• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 people, educate me :)

thanks guys! Yeah, I love the white one the most! Got way more attention too. Get the white one for sure!

Attachments

• TU10.jpg
    TU10.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Join the club. Everyone wants one, no one lets them go, and they didn't make that many because it's the national colors of Japan, like the rarity of GPW NSXs.

Srsly? That's the reason? :confused:

I have found 2 so far, both are overpriced. $18.5K for a 2001? Please.

White was always a bread and butter color though over the past maybe 8-10yrs i've noticed them become very popular. I wonder if it's a fad. I had sold my 2003 GPW S2k for easily a 2-3k premium because of that. Weird I think but I didn't complain.

I saw a white 2000 AP1 in GPW/Red locally here for sale in Socal a couple weeks ago. it had 90k'ish miles for $13k -----> this is going by my crappy memory. Unfortunately, I think it's sold. I can't find it.

I just like the white/red because it reminds me of the old Honda RA272 f1 cars.

There was only 1 model year that had the white and all red interior. That year was the 2002 version. I believe that is the one that commands the highest premium

I don't feel comfortable during a roll-over at the track in a S2000. :eek: Due to it's suspension the S2000 is fast, very fast at the track and cheaper to fix if you crash it. :tongue:

I don't feel comfortable during a roll-over at the track in a S2000. :eek:

I don't know about that...my mate Khalid survived a horrific rollover at +100mph and only had bruises. That car and the stock rollbars sure saved his life.

I'll try and find photos of the crash.

I can echo something similar along those lines. A green student at the track did a front end over end rollover with his instructor. Both were fine (minus some major bruising).

There was only 1 model year that had the white and all red interior. That year was the 2002 version. I believe that is the one that commands the highest premium

Could have sworn they had it in 2000. I went to check out a 2000 GPW/all red, but someone bought it out from under me.

2000-2001 were white with red and black interior.
2002 were white with an all red interior
Then it switched to white with tan interiors for a few years before they switched to black interiors. I believe the red and black interior combo came back before the S2000 got killed (not certain on that one though).

for those who tracked his/her nsx for years, I have been driven more than a few S2k in different configuration: AP1/2, stock, na modified IHE, supercharged.. R compound or street tires (haven't driven turbo yet.)

While I love how the S2k feel and responds at the streets, BUT:

I NEVER liked the suspension geometry on S2k, ap1 or ap2. it's too much actions going on at the rear, combined with the light /quick steering; I never had the "precise" feeling from my nsx. Especially at high speed sweepers.

then of course, it's a lot of fun tossing it into tight low-speed corners.
Wonder if anyone had take the power steering away and if it felt better at all.

for those who tracked his/her nsx for years, I have been driven more than a few S2k in different configuration: AP1/2, stock, na modified IHE, supercharged.. R compound or street tires (haven't driven turbo yet.)

While I love how the S2k feel and responds at the streets, BUT:

I NEVER liked the suspension geometry on S2k, ap1 or ap2. it's too much actions going on at the rear, combined with the light /quick steering; I never had the "precise" feeling from my nsx. Especially at high speed sweepers.

then of course, it's a lot of fun tossing it into tight low-speed corners.
Wonder if anyone had take the power steering away and if it felt better at all.

While I loved my S2k, I felt the same way about the rear. While in deceleration from speeds of 80mph or above, that rear end really seemed to wave back and forth. I could never quite figure it out. Stabilizer bars, adjustable suspension, nothing fixed it. Loved the car other than that, but that particular characteristic always bothered me.

This topic sure does come up quite often....I swear :)

I've owned x4 s2000's over a period of 5 years and about to buy another one to supplement my 09 GPW.

Let's see, I had my 01 spa, 05 Rio CTSC, 05 Silverstone CTSC, 09 GPW and might be buying one more.

The 05 rio and 05 silverstone I had at the same time for a short while.

AP1's are more raw and have a higher redline, easer to mod due to the lack of the DBW. You can also install aftermarket seats in the <2005 cars because of lack of airbag sensors that came in 2006+ models.

I love my nsx but can easily live without it if I must but I must have an s2000 in the garage just because it's the BEST DAILY DRIVER car around you can take anywhere! Eventually I'm thinking about selling my NSX as it's got boring over the years but I have no intention of selling my latest 09 GPW. It's a car I will keep for a very long time.

I have pictures of all of them if you want to see but too lazy to get them right now.

...it's the BEST DAILY DRIVER car around you can take anywhere!

Agree 100%. For daily driving, the S2000 is awesome. The only time I don't drive it is during the heavy rain season, when an H2 is likely to flatten me. For those days, it's a sedan.

Very true - 2002 is the all red interior :)

White/red combo's are the hottest, no one can deny that. Whether you have the NSX or s2000 - those are the ones that comman the highest price, you don't have to agree but that is a fact :)

I looked at tons of 2007+ GPW with the red/black interior before settling on my 2009. They changed the interior a bit so it's still red/black but the pattern is different, this is what mine looked like when I first bought her:

my 09 stock interior:
IMG_3918.jpg

this is from my 05 silverstone: (note the difference)
interior5.jpg

We liked the 2005 Red/Black seats better than the all red ones in our 2000, so we bought a pair and swapped them in.
I though it rounded out the Red/Black interior perfectly!

Brian

Last edited:
My 05 S2000 (AP1 Engine with AP2 suspension set up - yes we get best of both worlds) has been with me from new.

And I can only reiterate what others have said. The AP2 set up is great for handling as it's not as twitchy on the edge and much more controllable. No TCS so it is tremendous fund to drive. I have never been coached on the S on track so I still find it scary (even after 5 years if driving) at times but that's what I love about it.

It is just so much fun to drive all of the time - don't even care that it isn't the fastest thing on the road it just works all the time.

No matter what I do I cannot seem to part with the S or the NSX - both so special in their own way.

As a track car with a small budget for mods, tyres, maybe a hard top with the convertible mechanism removed - or if you can find an S2000 CR http://www.rsportscars.com/honda/2008-honda-s2000-cr/ could be the perfect car for you!

Back