• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Series 2 Super GT Mirror and NSXPO Pre-Launch Video

I wanted to pass along a quick update on the mirrors and our production schedule.

The Series 2 Super GT Mirrors include all the same features the original mirrors did... solid carbon fiber housing and base, break-away feature, Plug-and-play power mirror.. but also include a built in turn signal. The turn signal took quite a bit of development. As you may be aware, there is no wiring in the door for a turn signal in an NSX. Instead of going the "easy" route and chase wires in the door, we decided to do a more elegant and install friendly option. The Series 2 Super GT Mirror uses a high frequency wireless signal to operate the turn signal feature. The signal originates from our interrupt module that is installed in the trunk of your NSX. This module uses all oem plugs and is direct plug and play. As for the receiver units, they were originally designed into the mirror housings but upon testing, we notice an issue with the carbon fiber housings blocking the signals. Carbon fiber is a wonderful structural material but not so good with allowing radio frequencies to pass through it. The receiver units are now a separate module that will mount in the door. They are easily mounted and are fairly small (about the size of a deck of cards). The receiver units ground to the door and grab power from the door speaker plug. Very easy to install. Only 1 wire (and the ground) in each door.

These mirrors have been in development for about a year. While testing the electronics we noticed a slight "lag" in the mirror turn signal as compared to the car itself. The duration was good, just the trigger point was milliseconds off. Being a bit ADD, I told myself that I would not release the mirrors until I was able to tighten that lag to nothing. However, the nature of the wireless transmit-receive was always going to be lagging slightly. I've even seen many new high end European luxury brand cars that must use a multiple flasher relay system have blink speeds and durations that don't match. Either way, we improved the speed with adding high gain antennas to the system as well as changing the electronics so they would create a connection session further tightening up the blink speed. The only trade off off the session is that the mirror signals will not work both at the same time.

The end result of our development is, what I believe to be, the best part we can produce. Each mirror set will be serial numbered and build to order.

Also, If you do not have a digital or non-resistant base signal flasher relay in your car already. That is required. We will provide one as part of the cost of the mirrors. Our relay is a modified OEM relay that will plug right in to replace the original one. We only ask that you send us your old relay so we can modify it and make that available to others.

SER-2_Super_GT_Mirror.jpg

As for production, we will be developing some new tooling using our original molds so we can go from making 1 set at a time to doing 3 sets. This will make the manufacturing and distribution much more efficient. This tooling process will take 2-3 weeks and will start next week 9/18. We expect the molds to be ready the week of of Oct 9th. From there, We should be able to have 3 sets ready every 3 weeks. As the originals were, the finishes are selected by the customer. Most weave patterns will be available as well as Matte, Gloss and smoked finishes. They are build to order. We will not be taking deposits, They will be paid for when they are ready to ship. If you require a very unique weave and/or finish, we may require a 50% down payment upon the start of construction.

We will use this thread as the official list.
Please organize your amendments to the thread accordingly.

I will update the thread as we progress and contact each customer before construction of their mirrors for their requirements.
Price on the mirrors will be $2499.00

We will not be limiting production to an exact number. However, only so many can be made in a certain amount of time. If anyone decides during production of their mirrors that they would like to "pass" on their place in line. Please let us know so we can make them available to the next person. We want to be as fair as we can. It appears there going to be a substantial back log initially.

Thank you
Jeff

Last edited:
Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks

Awesome work Jeff and Carbon 6! I'm on the list already in the thread, and ready to go as soon as you contact me for details! :smile:

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2) NSXTC-MN

Can't wait to get these. Will these work with led tailights? The blinker relay needs to be modified to work with the led turn signals also.

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2) NSXTC-MN
3) V-TECPWR

Awesome work Jeff and Carbon 6! I'm on the list already in the thread, and ready to go as soon as you contact me for details! :smile:

Yes, the modified relay we provide will work with any combination of LED and standard bulbs. It basically removes the "fast blink" issue completely.

Last edited:
So stoked you're making these again. Best nsx part I have ever seen.

One more question for you. You said we would be tapping off of the power wire from the door speaker. What if we are running an aftermarket sound system and have no power in the doors any more? Can I run power thru the door speaker wiring at the head unit of the factory stereo and tap into that? I'm currently using the power wires for the factory door amps to run my mids and tweets in the door. I'm just curious if the regular door speaker wire will run enough power for the turn signal boxes.

Based on previous posts, this is the actual list. Please quote this list and add your name going forward.
Also, now that the price is known, if anyone wants to be removed from the list, please quote the current list and re-number accordingly.

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2)pvmike
3) V-TECPWR
4)Wolpher
5) Always4Sale
6) timon1989
7) Avaspapa
8) Nero Tenebre
9) NSTC-MN
10) 91nsx85crx
11) gaymondleerpv
12)NSXRAY1
13) XTIME
14) Synth19
15) bzyrice
16) yoojeanKim
17) Blue Batmobile
18) Oacrep1
19) Wizard
20) -m-
21) JCPDS3
22) spriggan

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2)pvmike
3) V-TECPWR
4)Wolpher
5) Always4Sale
6) timon1989
7) Avaspapa
8) Nero Tenebre
9) NSTC-MN
10) 91nsx85crx
11) gaymondleerpv
12)NSXRAY1
13) XTIME
14) Synth19
15) bzyrice
16) yoojeanKim
17) Blue Batmobile
18) Oacrep1
19) Wizard
20) -m-
21) JCPDS3
22) spriggan
23) KO-nsx

Last edited:
I was gonna say, we forgot pvmike as number 2. Funds ready when you are Jeff. Been waiting for this day.

Based on previous posts, this is the actual list. Please quote this list and add your name going forward.
Also, now that the price is known, if anyone wants to be removed from the list, please quote the current list and re-number accordingly.

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2)pvmike
3) V-TECPWR
4)Wolpher
5) Always4Sale
6) timon1989
7) Avaspapa
8) Nero Tenebre
9) NSTC-MN
10) 91nsx85crx
11) gaymondleerpv
12)NSXRAY1
13) XTIME
14) Synth19
15) bzyrice
16) yoojeanKim
17) Blue Batmobile
18) Oacrep1
19) Wizard
20) -m-
21) JCPDS3
22) spriggan
23) KO-nsx

Thank you [MENTION=24416]Wizard[/MENTION] for correcting the list!

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2)pvmike
3) V-TECPWR
4)Wolpher
5) Always4Sale
6) timon1989
7) Avaspapa
8) Nero Tenebre
9) NSTC-MN
10) 91nsx85crx
11) gaymondleerpv
12)NSXRAY1
13) XTIME
14) Synth19
15) bzyrice
16) yoojeanKim
17) Blue Batmobile
18) Oacrep1
19) Wizard
20) -m-
21) JCPDS3
22) spriggan
23) KO-nsx
24) blackchromeNSX

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2)pvmike
3) V-TECPWR
4)Wolpher
5) Always4Sale
6) timon1989
7) Avaspapa
8) Nero Tenebre
9) NSTC-MN
10) 91nsx85crx
11) gaymondleerpv
12)NSXRAY1
13) XTIME
14) Synth19
15) bzyrice
16) yoojeanKim
17) Blue Batmobile
18) Oacrep1
19) Wizard
20) -m-
21) JCPDS3
22) spriggan
23) KO-nsx
24) blackchromeNSX
25) Gary W

Correcting my name in the #9 position. And just to reiterate what pvmike said, please be kind to remove your name from the list if you are no longer interested. It will certainly help Jeff/Carbon 6 out.

Gt mirror list:
1) Jinks
2)pvmike
3) V-TECPWR
4)Wolpher
5) Always4Sale
6) timon1989
7) Avaspapa
8) Nero Tenebre
9) NSXTC-MN
10) 91nsx85crx
11) gaymondleerpv