• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 to NSX?

Im kinda new here been on here only a couple of times so please don't go crazy or flame on my question.

Well i currently own a 07 s2000 and was considering swapping that for a nsx. So i was wondering if anyone here went from a s2000 to a NSX and how was it? Did you regret it?
Also I wanted to know what year is consider one of the best year for the nsx? Or what year should I be looking into?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Dave

Dave,
Welcome to the board. If you run a search you will find many threads on this topic.

Also, read the Wiki for answers to many questions about the NSX:
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Main_Page

Some of us have both the S2000 and the NSX and the cars are fun in their own way.

Hi Dave welcome to prime!

Yes, I went from my 07 S2000 to a NA1 Berlina Black NSX. Sold that car and moved to a 2002 NA2 NSX...

I miss the S2000 badly. I'll never not own an NSX though so that should tell you something. I daily drove my S2000 but sold it as the NSX was coming and I needed a SUV. The S2000 was a fun car to drive everyday especially with the top down. As I live in Dubai I can count on two hands the days I drove with the top up not vice versa!!!

Handling of the S was superb but the NSX is better. The acceleration of the S was great but the NSX is better. The opened air feeling of the S2000 was superb and I'm waiting to see what the Targa NSX is like.

Would I get another S2K? Yes but the NSX is just that much better.

Hopefully Arfiman responds to this thread as he bought my 91 NSX and still uses his 04 S2K for daily driving. He'll definately have some newbie feedback for how the two compare.

Dave,
Welcome...as for your question, No you will not regret getting an NSX. You might just use that 07 s2k as a daily beater once you get an NSX. If you are looking into buying an NSX most would probably tell you to pick up a 97+ because it has all the NA2 specs. (3.2 liter, 6 speed, targa, and you save a few $$$ from having to spend that extra on the 02+ comestics), but if you are planning to track the car, than I think a 91-94 coupe will suite you best.

There are many NSX owners here who have both NSX and S2k. No complaint on either car, but I'm sure they will all tell you that the NSX is by far a much more fun driving experience.

good luck on your search....

Dave,
Welcome to the board. If you run a search you will find many threads on this topic.

Also, read the Wiki for answers to many questions about the NSX:
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Main_Page

Some of us have both the S2000 and the NSX and the cars are fun in their own way.

+1

Dave,
Welcome...as for your question, No you will not regret getting an NSX. You might just use that 07 s2k as a daily beater once you get an NSX. If you are looking into buying an NSX most would probably tell you to pick up a 97+ because it has all the NA2 specs. (3.2 liter, 6 speed, targa, and you save a few $$$ from having to spend that extra on the 02+ comestics), but if you are planning to track the car, than I think a 91-94 coupe will suite you best.

There are many NSX owners here who have both NSX and S2k. No complaint on either car, but I'm sure they will all tell you that the NSX is by far a much more fun driving experience.

I've had several S2Ks and currently have both a NA2 NSX and S2K CR. I did regret getting rid off my S2K after buying my NSX and had to get another.

Bottom line is this. If you LOVE the S2K an NSX is not a replacement for it. These cars go about how the perform very differently. You'll love an NSX for different reasons than loving the S2K.

Example. I love the smooth raw silky pull of the NSX engine and how it revs. With the S2K I love how it's engine screams as it revs. Plenty of other examples.

Dave,

I would like to track it..but which year is better...i guess the newer one right? so like 94? but is there really a big diff from 91-94?

or does this pretty much sum it up?

1991 was the first production model year for the NSX. In 1992 there was a new color introduced. It was Grand Prix White. These changes are ONLY for US models.

All manual NSX's from 1991 to 1996 have a 3.0L 270HP engine

A passenger side airbag was added

Re-worked the center console

Warranty went from 3 years 36 to 4 years 45 miles

The AC system was switched from CFC's to R134A (Environmentally friendly)

There was a useless cupholder added

A new color Brooklands Green Pearl was added

Late model green cars had body color roof's. Instead of black one's

No more Sebring Silver NSX's were produced

Interior color Tan was added

No more Ivory interior

New rims were added + increased Tire/Wheel Sizes to 215ZR45 16" Front and 245ZR40 17" Rear

Reduced gear noise by reducing the gear cut

Made the rear wall of the interior color coded to the leather

Rear alignment was changed to 2mm less toe-in to help improve tire wear

Deleted the stainless steel NSX symbol from center arm rest.
(That always burned my arm...ouch!!)

No difference on the 91-94 year but that only thing you want to make sure if you purchase a 91 is that Snap Ring issue. Ask the seller about this and make sure it's either out of this rang or has been fixed. My suggestion, just pick up a 92-94 if you gonna track. Always do a PPI prior to buying.

Both cars is fantastic.
I had S2000, and the last 2 years with SC & 7psi. It was fast fast car 0-200km/h about 15-16s. I use lot of money to make it, like I want it to be. It was awesome & very nice car. I still miss it.

My current NSX -97 is great car.
Is is from technical point almost original. Some things I have changed, but this car ROCK.
At the moment is it under progress :) (2002+ conversion & new color).
It is better to drive @ hihg speed. It is faster than my old sc S2000 after 200km/h was. Both car is great cars to drive but NSX have something more, exotic.

Take a test drive and think how you feel it. Then compare and make decision :)

Hope this helps :)

-pegi-

My old S2000 & my nsx.

Last edited:
Tho I've never owned the S2K, I've driven my cousin's decently enough to
know it's character. They're different in their own way, so it's
definitely not a replacement. If I could, I'd want the S2K as
the daily driver. It's an awesome car!.... but then again,
the NSX is just much more then awesome.:biggrin:
Sugoiee-haiyaiee! :cool:

can anybody chime in on the differences between a s2k clutch vs. nsx clutch? like pedal travel, engagement, how heavy the clutch is, etc...?

nsx is better. but u need to think of its cost. your s2000 is almost brand new. it's not going to have any problem at least 5 years. but if u buy an used nsx. 91-98. u will pay more than u expect.
Insurance, TB&WP, clutch gonna cost a lot.
if your pocket allows, go NSX. i love that car, too. but not cheap as many people mentioned.
someone recently damaged his nsx's whole body. he's parting the car out. wont even repair.

IMO, NSX have little bit shorter. Pressure is almost stock.
I think overall is almost the same.

he visited me because he needed to sell me a few parts that i need for my NSX :biggrin: the car was damaged on a mountain. i dont know if they had full coverage or not. but NSX is the car that we really need to be careful. not something like a 350z, STI, EVO, or s2000 that we can abuse whatever we want on street.

can anybody chime in on the differences between a s2k clutch vs. nsx clutch? like pedal travel, engagement, how heavy the clutch is, etc...?

Clutch on a stock vs stock setup is virtually the same. The shifter however is no comparo as the s2000 is much more precise and shorter.

On my s2000, I have the Comptech dual friction race clutch so the s2000 is a bit more firm (almost euro like my m3) and I love it. When I jump into the NSX I always have to get used to the mushy clutch pedal compared to my other cars.

As for s2000 vs. NSX, I SWEAR this topic comes up every month at least once! Please do a search man.....

rk

Haha, this is a good question.

When I started the week and got back into the S I wanted to drive my NSX again, but on the wau home last night and some spirited driving on some back roads I remembered why I love the car so much again! So chuckable and nippy it is almost unreal sometimes.

As a new NSX owner I am still taking it easy and learning how she responds before doing anything I may regret (same as the S when I first got her).

So would it be a good move if you had to give the S up for the NSX? I think it would, because the NSX is just an unbelievable car. In fact I would suggest you look at earlier models without power steering because driving it feels so right! Getting in to the powered S felt like the wheels weren't touching the road! ;) The top down driving is important for me so I would miss that if I gave up the S, and I believe that it is just an easier car as a daily driver, but you know what, you'll get used to the NSX!

So I say go for it if you can - but take your time and find a good example that fits within your budget - even if it takes a few months.

Good luck!

Since two years I have both (the S2000 built 1999 joined later). I love both but maintance-wise the NSX ist double or tribble the costs of the S2000. I always admired the later one for it's superb suspension. After upgrading the NSX it's very close to the S2000. So the S2000 gets sold soon as it has other personal disadvantages (I don't like driving with the top off on hot summer days).

I loved my S2000.

If fun is all that matters for a car, its the best.

I guess the difference, for me, can be summed up with the NSX puts a grin on my face 24/7, whether Im in it or not, near it or not; but the S2000 only really made me happy when I was flogging it. But man, I was happy when I was wringing that little car out.

Just went from a '01 S2K to a '99 NSX. Whoa... not even a comparison. The NSX is above and beyond my expectations. I have finally have my dream of owning a exotic. The S2K was fun, but like a go cart. The NSX beats the S2K in all areas. I even like the shifter better than the S2K, but it has a short shift kit!

sold my S

im hurting for it :biggrin: enough said.

if you have the $. keep both.

Back