• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

seats switches dont work anymore, what should i do??

this is what i really hate on my car. pissing me off too much. i like its everything except them.
driver seat, reclining wont work anymore.
passenger seat, cannot move forth/back.

should i buy new motors to repair or go aftermarket seats.

right now, it seems like i need at least 2 motors,and each motor cost 290 bucks. have not figured out labor yet. aftermarket seats go around 2000 for a pair.

is it possible that switch problem?

What year and how many miles on the car?

I think I might look for some other, simple solutions to your problems. I mean how often does a person adjust their seats? In my five years of ownership on this one, I adjusted the seats perhaps five times.:confused: Could be the motors are OK and there is some other reason they don't work.

I think I might look for some other, simple solutions to your problems. I mean how often does a person adjust their seats? In my five years of ownership on this one, I adjusted the seats perhaps five times.:confused: Could be the motors are OK and there is some other reason they don't work.

sounds like u recommend new seats.

2 of my switches work, and the other 2 wont.

i am the one who cannot tolerate dirty car, so i clean everything that i can in every two weeks. hate to see dirty interior. passenger seat preventing me to clean the area behind the seat. :mad:

i'd think it pretty unlikely for both seats, both functions, to go out. I'm guessing you can save your angst for when something really breaks, and check the fuses or in line breaker.

I think I might look for some other, simple solutions to your problems...Could be the motors are OK and there is some other reason they don't work.

Maybe with all that cleaning you have loosened the wiring connections. Check wiring underneath seats for loose connections. :confused:

Take the seats out one at a time and inspect all the wiring, etc for loose connections. It might even be possible (not sure) to temporarily swap the seats from one side to another if you need to have one seat out and still drive the car.

If it will make you feel better, you can come over and clean my car.:smile:

Last edited:
I have had these motors fail occasionally, but I would check fuses first. There is a fuse for each motor, recline and position, for each seat. So there are four separate fuses.

HTH,
LarryB

I slide my driver's seat forward and back every time I get in and out of the car.

I slide the passenger's seat forward and back every time I pack and unpack my track tires and gear in the car.

FWIW, none of my fuses or motors have ever failed.

I've read your posts regarding how you can pack more things in the NSX than most people can pack in a small motor home when going to the track.

As a matter of curosity, why do you move your seat back and forth when you enter and exit the vehicle? It's ironic, but we had a gathering of owners today and we were discussing how we get into and out of our cars. (Does that sound boring or what?) No one mentiond moving the seat back and forth.

you can pack more things in the NSX than most people can pack in a small motor home when going to the track.
Yes, this many:

Packnsx.jpg

As a matter of curosity, why do you move your seat back and forth when you enter and exit the vehicle? It's ironic, but we had a gathering of owners today and we were discussing how we get into and out of our cars. (Does that sound boring or what?) No one mentiond moving the seat back and forth.
I always do. It makes it easier to get into and out of the car, by providing more room. I suspect it also preserves the leather on the side bolster by not having to slide over it during entrance/egress (although I suppose it uses the seat motor more - again, though, no problems so far).

yes, this many:

packnsx.jpg

i always do. It makes it easier to get into and out of the car, by providing more room. I suspect it also preserves the leather on the side bolster by not having to slide over it during entrance/egress (although i suppose it uses the seat motor more - again, though, no problems so far).

rofl.

If you are still having "seat control" issues. I may have some components that will resolve your problems without spending the money for new controls.

Over the years I have experimented with a few different seats in my cars and found that the factory seats are the best overall package, unless the car is dedicated for exclusive track use.

I have an extra (complete spare set of seats) and an extra set of seats that are disassebled......the controls and seat rail actuators work normally.

Lynn

Back