• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saleen S7 for sale

Wow..i thought those were concept cars. I didn't know they were selling them. How much are they?

For the current price now, I would rather buy a Carerra GT instead....

I wonder how the values of the S7 will hold? With cars like that it is a tough call.

No thanks. Too many miles on the clock for me...

Dtrigg said:
No thanks. Too many miles on the clock for me...

I couldn't seem to find any mention of the mileage. How many miles are on it?

But I did read where the seller claims a 0-60 time of under three seconds. That's odd, the manufacturer only claims an "under four seconds" 0-60 time. :rolleyes:

ChopsJazz said:

But I did read where the seller claims a 0-60 time of under three seconds. That's odd, the manufacturer only claims an "under four seconds" 0-60 time. :rolleyes:

I think it said it had 55 miles on it and it was brand new

ChopsJazz said:

It has 55 miles. For that much money, I would certainly buy the Carrera GT instead.
Steve

Yes, it has 55 miles on it. I was only kidding around. What a fantastic machine. I think it is one of the most fantastic autos in the world.

I am sorry but I really dont care for the design of the automobile......tube frames are 80's technology.....I will say it looks good, but really missed when the car was aimed to be better then the Italian made supercars.....or anyother for that matter......

There's one for sale at Prestige Imports in North Miami Beach right now. It's a gorgeous candy apple red. Yes, the car has a rediculous price tag, and no it won't be easy to sell when the time comes, but if I had loads of expendable cash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Saleen S7:
Weight - 2750lb
HP/Torque - 575/570
0-60 - 2.9s
1/4 mile - 10.8s@131mph
Slalom 72mph
+Real Useful Downforce!!!

Carrera GT:
Weight - 3042lb
HP/Torque - 605/435
1/4 mile - 11.2s@130
Slalom - 71mph
0-60 - 3.4s

The Saleen S7 is an incredible car. One of my neighbors owns one. He has a silver one, just like the one pictured.

Yes. Saleen enthusiasts like to say that the S7 is the car that God would choose. :smile:

slashmatt said:
Saleen S7:
Weight - 2750lb
HP/Torque - 575/570
0-60 - 2.9s
1/4 mile - 10.8s@131mph
Slalom 72mph
+Real Useful Downforce!!!

Carrera GT:
Weight - 3042lb
HP/Torque - 605/435
1/4 mile - 11.2s@130
Slalom - 71mph
0-60 - 3.4s

Where are you getting your stats for the Saleen S7. It is not that fast. According to most test it does 0-60 in around 3.3, but not way 2.9. As for the 1/4, MT got 11.36 @127. Still BLAZING fast, but not 10's.

The Twin Turbo version is supposed to run closer to what you have.

As far as downforce, I think the Saleen S7 is the only production car that makes enough downforce to be able to drive upside down at high speed! :eek:

NetViper said:
...I think the Saleen S7 is the only production car that makes enough downforce to be able to drive upside down at high speed! :eek:

Theoretically, of course :biggrin:

Back