX owner has a fake Rolex? If he enjoys his watch let him enjoy it. Now, if he goes around telling people that he just got a new watch that he paid 15K for, that is a different story.

May I join your club as an honorary member of the NSX owners club that can spot fake watches?

As far as the watch thing goes, who the hell cares if an NSX owner has a fake Rolex? If he enjoys his watch let him enjoy it. Now, if he goes around telling people that he just got a new watch that he paid 15K for, that is a different story.
Don't take me wrong. Take my comments at face value and nothing more. My take my first comment in previous responds back, I didn't meant to doubt your pride in your profession. You are not the only one staying up 15 hour straight, I got another 11 hour flight to catch, I have not even started packing, still got quite a few things I need to do.

The point of this thread is posing something it is not as real. I think this point we are on the same page. If your customers can't tell the difference from real Grey Goose. You still don't sell the off brand as Grey Goose because of your pride in your profession even if it is more profitable. I hope my assumption is correct.

That is his business, I just mentioned real life event, I didn't bust his bubble on the spot to save his face. What if he got ripped off from buying from unauthorized dealer. As a friend do you tell him or not?

In real life I only share/talk about my hobbies with people have same genuine interest. I am not too much of a show off type, otherwise I buy the most expensive fake I can afford and posing it as real deal.

Last edited:

The point of this thead is posing something it is not as real.

NOBODY here has EVER advocated posing a fake as the real deal, and that was NOT the point of this thread. Believe it or not, replica collecting is also a hobby. The amount of traffic at the replica forum is huge, many people there own 15 or 20 replicas they have dropped thousands and thousands of dollars on, rather than hundreds of thousands. None of these people are collecting to pretend these watches are something they're not. Clearly these people could go out and buy a real Rolex, but they'd rather have a large collection of quality fakes, probably because like some of you, they don't see the value in spending thousands of dollars on a single watch that tells time as well (sometimes worse) than a $50 watch.

BTW I'm still waiting to hear your opinion on laboratory created diamonds. If a 1 carat D color, IF mined diamond costs $10K and you could have a nearly identical man made diamond for $1K where it would take an electron microscope to tell the difference between the two, are you still going to go with the mined diamond? I find this scenario to be very similar. Diamonds are a status symbol, just like watches. DTC (DeBeers) is now micro-etching their diamonds with a laser so jewelers can tell the difference with a loupe and so people know they're getting a "real" diamond.

Now, what if a replica watch was so perfect as compared to the original in every way, it took similar methods to tell a real from a fake, but the replica cost 10% of the price of the real one? The Chinese are getting pretty close to that point.

The only difference I see between the two are trademark laws. DeBeers doesn't own a trademark on diamonds.

Last edited:
attachment.php

NOBODY here has EVER advocated posing a fake as the real deal, and that was NOT the point of this thread. Believe it or not, replica collecting is also a hobby. None of these people are collecting to pretend these watches are something they're not.
Then what is the point of putting a fake brand/logo on an item? When they wear it, they already posing it as a fake. You already deleted your original post, you can now claim the original intent in anyway you wish.

My view on fake and replica are different. Replica/off brand alternatives or similar styled items can serve same purpose at much affordable price. Not trying to pass off as real with real name.

-Fake items are one with the name of real thing on it and trying to present it as the real thing.

Same goes to synthetic diamonds, I don't see anything wrong with that as long as it is not trying to pose or mislead others as the real thing.

You're basing this on the cheap replicas you can buy on a city street corner.

As you may know, having cruised the replica forums, there are several grades of fake watches - I am basing my experience on these class A replica watches, the same class, or perhaps higher, than the fake watch you started this thread to praise. These class A watches sell for $250-350 here in the US, or about $80-100 in China, and are sold by jeweler's there.

The high quality versions may use ACTUAL original parts (including the wrist band), many are built with the same high grade materials as the original (including titanium and anti-reflective coatings on both sides of the sapphire crystal).

They do not use the same parts, they do not use the band, they use copies of them. They are also not built with the same quality of material - I am sure the advertisments will tell you the watch you're buying is solid titanium with a sapphire crystal, but what you will receive is aluminum adondized to resemble titanium, or plated with a microscopically thin layer of the actual metal. Solid gold band links? Not from China. The swiss $1000 replica rolex built in the same factory? Made in china and the same quality, only with more optimistic marketing.

I recently read a release from a manufacturer of a $10K watch on what you need to look for when comparing a quality fake to their real watch. The differences were extremely minute and if you didn't know what to look for, it would not be possible to distinguish this particular fake from the real thing.

This is also misleading, in many cases these manufacturers are trying to protect consumers from making online purchases of fake watches. In this situation, a minute difference in a picture could save someone the hassle of buying a piece of garbage online for a great deal of money. It also allows the manufacturer to avoid needing to deal with complaints or bad PR when this piece of garbage arrives, and breaks 1 month later, or lets in water almost immediately.

The need to visually distinguish a fake watch from its actual counterpart is not the same as saying the two items are identical, the movement (the entire point of purchasing an automatic watch) is going to be significantly inferior, accurate time will not be kept, and the watch itself will be a piece of junk, with illfitting parts, parts that will break in a short span of time, no water resistance, and, in the case of chronometers, in many cases the chrono is instead used to display the calendar date, or perhaps the day of the week, etc.

Here's some of the info straight from the manufacturer

So now you're basing your 'research' on marketing claims made by the manufacturer? I am sure he will say its the same, or superior to the more expensive piece, does that mean his marketing is truth? Absolutely not - watch a fast food commercial on TV, then go to the restaurant and compare quality - does your Big Mac look like it did on television?

many people there own 15 or 20 replicas they have dropped thousands and thousands of dollars on, rather than hundreds of thousands

This is called a supreme waste of money, as Jason said earlier, the 'true' cost of owning a quality time piece is not much greater than buying, for instance, a quality Seiko watch for $250-400; if you keep your documentation, as most everybody does, you can sell your used watch for more than you paid a few years down the road, as prices increase, or at the very least make the large percentage of your purchase price back.

I am not interested in designer clothing, etc. - I respect those who are, it is their hobby, but when it comes to watches I have been collecting them for a number of years. I usually wear a tshirt and jeans 99% of the time, and do not want to come off as pretentious, but I think it will emphasize my point to talk numbers; I have made money selling 4 of the 5 Tag Heuer watches I have owned, the 5th watch was a daily wear, was not in the best condition, and I only lost ~$100 on it, after many years of use. Of the higher end watches I have owned, I purchased a rolex GMT new, and sold it a few months later for only $50 loss. I purchased a Breitling jupiter used, and sold it for a significant profit. I have another Breitling now, that I was able to purchase for a bargain price - if I sold it today I could easily make $500 on its sale - compare this to dumping $300 on a garbage fake, what is the better course of action?

You need to put more money up front, but unlike replica watches fine watches retain their value, or appreciate. A Rolex, Breitling, etc. is an asset, as well as an excellent piece of engineering - a fake watch is made for the lowest price in a random factory with very limited quality control. A fine swiss watch is a much better place to put your cash.

Man made diamonds ARE real diamonds. The fancy colors cannot be duplicated so easily so some people can distinguish them. Otherwise, DeBeers found that the subjecting them to intense UV light causes them to glow a bit longer, a quality called phospor luminiscence. DeBeers is really scared of these and is trying to push a campaign that touts natural diamonds as taking a million years to create. Time will tell how this all plays out.

It's more like "Dude." <--- with a period after it.

Steve, I know the owners of one of these name brand jeans companies. Like their competitors, they're made in factories close to downtown LA, manned by the local Hispanic community. Also close by is the clothing district, where you'll find knockoffs of these jeans and other designer clothing sold by, umm, the local Hispanic community.

Sure the quality is a little bit better than your average pair of jeans, but you can't imagine how much money they make selling these jeans at such a high price. Hand over fist. I guess there are enough people out there who are willing to pay for them. I am not one of them. I could have stopped by their factory to grab a bunch, but then I'd feel bad putting them on ebay the next day.

Off brand or cheaper alternative is one thing, I don't mind off brand legal cold medicines, cereals, bath room tissues.

I don't know about you, but my ass can definitely tell the difference between name brand and cheapy toilet paper.

Oh, and to echo the sentiment of this thread: Better to own a nice Seiko than a fake Rolly.

Last edited:
Man made diamonds ARE real diamonds. The fancy colors cannot be duplicated so easily so some people can distinguish them. Otherwise, DeBeers found that the subjecting them to intense UV light causes them to glow a bit longer, a quality called phospor luminiscence. DeBeers is really scared of these and is trying to push a campaign that touts natural diamonds as taking a million years to create. Time will tell how this all plays out.

Dude, that's interesting.

Sawatdi bro!

It's more like "Dude." <--- with a period after it.

Steve, I know the owners of one of these name brand jeans companies. Like their competitors, they're made in factories close to downtown LA, manned by the local Hispanic community. Also close by is the clothing district, where you'll find knockoffs of these jeans and other designer clothing sold by, umm, the local Hispanic community.

Sure the quality is a little bit better than your average pair of jeans, but you can't imagine how much money they make selling these jeans at such a high price. Hand over fist. I guess there are enough people out there who are willing to pay for them. I am not one of them. I could have stopped by their factory to grab a bunch, but then I'd feel bad putting them on ebay the next day.

Size 34 dude:biggrin:

I don't know about you, but my ass can definitely tell the difference between name brand and cheapy toilet paper..

You mean the cheap type your finger can penetrate or just the sandpaper stuff. :biggrin:

Oh, and to echo the sentiment of this thread: Better to own a nice Seiko than a fake Rolly.

When that package gets to your place just return to sender ok. Sorry dude. :biggrin:
I get you something next Christmas:biggrin:

I'm all for lab created diamonds. I have always felt too much importance was placed on diamonds starting with the "obligatory" diamond engagment ring. I was always amazed that there were "standards" as to how many months salary should be expended to buy one. That money would be better spent on buying a house or condo rather than renting an apartment to start saving all over again.

I completely agree with your viewpoint on the cost of diamonds vs. buying a home or condo. The idea of purchasing a lab diamond seems much more sensible and reasonable to the average joe rather than spending thousands of dollars on a diamond. However, how do you bypass the problem at proposal? I mean, most females, correct me if I'm wrong, would not necessarily jump at the idea of wearing a lab diamond as an engagement ring, much less answer with a yes to the relevant question.

I completely agree with your viewpoint on the cost of diamonds vs. buying a home or condo. The idea of purchasing a lab diamond seems much more sensible and reasonable to the average joe rather than spending thousands of dollars on a diamond. However, how do you bypass the problem at proposal? I mean, most females, correct me if I'm wrong, would not necessarily jump at the idea of wearing a lab diamond as an engagement ring, much less answer with a yes to the relevant question.

I just crumpled up a little ball of tin foil, used a grape stem for setting and a garbage tie for the ring. She didn't have a clue it wasn't real.

When I handed her the lab diamond she was much happier. See happiness is all about expectation management. You gots to set the stage B.

Speaking of fake watches, I have a friend who picked up a replica Swiss Army watch in Thailand.
This is the greatest replica I have ever seen, under the Swiss Army symbol on the watch face were the words

"Swiss Navy"

It is a one of a kind, rare proof that there may be a "Swiss Navy"

That's funny. When I was in Thailand, they had Rolex watches that had Chinese characters in place of the numbers on the dial. I should of bought one!

Before I got married, I asked my wife about it, she said she could care less whether the diamond was lab created or dug up. I was extremely surprised, but I later saw this same question come up in a survey in one of her magazines and at least in that survey, the majority of women didn't care. I found that even more surprising.

So now you're basing your 'research' on marketing claims made by the manufacturer? I am sure he will say its the same, or superior to the more expensive piece, does that mean his marketing is truth? Absolutely not - watch a fast food commercial on TV, then go to the restaurant and compare quality - does your Big Mac look like it did on television?

By manufacturer I meant the manufacturer of the REAL watch. Everything in blue in my previous post came from the website of Hublot. On their own web site they say "although not easy, this is one of the only ways to visually distinguish between an original “Big Bang” and a replica". I'm glad to hear it's easy for you to tell the difference though. Next you'll tell me they say 'visually' but all you have to do is close your eyes and pick it up.

The rest of your post I'm just going to ignore, you clearly have your mind made up and obviously hate the idea that something you paid thousands for can be knocked off and sold for 10% of the price with virtually nobody knowing the difference. I understand why you want to feel that way, it's just not reality any longer.

However, how do you bypass the problem at proposal? I mean, most females, correct me if I'm wrong, would not necessarily jump at the idea of wearing a lab diamond as an engagement ring, much less answer with a yes to the relevant question.

If the ring "presents a problem" at proposal and the answer would be dependent upon the size and value of a rock, then I wouldn't ask the question in the first place.

I don't understand why anyone needs a watch that cost more than 50 bucks.

Now that being said I have a 1k Movado watch that I hardly ever wear. Even if I had Bill Gates money I would not have a 10k watch, unless it belonged to my grandfather or something like that.

Dude, I totally get what you're saying :biggrin:

I was given an anniversary rolex. It's just a SS divers watch with a black face and a dark green ring around the outside. It was a gift from my business partner and only a few were made???? Now $$$$

I never put it on. It's nice looking but I've got a Luminox: http://www.luminox.com/
Best watch money can buy for use at about $200+. Cool part is EVERY point and the hands have an illuminated vile of Tritium. I get stopped anywhere it's dark moves, ect.

My Dad has bucks and has a few Rolex, Tag, Brillington(SP). I got him just the cheap ~$180 one for a dive trip. Funny thing is that's the only watch he wheres now and thanks me for it often. He just said at some boring function he went to with his 50+ year old eyes he could tell when it was going to be over :tongue:

Back