• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

'settleing' for a color?

hi, i've started my search for an 02-03 NSX and it seems like that isnt the easiest think to find.

i originally wanted white, but then i started looking for black because i could repaint it a custom color...now i've decided i dont want to deal with paint so i'm back to white...

White as im sure most of you know is pretty darn hard to find...

so my question to other members is who has 'settled' on a different color NSX then they originally wanted and been happy with it?

and for prospective owners, would you settle for a different color?

alternative colors im looking at are orange, yellow, blue, and red. i've seen red and blue nsx's in person and they look great. i guess a NSX pops out no matter what color it is...just not sure if it will be as satisfying...it seems like picking a color makes it so hard to shop for an nsx

Thanks

Man I am on the SAME boat as you...I want one so bad Ive thought about just any color would do. :confused:

I REALLY want Blue but I cant find the right one for sale. Next in line would be white but like u said...very hard to find. I own a yellow car right now so I kinda dont want to do yellow again but I would take one. I have a silver I am also looking at and pending a few things, i might get it.

I guess the right price to me is better then a color at this point to me. If money wasnt an issue...then I would wait it out and get my Blue! :frown:

When it comes to color I would say its easier to decide what color you DONT want. That way you are then focusing your efforts on finding the best NSX you can for your budget.

I decided I didn't want Red or Yellow and a preference for a dark color which I found.

Almost 3 yrs on and to be honest with you, both the Red and Yellow cars haev grown on me and if I were buying today I would simply be looking for the best available car

Happy hunting!

so much easier to find pre 02 NSX in just about any color...:frown:

Good advise tho!

What will happen is You will settle on a color you don't really like and as soon as you buy it, an NSX with everything u wanted in the color you want will come up for sale.

Just wait for the one you want. Its worth the wait. There out there you just have to be patient :biggrin:

Don't Settle..

I wanted a Black one with Red seats... Super Hard to find, Waited 10 months and then went with my second choice, Silver with Silver/black interior. I don't regret it too bad, but I would have been happier with my original Color Choice.

The post about choosing the colors you don't want is a great Idea, I knew I did not want to get Yellow, Red, White, Purple, Green, Orange. So that was the best way to narrow it down, but don't settle. Wait it out! One will come up!

Don't Settle..

I wanted a Black one with Red seats... Super Hard to find, Waited 10 months and then went with my second choice, Silver with Silver/black interior. I don't regret it too bad, but I would have been happier with my original Color Choice.

The post about choosing the colors you don't want is a great Idea, I knew I did not want to get Yellow, Red, White, Purple, Green, Orange. So that was the best way to narrow it down, but don't settle. Wait it out! One will come up!

Althought silver is way down on my "want list" my wife LOVES your car! She's wants me to get it!! lol

Hell yeah white is hard to find, its also what i want.. but as for now i gotta stay between my budget, so i dont really care what color...

Thanks for the advice guys.

i've pretty much narrowed it down to i know i dont want silver cause i already have a silver acura.

otherwise, there are so many tastefully modded NSX's in different colors that its hard to say i don't like a certain color....this makes it so tough! i want to just stick to white or black, but everytime another color 02-03 nsx pops up i just can't decide if its the one for me.

as for patients, i've waited a very long time for an NSX, and it's finnally time so its hard to be patient!

Man I am on the SAME boat as you...I want one so bad Ive thought about just any color would do. :confused:

I REALLY want Blue but I cant find the right one for sale. Next in line would be white but like u said...very hard to find. I own a yellow car right now so I kinda dont want to do yellow again but I would take one. I have a silver I am also looking at and pending a few things, i might get it.

I guess the right price to me is better then a color at this point to me. If money wasnt an issue...then I would wait it out and get my Blue! :frown:

well it you can settle for yellow then there are 2 forsale in the classifieds section right now :wink:

in fact, the NSX that The Kid is selling is why i posted this thread....the right year, right mileage, right location, right price...only problem is its yellow...i think yellow looks great, i just don't know if its THE color for me

Black is a tough color to keep looking its best.Owning a black car esp if you are in a 4 season climate will demand more care of the finish fyi.

Black is a tough color to keep looking its best.Owning a black car esp if you are in a 4 season climate will demand more care of the finish fyi.

yeah i know, but the nsx is gonna be a third vehicle so no rain or snow...black makes a color change down the road easier if i choose...and i enjoy washing and waxing my cars, and waxing a black car is alot more satisfying then wasing a silver car :biggrin:

Definitely don't settle or else you will always be thinking "what if?" My choices were Blue, Imola Orange, & White. I was willing to take any of those three if the right one came along. Hypothetically speaking, if all three came at the SAME time, then blue would have been my first choice, followed by white, and then imola orange. I actually like Imola more then white, but that would have been my second choice only because of the demand of white. I was on the fence about yellow and still am not sure I am a "yellow guy." All in all, glad I am happy with my choice of Imola.

Last edited:
well it you can settle for yellow then there are 2 forsale in the classifieds section right now :wink:

in fact, the NSX that The Kid is selling is why i posted this thread....the right year, right mileage, right location, right price...only problem is its yellow...i think yellow looks great, i just don't know if its THE color for me

Im trying to work a deal with the guy in Alt with the 03 yellow/yellow. He wants to sell before XMAS and being in the Air Force..I cant take leave until Mid Jan. :frown: I just cant. I made a offer and he replied with something and I made another offer and told him I'd give him a deposit of up to 15g's cash. If he doesnt go for it...it just wasnt ment and I'll keep looking :smile:

We'll see

There are some great colors for sale at the moment in the For Sale section:

Chitown's Silver
Imola Orange
Yellow's

All around the $50k mark which is stellar.

Just wait until you find the right one...its worth the wait. White is the new sportscar color so everyone wants it.:wink: The one issue you will find is that there were only 24 +02 models sold in the U.S. so its a rare color to find for sale.

Much like Imola (total of 49 cars made between 02 and 05) and IMO is da bomb!:biggrin:

Last edited:
My preferred colors were Black or Silver 97-01, but i could never find "the one" .... my DREAM color is the 02-05 Blue, that it's an amazing color, pictures don't justify how amazing that color is, i ended up with red since it was a perfect nsx and I am very happy, one color i would never get is yellow ..

In the end what matters is how good the deal is .... I waited for so long to find a silver and that car never came ...

Oscar

I would keep it to a top three color choice.

Finding the right car that is mechanically in good shape, year, mileage, price, etc is much more important than the color imo.

I'd take my 2nd choice in color for a superior car if it came down to it....unless you want to wait for a long time.

Besides, you really can't go wrong with ANY color!
:smile:

I believe in instant gratification. Quit looking and start driving. I've never seen the NSX Marketplace so flooded with cars for sale that are cheap cheap cheap.

I always worry about what if I had to repair or repaint a section of the car due to damage. How well would that color match? Especially if the color has some type of pearl or metallic flakes. It's very hard to match based on previous cars I've owned. Just my opinion.

This is a great point. I think you would HAVE to blend panels if you have one of the pearl colors. :(

I always worry about what if I had to repair or repaint a section of the car due to damage. How well would that color match? Especially if the color has some type of pearl or metallic flakes. It's very hard to match based on previous cars I've owned. Just my opinion.

To repaint a perfect NSX is a difficult, but again a "personal" choice, just like the color of the car you end up buying. Personally, I agree with those who suggest that you narrow it down to colors you'd be comfortable with, and those that you absolutely don't want to own. Condition, mileage, history are what sets the price, don't buy a color that you won't be happy with for the "long term". Be patient, as your newly elected President has recently stated, "it'll get worse before it gets better", means that better opportunities for you are down the road.

For me, I like loud color cars that can be seen a mile away. Yellow, blue, Imola and white.

Silver was too common among all other cars.

Blue was not on the market at the time and yellow was my 1st choice.

All I can say if you don't like attention don't get yellow nor white Ive had both but I can imagine Blue and Imola is the same.

Last edited:
It probably depends on *how much* you prefer white over blue or other colors. If it's a mild preference, you probably won't mind later on down the road. If it's what you REALLY want, then you'll always have a nagging thought about how your car isn't quite perfect. My $.02

I was originally looking for LBBP (blasphemy!) but later decided that, as much as I love that color, it would probably get old. Silverstone will always look great and classy, even in 20 years.

To be honest with you I love red as well! HOWEVER I have seen many many many red's on this forum and it seems like they all use the same painter and he cant get the red's to match! :redface: Also, Honda themselves couldnt paint a all red car and have it looking the same. All the plastic parts on red cars fade on Honda's...well documented problem. Pretty much all cars but it shows up on red the most

PS
My quest continues :(

Last edited:
Back