• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rumored non-hybrid $110,000 NSX (rumor started by OP....)

Two things....when I talked with a dealer (yeah, yeah) about 6-8 months ago, the impression the dealer had was that there was going to be two models. Unfortunately, the belief was an NA and a TT version (both with all hybrid parts.) *If* this is true, the "150K-ish" price might end up being the NA while the TT is 170K+.

The second part is about the hybrid "only being implemented for performance." This is only partly true. The released info includes an all-electric mode up to 50MPH. So the hybrid parts are there for torque/control but also for non-gasoline mode as well.

:applouse::applouse::applouse:

1000 times this. The GT4 may indeed be the perfect mid-engined sports car for those who want either a simpler and lighter car, or something cheaper than the NSX, R8, etc. Might wanna get your name on the list now actually...

It has officially been announced, been on the list for the car for a while :cool:

Great track toy based on specs.

https://www.pca.org/news/2015-02-03/porsche-unveils-cayman-gt4

Great interview by evo Magazine with Andreas Preuninger about the GT4.

Porsche's official intro video for the GT4.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What are thoughts on the MP4-12C? I've always liked them and have noticed the price drops recently. Are they very expensive maintenance or known to have some serious issues? I am just wondering if the price drop is a natural depreciation or is there something slightly don't-touch about these as compared to other similarly priced exotics?

I was thinking the same thing myself until I read about the servicing. Apparently McLaren will not sell you the service manuals. Additionally many tasks require you to plug a laptop into the car running special McLaren software. McLaren will not provide this software to their customers.

Moral of the story is that you should only buy one if you live near a dealer. I've read stories of owners having to ship their car to the nearest dealer using a McLaren approved transport company for several thousand dollars round trip only to have the car fail shortly upon return with the same problem. So they have to ship it back a 2nd time! That level of potential frustration is just not worth my time. Even a Ferrari would be far less hassle to get serviced.

Back