• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Search for a 1997-2001 NSX

I have been searching for a near stock 97 - 2001 with less than 40k with no success. I am being pretty particular about things like maintenance history documentation, manuals, keys, low number of owners.
I have been scouring eBay, Auto Trader and here. Is there anywhere else to search?
some cars have a perforated leather and some don't. Was one of these an option or is there another pattern as to why same years cars are different?
I have enjoyed the site and learned a lot, and look forward to joining the ranks of owners.
Stan

Do you have a budget? The '97 to '01 cars are tough to find and the prices fluctuate more. A few years ago, the magical number used to be around $45,000, but I hardly think that is the case anymore as NSX prices have gone up significantly.

I too decided that the 97-01's were my favorite. I searched for a couple of years to find the "right one". I dismissed several because of "high mileage". The one I finally ended up buying had about 90K miles on it. It runs and drives like a brand new one. I recenty drove another one that was for sale that had 195K miles. It had some wear and tear from usage, but ran and drove virtually like new. I'm convinced that if you do somewhat regular maintenance on these cars they will last a very very long time. If you're looking for a car to actually drive (vs. stay in the garage and look at) I wouldn't shy away from a car with "high mileage". Just my $.02

I think that if you have a generous budget, you could post a wtb ad stating exactly what you are looking for and budget. If you are looking for a white one, good luck.

you should add "coupe" to your list of "must haves" :biggrin:

that way you only have 20 or so cars to watch and wait for one to go up for sale.

Last edited:
good luck on your search, with that many " must have's " your gonna be looking for 3-5 years.

you need to lower your " must have " if your gonna find an NSX read this link to educate yourself on a Used NSX

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/viewall.html

goodluck

Shawn is correct
My daily search/obesssion took about 5 years to score a 2000-2001, red/tan with 16,500K miles, and perfect everything
Main difference in 00-01 is perf leather, upgraded ABS

You should be able to find one in that year range. Hint, figure out who owns the one you want

I have been searching for a near stock 97 - 2001 with less than 40k with no success. I am being pretty particular about things like maintenance history documentation, manuals, keys, low number of owners.
I have been scouring eBay, Auto Trader and here. Is there anywhere else to search?
some cars have a perforated leather and some don't. Was one of these an option or is there another pattern as to why same years cars are different?
I have enjoyed the site and learned a lot, and look forward to joining the ranks of owners.
Stan

If you have the cash buy this and call it a day.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/46307-2000-NSX-T-Monaco-Blue-Pearl-Onyx-JH4NA2167YT000264

A bit on the pricey side but beggars can't be choosers.

Is there anywhere else to search?

ekHonda87 said:
you could post a wtb ad stating exactly what you are looking for and budget.

ekHonda87 has good advice, you may want to try and have the buyer find you by putting up a wanted ad. Also ask around at car meets, etc, etc. The type of car you are looking for is getting rarer and rarer and will take some hunting to track down for sure.

Who cares how many owners the car has had as long as the maintenence has been meticulously documented, the car was well cared for and the current owner has all of the documents/keys that originally came with the car. That said one owner cars tend to cost a little more.

I was also in your shoes looking for a 97-01 and had a lot of requirements of what I was looking for. All I can say is search online everyday on multiple websites, have your funds ready at all times and be ready to hop on a plane or go on a road trip at a moment's notice when the right car pops up (pun intended). I searched online everyday for 3 months and when the right car came up I dropped everything to get on my way to go check the car out in person and complete the purchase. Good luck!

Lots of good advice. NYCNSX is what I did. Shop everywhere , NSXPRIME (where I ended up scoring ), EBay, Autotrader, etc......
Wake up and search all before your morning coffee or your morning paper reading ritual ;-)
Have funds ready and be willing to go cross country that day. I went from Louisiana to Sacramento without a hesitation by plane and drove my 41k miles mint back home :)

Also please realize that only 1254 total cars were made between 1997 and 2001, so supply is extremely limited. Just fyi 3162 cars were made in 1991, to give you perspective.

Also please realize that only 1254 total cars were made between 1997 and 2001, so supply is extremely limited. Just fyi 3162 cars were made in 1991, to give you perspective.

this is the fact that has me itching to buy sooner than I otherwise might.

good luck on your search OP!

I really appreciate all the great advise. I can accept that the search may take a long time. I have had other collector cars and have learned to be patient until the right car is available.
I'll put up a want add on the site.
Still searching,
Stan

Low mileage 97-01's are a tough find and some of most coveted cars by collectors. Those years have all the upgrades, 3.2L engine, classic flap up headlight looks, power steering etc. Expect to pay a premium, especially for a rare colored car which are in some cases had a lower production number than a Zanardi edition. Stay on it and you will find one, just dont hesitate when you find the car because you are not the only one on the hunt for one. I saw a yellow car on Auto Trader earlier this week which is a pretty rare color.

Last edited:
Back