• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Semi-failed at bypassing ABS

So my local O'Reileys doesn't carry the jumper wire needed.

I bought a 1/8th spade with 18 gauge wire and made my own.
(Got class in a minute, will update with pix later to show if I connected it right)

When at idle, the ABS and TCS lights are off.
Once driven I can slightly hear the "fan-like" noise, but not as loud as before.
In a few seconds the lights come on again.

I don't what the spade is all about but to disable abs you pull the clock fuse from the front fuse box or drive around for (I think) 15 seconds with the parking brake engaged.

I don't what the spade is all about but to disable abs you pull the clock fuse from the front fuse box or drive around for (I think) 15 seconds with the parking brake engaged.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Abs

To bypass a non-functioning ABS system without throwing codes or warning lights is to simply short the pressure sensor connector (57390-SM4-003 001 SWITCH ASSY., PRESSURE) will cause the ABS system to show OK. The pressure sensor connector is the orange one underneath brake master cylinder, separate and use a jumper wire to short the connection that comes from the bulkhead. Pulling fuses, relays from the ABS will throw warning lights and also cause the TCS not to function.

Did you jump the pressure switch or the chassis side of the harness? If you are still getting a pump cycling and ABS fail lights you haven't jumped the correct side of the connector.

The best place to get the correct blade spades is from a salvage yard. Every Honda and Acura use this type connector. Take a set of side cutters with you and clip one off. You are looking for a connector with MALE ENDS. Solder two of them together, push in the connector, cover with a small plastic bag, zip tie the open end and attach it so water doesn't fill the bag. I'm sure I've written a thread or replied to this question before. Check my posts.

If you want to wait a couple weeks I'll send you one when I get home from Colombia. Send me a PM with your address. I know I have one on my work bench.
Brad

Last edited:
First picture shows the orange connector underneath the brake master (circled in red)... I have already unplugged the other end of it. Unplugging it was a pain, had to take off the bolt that secures the little bracket that holds the connector so I could move it around and get a pliers on one side while I wiggled the other.
IMG_20150523_103256466.jpg
Anyways, in the picture below you will see the chassis side of the connector already with a red jump wire in it. If anyone is confused the connector with the yellow & black wire is what you have to jump.
Using a connector would certainly be better, but this shows the idea. Works.
IMG_20150523_103321524.jpg

Thanks Tangoman for the pictures! I'm going to do this tonight.

Back