• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sad to see NSX Prime become such a ghost town

Still around although spent much time recently in St John USVI with crappy internet...definitely cuts down on web based activity. Looking forward to good weather her in Duxbury and giving the garage queens a really thorough cleaning, then let the good times roll.

how has the island rebounded from the hurricane?

I signed up for the Facebook NSX forum but I quickly canceled the subscription as it is just filled with bullshit. NSX Prime is the only site for me to hang out with NSX enthusiasts.
Steve

I signed up for the Facebook NSX forum but I quickly canceled the subscription as it is just filled with bullshit. NSX Prime is the only site for me to hang out with NSX enthusiasts.
Steve

But then where do you go for your Front End Friday or Wide Stance Wednesday photo fix?

You haven't seen anything compared to the FB Second Generation Owners Group. The second you say anything bad about the car you get blasted with private messages. I even got phone calls telling me that I was responsible for the car depreciating. HA! Like the $30k cash incentive didn't do that on it's own.

I agree. Prime is the best!

I even got phone calls telling me that I was responsible for the car depreciating. HA! Like the $30k cash incentive didn't do that on it's own.

Yeah because niche supercars aren't known for depreciating at all...:rolleyes:

I understand there are all these super limited sportscars(Porsche says no more manual GT3; decides to build 2016 Porsche 911 R and charges $186k making them a sold-out instant classic), but it seems like people think they are entitled to their supercar appreciating as soon as they buy it, and when it doesn't they must attack someone who is to blame.

I have NSXprime open at my work computer all day :) - I think I've almost read every thread....lol. I don't have FB but use my wife's FB account to check in on the FB groups (she hates me for it...lol) she's always getting PM's about parts or things related to my NSX I'm buying off people.

how has the island rebounded from the hurricane?

Still a fair amount of repair going on, so the sound of saws and hammers is background noise many places. They need to figure out how to get rid of all the wrecked cars. Most of the wrecked boats are now gone. Restaurants are all open as are most businesses. Some of the beaches look very different, especially Big Maho (ALL of the palms are gone). Mangroves in general will take years to rebound. Campground at Cinnamon is gone...I dont see that getting fixed until the park service gets some additional funds.
All in all though, the place is starting to look pretty good...
Hey, If anyone wants to rent my place I will give 10% off to Prime members. PM me before making reservation.
https://windspree.com/villa/villa-ventosa/

Last edited:
Instagram:biggrin:

Oh man. What started as a fun photo-sharing app has bloated into just another facebook-like experience-sharing app full of annoying ads, unnecessary "my story" videos, events, and a nobody-asked-for new prioritization on messaging. Why is there a "Following" feature under the TV-looking icon up top when the entire premise of Instagram is to follow those you choose to follow? Except then Instagram also introduced a confounding & frustrating segregation scheme for prioritizing which pictures you see instead of following a chronological order. Same for Facebook - what started as a neat way to reconnect and keep in touch with old or distant friends has blossomed into a cavalcade of ads, fundraising requests, and unwanted TMZ-esque advertisement-dollar-mining clickbait posts inbetween too little actually-appealing content. Facebook then annoyingly prioritized the messaging experience into its own mobile app, making the connecting with friends aspect more cumbersome by forcing yet another opportunity for advertisements, “Stories" video posts, event announcements, games (games in a messenger app??) etc.
Facebook/Instagram/messenger apps are trying to do it all but becoming more alike and more annoying and less interesting to me. The constant push for revenue growth will, undoubtedly, make this even worse.

Anyone motivated to create a new facebook or instagram account now??

Now that everybody is swearing off bookface, Prime will be overrun!:encouragement:

As things go in cycles, I have some hope that many will get a little tired of this connected 24/7 business and maybe things like Prime with its different pace and vastly superior ability to look up Reference info will return to feeling more attractive, vibrant and well-supported. Like the return of enthusiast/performance cars starting ~2008 after a real drought of mostly disinterested offerings in the general market for a long time. Hopefully gas won't rise to $10/gallon in 2025 too.

You haven't seen anything compared to the FB Second Generation Owners Group. The second you say anything bad about the car you get blasted with private messages. I even got phone calls telling me that I was responsible for the car depreciating. HA! Like the $30k cash incentive didn't do that on it's own.

I agree. Prime is the best!

Well, since you're accustomed to mis-assigned root causes, I'm going to open myself to hate messages here (ha) as part of me has always felt that aspects of the Gen-2 helped contribute to the ghost town 'round these parts even though I think FacestaGram was the biggest root cause. :eek::mad:

Before Gen-2: Hope springs eternal

• Gen-1 owners are enthusiastic to be around others "smart enough" to know and act upon what too few other enthusiasts realize, much of that driven by the NSX being such a meaningful homerun to many at the time (and which continued to be meaningful or grew into being meaningful/legendary for many)
  • Prime has a good mix who all get to see the same content (except for the pay-it-forward area, which had nothing to do with the car). A good mix of past-, current-, future- (shoppers), and non-owners so there's little riff raff and Prime avoids needing to segregate groups, which is a must on FB due largely to riff-raff but which also often results in just seeing the same photos 3x from the closed owner’s group, the public Prime page, the NSXmobilia page, etc.
  • Owners stay enthusiastic from thinking there would never again be a similar Honda/Acura while also harboring latent enthusiasm from clinging to hope that Honda one day pulls off an NSX version of getting the Beatles or Van Halen back together and being newly impactful and/or continuing the legacy where it left off, like the successful '05 Ford GT. Hope springs eternal; we'd still love our Gen-1's but the world would love the Gen-2 and we'd all imagine parking one next to our Gen-1 one day, if not just love the idea of loving a Gen-2 one day.

After Gen-2's intro: Meeting your hero

• A delayed and controversial Gen-2 intros that IMHO tried to be the best at everything (ahem, like today’s Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and messaging apps cough cough cough) instead of capturing some smart uniqueness (which I acknowledge is super difficult to pull off amongst today’s automotive offerings), and with controversial styling that didn't even inspire many to assign it as a screen-saver (I think that's an accurate general statement?).
  • Some of the buzz over "what would it be like to finally discover a Bigfoot" which helped keep the Prime juju amped up earlier then kind of deflated due to the car being rather controversial instead becoming a widely desired homerun IMHO. A lot of the latent buzz bubbles popped. Kind of like Van Halen's reuniting in 2007 but without the secret sauce of Mikey the original bass player and David Lee Roth's prior vocals and wild blonde mane, the Actual didn't quite live up to the Hope for many, the successes of the past were not repeated or reinvented, so I felt a kind of deflation (that maybe now is starting to come back around).
  • Prime establishes an exclusive Gen-2 owner's area that, for lack of thinking up a better way to say it, to me felt like an exclusionary snub to long time Prime supporters for some reason. It also put a damper on the car itself, for me, leaving me personally thinking that someone or group felt the reputation of this controversial car had to be protected instead of letting it stand or fall on its own merits or faults. Just a slight downer at the time.

Well speaking of bloat...sometimes the thoughts in my head make it to the keyboard too often. :)

And as two non-downer closers:

1) The Mueller report confirms, no Russian collusion! MAGA! Make Acura Great Again!
2) The NSXPrime shortcut has blossomed into being one of the "Frequently Visited" sites on my iPhone, above Facebook! Maybe I should tell the Facebook owner's group and all my Facebook friends!!

Last edited:
it could use a little updating but still very usable

Agree. But only updates based on functional improvements, and not for administrative/cosmetic sprucing up that's based on some imagined "need" to freshen up or modernize things. Too often today, sites are "updated" into an all white & light-blue light-grey flat design presentation having a more simplified (vague) and vastly inferior interface.

If Prime goes the route of the dumbed-down Flat Design white/blue interface fad, I'm out as a paying supporter. :cool:

For instance, and this too could be a reason for the ghost town effect: how possible is it to finally improve the photograph-uploading and archiving functionality? Perhaps the biggest "feature" of Facebook is the ease for which photos & videos can be uploaded and shared. And while one of the best things about Prime vs. Facebook is the ability to find historical reference info, it's really defeating to find a great thread from 2006 but with all busted photo links.

I ran out of my allotment of picture-uploading storage about 1 year into my membership here. Since instachat and facestagram are so much about pictures, wouldn't that be a Prime place to start, assuming it's not at an exorbitant cost?

Last edited:
Don't be sad..I am still here with you Mr. Lets go for a drive :tongue:

Wow! I see I was the last one to post on this off topic forum almost ten days ago!?!?!

That's crazy... I admit I'm not in here nearly as much as I once was, but man I remember when there were multiple post on here daily.

Has Facebook killed this once thriving site? Wtf happened???

Sad:confused:

The disturbing advertising since a week or so will kill this forum even more rapidily. Not even Facebook has that amount advertising. Please switch it OFF ASAP.

I still check prime almost everyday...:smile:

Back