• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Skydivers?

Cruz Bay, St. John USVI & Sopers Hole, Tortola BVI
Hey yall, I was just wondering how many skydivers we have on here?

I have always wanted to go skydiving but never had anyone that would do it with me.
So I finally went last week with some co-workers and I have to say it was absolutly the most amazing thing I have ever done and I've done a few crazy things, drag racing, shark diving, and this takes the cake...I am a self proclaimed adrenaline junkie and I cant get enough, I am going again next week!

For anyone who has never done it, I seriously recomend jumping out of a perfectly good plane atleast once before you die, I feel like a different person since the jump, cant quite pinpoint why i feel different but it is awsome!

Hey yall, I was just wondering how many skydivers we have on here?

I have always wanted to go skydiving but never had anyone that would do it with me.
So I finally went last week with some co-workers and I have to say it was absolutly the most amazing thing I have ever done and I've done a few crazy things, drag racing, shark diving, and this takes the cake...I am a self proclaimed adrenaline junkie and I cant get enough, I am going again next week!

For anyone who has never done it, I seriously recomend jumping out of a perfectly good plane atleast once before you die, I feel like a different person since the jump, cant quite pinpoint why i feel different but it is awsome!
No way. Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

They found a dead Navy Seal at a local golf country club near here a few weeks ago - dead from a parachute jump. R.I.P. :frown:

No thanks.

ooohhhh come on....you can die from almost everything, we had 2 deaths here last month from people walking across the street that got hit, and we all still walk across the street right? gotta take a few chances in life and you may find you experience something amazing!! :tongue:

ooohhhh come on....you can die from almost everything, we had 2 deaths here last month from people walking across the street that got hit, and we all still walk across the street right? gotta take a few chances in life and you may find you experience something amazing!! :tongue:

Well, I almost experience near death trying to change my smoke detector battery tonight. That's my quota for the year. :tongue:

hahahaha oh my god, I almost died changing my smoke detector a couple months ago too!!! Mine is in the hallway right at the top of my stairs like over the actual top stair so I couldnt get the ladder right under it and I was at top of ladder leaning like all the way over and the ladder went over the edge of the stair! Wow....stupid so called " life saving" smoke detectors!!!! :biggrin:

i did a tandem a few years ago in miami and absolutely loved it

this past summer, i became obsessed with it again - there was a dropzone literally 2 minutes from my place, and i would always see people under their canopies on their way down. i saved up for the AFF classes, and right when i was ready to do it, the dropzone MOVED. the whole time i've lived here, it's been here..... and it moved, ONE WEEK before i was going to start classes, to a place about 2 hours from here.

either way, i drove the two hours each way pretty much every weekend (sometimes twice) to jump. did my level 4 before i stopped.... not because i didn't want to continue, but it was taking all my time and money just to go so far every week :frown: i wish they were still right here - i'd friggen go after work :cool:

92white0650 has gone ~4000 times, and he gave me a bunch of good advice for my AFF....
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92023&highlight=skydive

went tandem a few months back... :tongue:

here was their video they make of your first jump...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qgxlSB8XGU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qgxlSB8XGU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I have gone 5 times. One of the craziest thing i have ever done. grate experience. If you haven't done it and always wanted to do it. the ride up is the scariest you start to think am i really going to do this, will i freak out am i going to die then you stand up and walk to the door the say on the count of three 1..2......there was no three i was pissed there was no three by then your insides have caught up with the rest of your body and you feel like you have a big fan underneath you with gale force wind blowing on your hole body the 1st day i went it was slightly over cast so i was falling at a big wall of white it got cool and moist like a cold foggy day for like 3-4 seconds then all of a sudden when you fall out the bottom of the cloud you can see everything Christel clear then the parachute opens and it doesn't stop you dead in the air like i expected it gradually slows you down and it seemed like it took forever to open after that its dead silence floating around wee did some spins they were fun then they have you practice landing that's where you take the controls and stall the parachute you do this right before landing so you don't brake your legs what a blast that was your supposed to land on your but i ended landing on my feet my friend comes in and flares to soon floats in the air about 2-3 feet of the ground then drops it was Hilarius and we got it on film. so like i said if you haven't done it at least try it once.

I worked in the parachute manufacturing business for 2 years. That was enough to convince me to stay inside the perfectly good airplane. I did spend plenty of hours in a simulator, but its not the same.

Perhaps if the plane was going down, and I had a static line chute.:smile: I spent enough time with drunk quality assurance inspectors.

Miner

I worked in the parachute manufacturing business for 2 years. That was enough to convince me to stay inside the perfectly good airplane. I did spend plenty of hours in a simulator, but its not the same.

Perhaps if the plane was going down, and I had a static line chute.:smile: I spent enough time with drunk quality assurance inspectors.

Miner

lol - that's reassuring. :eek: which manufacturer?

Done a couple tandem jumps, went to AFF and did a couple of jumps there ... that was about it. Awesome stuff, I just didn't feel like investing the $$$ required to complete AFF and buy my own gear. Big $$$.

Re: Elsinore is DA PLACE !!!

Man! I just flew in from CA
You went all the way to Elsinore for a tandem? Wow, I would agree that John Hamilton and staff are the best, but all the way from NY? That's quite an endorsement.

So there you have it folks. Go to Elsinore for your tandem jump. Tell John Hamilton that the Rumin-8 team from the Northwest will be making our annual pilgrimage in about a month.

I did skydiving to combat a fear of heights. The way I figured it, the only way to really stop being nervous about heights was to go really high up (between 13,000 and 14,000 feet) and jump out of a plane with a handy parachute strapped to my back. Something about freefalling with the wind hitting you in your face, and then the perfect silence as you float down. Knowing that all that troubles you in the world is below you, and for once you are above it all. It turned out to be one of the best life experiences. A recent convesation with someone has me going again in about 3 or 4 weeks. The way I see it you can live your life scared of everything, or live your life loving your experiences. What good is a life where you are scared of everything anyway? At that point you are not really living.

Re: Elsinore is DA PLACE !!!

You went all the way to Elsinore for a tandem? Wow, I would agree that John Hamilton and staff are the best, but all the way from NY? That's quite an endorsement.

So there you have it folks. Go to Elsinore for your tandem jump. Tell John Hamilton that the Rumin-8 team from the Northwest will be making our annual pilgrimage in about a month.

Lol...I was in CA for business and decided to take some time for myself. Better I do it there than in the NE anyway. Its freaking cold here!

Re: Tandems 4 cheap

So there you have it folks. Go to Elsinore for your tandem jump.
Well, I better give equal time to my dropzone; The Parachute Center in Lodi, CA (yep, stuck in Lodi again). They do tandems for ............you ready for this?..........$100. :eek: I charged more than that 20 years ago.

Back