• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RSX Steering Wheel swap in my NSX! Hi-Res Photos

Finally got around to doing this, and after a lot of research I've also got a functioning airbag hooked up properly. More on that later, but here's some "after" pics for now. I love it! :biggrin:

EGyB2aC-1z9lO4NG-zvx9N5VX9Xs0Nrk

AFNF-cd-3T-sJM8rCvy6ATlaasvhlm0W

gDHhgl2nmj-huUPphxgJnjiMFdESzwPm

IIl18CFfrz-MBRZVvcChBRRv18xTcus2

XkhdH1FY4z8WN_pMzn2ZD10JA5DAlKyK

siateXvX6T9s_DJRpEYSAsymjCoqpnxZ

u8K2gYP-5D9l4SrRL8x_e8Ttc1A2cxfx

EEnaCfra6T8jmcWp9jfUchhaTiNrUc4u

2KrtLih06T8RkiD94Ug_hnu6OCnt8krX

Does look much better than original, and a little thicker..:cool:

freakin awesome!

fully expected to see this or an s2000 wheel swap but this has the A ftw! :)

Looks like it belongs, when I get my NSX this will definitely be a mod I will do...part of the update modd(like a 2002 update) makes the interior look a little more modern, without standing out too much.

RSX is an awesome stock wheel. Nice job man!

I do an new Odyssey based on that it has the stereo controls right on the wheel plus it is open at the bottom center to just hang onto if your cruising!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shawn

Attachments

• 05odySteerWheelCov.jpg
    05odySteerWheelCov.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,047
Yeah that BLOWS the S2000 Swap outta the water, I tried the S2000 Wheel 2 weeks ago and put it on didnt like the look, took it off. but that looks great,, Curious though did it fit right onto the Original Spindals on the wheel? or did you need an adapter for the swap? let me know I am sold on this mod, e-bay is open in another window righ now. LOL

what year Rsx?

I do an new Odyssey based on that it has the stereo controls right on the wheel plus it is open at the bottom center to just hang onto if your cruising!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Shawn

would the stereo buttons work with say a Pioneer AVIC? :)

Yeah that BLOWS the S2000 Swap outta the water, I tried the S2000 Wheel 2 weeks ago and put it on didnt like the look, took it off. but that looks great,, Curious though did it fit right onto the Original Spindals on the wheel? or did you need an adapter for the swap? let me know I am sold on this mod, e-bay is open in another window righ now. LOL

what year Rsx?

The RSX and S2K wheels are exactly the same, the only difference is the airbag cover.

I have the RSX wheel in my car as well. :D

picture36.jpg

what year Rsx?

2005 and 2006 Type-S RSX's are supposed to have the best leather from what I heard, so that's what I got! And thanks for the compliments guys, it took me A LOT of effort to make this finally happen. It's funny because there were other people out there all over the world trying to do the same thing at the same time! Luckily Prime is a great place and I think we were all able to help each other out in different ways, and I wrote the DIY write-up in the same open-source spirit.

Last edited:

what year Rsx?

All these cars share the exact same steering wheel. The only exception is the insight which has its wheel made of some weird rubber rather then leather. They are all the same diameter. AP2 S2000 and RSX even have the exact same cruise control switch. Only differences are the airbags.

Just a little side note guys, if you can find a 2002-2005 EP3 Si steering wheel for cheap pick it up. It has red stitching but is identical otherwise to the rest. S2000 CR (08-09) has yellow, 05-06 RSX has silverish stitching. Thats it if I remember right...oh and the JDM ITR/CTR steering wheels are the same thing as usdm, except red stitching and they have a Momo badge at the bottom....and cost 3-4x as much lol. Heres some photos of the actual things.

S2000 CR:
honda_s2000_cr_a_c_6_spd_mt_2009_dashboard_10.jpg

AP1 S2000 (00-03):
imgoc0.jpg

AP2 S2000 (04-09):
DCP_0307.JPG

EP3 Si w/ red overlay on badge (02-05):
1000260hx2.jpg

RSX (05-06):
100_2904.jpg

DC5R/EP3R (01-05)
251.jpg

Last edited:
what about some love for the pioneers who went before you? Evo, then me, then e.pie... just kidding man. I'm glad it's working out. I've been super happy with this upgrade. Maybe i'll stumble upon an RSX airbag one of these days.

It seems worth it to get the boss/hug adapter from the gentleman selling them. I forgot your screename, sorry!

Last edited:
what about some love for the pioneers who went before you? Evo, then me, then e.pie... just kidding man. I'm glad it's working out. I've been super happy with this upgrade. Maybe i'll stumble upon an RSX airbag one of these days.

It seems worth it to get the boss/hug adapter from the gentleman selling them. I forgot your screename, sorry!

There's plenty of love to go around Ryu! I haaaave been working on this since last May though :wink: I have been ecstatic with this upgrade as well, I can't ever see going back. Oh, the gentleman you are referring to for those adapters is Gary, aka Hagasan.

Back