• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Senna to Sign Up with Honda

The Honda Racing F1 Team will be making an announcement that the team will be going ahead with the sign up of Bruno Senna along with Jenson Button

Bruno Senna Lalli (born October 15, 1983 in São Paulo) is a Brazilian racecar driver and the nephew of late three-time Formula One world champion Ayrton Senna. His mother is Ayrton's sister, Viviane. His father died in a motorcycle crash in 1995.
When leaving McLaren at the end of 1993, Ayrton Senna had said: "If you think I'm good, just wait until you see my nephew Bruno". Bruno raced go-karts against Ayrton on the family farm, and it was clear that Ayrton regarded his nephew's potential very highly.

Interesting, but if that article is true. I wonder how will Honda be involved now? :confused: At the end it states that the engine might be supplied by McLaren Mbz.

Either way good for JB and BS if it happens.

Ross wrote a memo to the team telling them to prepare for Australia. That's good news, and bad. How far behind the curve are they at this point? It seems Honda is always playing catch-up. Pun intended.

Ross wrote a memo to the team telling them to prepare for Australia. That's good news, and bad. How far behind the curve are they at this point? It seems Honda is always playing catch-up. Pun intended.

There is limited testings allowed this year for every team, since Honda did not rack up any miles, they still haven't used their hours yet. They probably spend lots of time in the wind tunnel. If you followed the news closely, most of the tests being done so far with other teams, most of them ended in disaster caused by the weather. This could be a blessing in disguise.

The speculation so far: the management group (Ross Brown and Nick Fry) will have money from investors, sponsor from drivers (I'm assuming Senna), possibly the Virgin group, and "Honda." When Honda was mentioned, they may have changed their mind and continue the engine supply, since there is an Engine design freeze and cost to built the engines can be projected (rumor to be about $10 million per season, can be built in Japan, which is far less than $400 mill.

So if Honda will continue to supply the engine, only a shake down is required. If they have to use MB engines, they will have to modify the chassis, which will altered the aerodynamic of the car.

Regardless, I have faith in Ross Brown, he brought Beneton and Ferrari 7 driver's championships and 8 constructor's championship.

Last edited:
Honda F1 would be perfect if:

1. Management Group aka. Nick Fry and Ross Braun buy Honda F1
2. Sign Bruno Senna and have Danica Patrick as test driver

Even though they are behind the curve at present to the other teams I firmly believe in RB to deliver an outstanding car. Work has always continued on the development of the new car - just not any testing time.

Danica Patrick as test driver

the only thing Danica could offer to F1 is ALL the sponsorship money she brings to the table. she funds a good portion of the team she is with now, that is what keeps her there. can she even race a road course? she would fail miserably over there. if anyone, put Marco in the test seat.

the only thing Danica could offer to F1 is ALL the sponsorship money she brings to the table. she funds a good portion of the team she is with now, that is what keeps her there. can she even race a road course? she would fail miserably over there. if anyone, put Marco in the test seat.

She will not bring in nearly as much money as "real" drivers will do. People like Bruno Senna will bring $30-50 million minimum from sponsors. I doublt Go Daddy will have that kind of dole.

Under Honda ownership, she may have a chance or two to test the car. Since Honda is no more, what ever sponsorship she have will not even cover a month worth of operation at the team's expense of her lack of ability to perform.

She will never drive in F1, at least a real F1 team.

She will not bring in nearly as much money as "real" drivers will do. People like Bruno Senna will bring $30-50 million minimum from sponsors. I doublt Go Daddy will have that kind of dole.

Under Honda ownership, she may have a chance or two to test the car. Since Honda is no more, what ever sponsorship she have will not even cover a month worth of operation at the team's expense of her lack of ability to perform.

She will never drive in F1, at least a real F1 team.

Im not saying she can bring F1 money, I am saying she brings a good portion of the money that funds Andretti Green racing and their stable of cars. Im not saying she is a real driver either. Without the money she brings to support that team, she wouldn't even be racing (at this level). If she was not female, and had no backing, she would be in the same place as the Sarah Fishers and Katherine Leggs of this racing world.

Im not saying she can bring F1 money, I am saying she brings a good portion of the money that funds Andretti Green racing and their stable of cars. Im not saying she is a real driver either. Without the money she brings to support that team, she wouldn't even be racing (at this level). If she was not female, and had no backing, she would be in the same place as the Sarah Fishers and Katherine Leggs of this racing world.

I think she has plenty of talent as a woman driver, but if she does have a chance in F1, she will be like a girl playing in men's Pro tennis or NFL.

I'm not objecting to the idea of her driving in F1, I think it will bring some interesting result if she can hang, it would be unrealistic to think that F1 will accept her nothing more than bring her IRL talent to a sport that will most likely out of her league just to satisfy our desire to see a decently pretty girl in the sport.

So you are saying that all the drivers in the IRL finished under her are not real racers and not worth racing in the league???:confused::confused:
Give respect where it's due. I bet she can out drive anyone on here, and I mean anyone!
Ignorance is worst than recession.

So you are saying that all the drivers in the IRL finished under her are not real racers and not worth racing in the league???:confused::confused:
Give respect where it's due. I bet she can out drive anyone on here, and I mean anyone!
Ignorance is worst than recession.

Don't we have some real diehard track junkies on here? I'm sure they would give Danica a run for her money, specially going around a track in circles. :biggrin:

Don't we have some real diehard track junkies on here? I'm sure they would give Danica a run for her money, specially going around a track in circles. :biggrin:

Don't forget that Danica used to race road course in Europe. It's a whole different ball game for any "die hard" club racer to go against a pro. They are just "die hard" and NOT at pro level. Or else they would have been scooped up by someone already. Reality is reality, you can't deny the fact!
Finished 6th out of 48 drivers for 2008 is not bad:rolleyes:eek: Look at who all those drivers below her:eek:

http://www.indycar.com/stats/points.php?year=2008

Back