• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rivercity Raceway 1/4 mile: Bone stock

Had a great time today with Ojas and Umar at the track. I was pretty excited with some of the times I got so I had to post. (Ojas, Umar: sorry guys, haha I couldn't fight the urge to let it out)

'91 Berlina black/ 28,000miles
Mods: none, bone stock minus engine cover, spare & bracket
Driver weight : 205#s

13.64 @ 104

I have yoke es100 on the rear with about 35% tread left. With a little more weight reduction (tools and junk in the trunk/ workout and lose 50#, haha) and an even better launch I'm hoping to be in the lower half of the 13's with no bolt on aftermarket parts (DINNER ON UMAR~!haha) All in all we had great fun. I know, I know, our cars aren't built for just straight line speed, but at least this is better than full throttling to 100+ down the highway
in traffic:D

Ron

rock-on!!!

hmmm, IT was a fun nite! :)
I was unable to drive :( (vertigo & med'z, out of commission for atleast a week)...

Ojas & Ron did gr8...! Ojas's H/E combo sounds unbelievable. Ron seems to have been dragster in a former life, pssst- just ask him about his 'past' ;)

All i can say is this regarding 1/4's: nothing compares to American Muscle, brute force in terms of cubic-inches, AND obscene amounts of torque... :eek:

[on a tangent, man-o-man is it challenging to launch the NSX from 0'] :confused:

I think our cars deserve a new drag race protocal,the half mile!:D That would probably suit our cars engine and gearing better and who knows those big cube domestics might run out of gas!

docjohn said:
I think our cars deserve a new drag race protocal,the half mile!:D That would probably suit our cars engine and gearing better and who knows those big cube domestics might run out of gas!

Looking at the 0-150 times of the NSX vs the "big cube" boys... I think this is a bad idea :)

let's try 0-160 !!!

Most of the "big cube" boys' gearing won't let them go as fast as we can (top speed) so let's pick a number we can do and they can't, then we win all the way around. Or let's just do a "beauty contest" they can't come close. Or, instead of the 1/4 mile, put in a turn and see if they can "stick" with us then!!!

Last edited:
Re: let's try 0-160 !!!

RPM217 said:
Most of the "big cube" boys' gearing won't let them go as fast as we can (top speed) so let's pick a number we can do and they can't, then we win all the way around. Or let's just to a "beauty contest" they can't come close. Or, instead of the 1/4 mile, put in a turn and see if they can "stick" with us then!!!

Top speed: Big cube boys win
1/4 Mile: Big cube boys win
Stick in a turn: Big cube boys win
Beauty contest: We win

:)

eh, it was fun watching those domestic torque monsters fly down the track with their front ends in the air, but I would definately say we were getting the looks, haha. Guess it's not everyday you see a couple nsx's at the 1/4 track.

:) Umar: hopefully you won't be popping too many of those pills next week and you can bring your car out. ~sigh... i just dropped mine off at Sterling today, hopefully I can get it back before next wednesday.

All I hear about in my town is 1/4 miles and mustangs. I hate it. I would love to see thier faces when a NSX does a low 13 and beats half their mustangs.... of course, all they would say is "a crobra is faster and a third the price... so you just cant win.:(

NetViper said:
All I hear about in my town is 1/4 miles and mustangs. I hate it. I would love to see thier faces when a NSX does a low 13 and beats half their mustangs.... of course, all they would say is "a crobra is faster and a third the price... so you just cant win.:(

hehe, thas kinda funny cuz when i ran the 13.64, the guy on the opposite side was a new model mustang. Looked like it was a gt with that exterior package where the hood scoop and the trunk have black pieces rather than body matched colors. Both Umar and I thought it mite run some decently quick times, but by the 60 foot i was about .5 seconds ahead and ended up running over a full second faster than him (14.70). :confused: I thought those mustangs were supposed to hook up a lot better than our cars cuz of the whole alignment thing in the rear. shrug* nothin to brag about, but felt good pulling on him like that with all those people watching :D

my cheeks hurt...

hmmm, Ron & Ojas: my cheeks still hurt from the perpetual grinning after the outing... :D

We often take for granted the aesthetics and presence that our cars have, but when you see the adoration and respect that others give the NSX, a feeling of contentment permeates from within...!
:cool:

Back