• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side air intake scoop removal

Bob

Registered Member
I am having my car repainted and the body guy asked me how to remove the side intake scoops. Does any one know how or have info on how to remove for repainting?
thank you

You may need to have someone help with the driverside it takes a long skinny arm to work it loose.

Hi all,

I'm having the toughest time removing the side scoops. Does the special nut turn counter-clockwise for removal?

I haven't tried the passenger side yet, but right now i have the rear driver's wheel liner and intake removed. Any tips?

thanks,
Steve

I am in the middle of this too. I cannot get a good grip on these darn flower shaped special nuts that Honda used. Recommendations?

I am in the middle of this too. I cannot get a good grip on these darn flower shaped special nuts that Honda used. Recommendations?

It took me a few hours of messing around with mine to get them off. I used an open ended wrench "I forget what size". I think for one of the flower nuts I stuck the wrench on with one hand, made sure it didn't move, then switched hands because the angles strange so only my one arm would fit that way, and then I moved them just enough to come off. They aren't on real tight.

Stephen

It took me a few hours of messing around with mine to get them off. I used an open ended wrench "I forget what size". I think for one of the flower nuts I stuck the wrench on with one hand, made sure it didn't move, then switched hands because the angles strange so only my one arm would fit that way, and then I moved them just enough to come off. They aren't on real tight.

Stephen

Okay, I just did that and it worked. Thanks! :smile:

reviving this from the dead, the links no longer work - where are the fasteners to remove the air scoops, I cant find them!

reviving this from the dead, the links no longer work - where are the fasteners to remove the air scoops, I cant find them!
There are two fasteners- it's a big aluminum nut (22mm). You will need a 22mm closed end wrench to loosen them. If it is factory-installed, it will be on there pretty tight. If you remove the side skirt, and rear wheel liner, you'll have pretty good access, but in either case it's a tight fit to get your arm in there. Once you undo the nuts, the scoop just lifts out.

scoop.jpg

Back