• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So....Is anyone interested in forming a formal NSXCA Chapter for the Bay Area?

Are we parking in the back parking lot as usual (next to the freeway)? Go pass Carino's to the end and turn to the right for those who are not familiar with Pacific Commons)?

a quick note to say "thanks" to carlos for organizing this event / accepting the role of president and that i enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and making new acquaintances. (of course, thanks, too, to tk for his "official" participation and suggestions wrt establishing the new chapter.)

seems to me we're off to a good start. i'll have my part of things up and running by the end of the coming week, so stay tuned for more details.

best,
hal

a quick note to say "thanks" to carlos for organizing this event / accepting the role of president and that i enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and making new acquaintances. (of course, thanks, too, to tk for his "official" participation and suggestions wrt establishing the new chapter.)

Go President Carlos!! I will have signs made up for the next meeting :p

It was good seeing everyone today. I'm glad that at least half of us drove our NSXs in the rain. :wink:

Otto
NSXCA_BAYAREA.JPG

It was a TERRIFIC turnout! It demonstrated the interest which I believed has always been here.

I'd like to send a special thanks to Hal, Jack & Yolanda, MikeC, James....and to those that stepped up and volunteered..!

AND A BIG THANKS TO TOM KOHRS he came all the way from from Grass Valley this morning... his input was invaluable!!

To the rest of you also for your input, recommendations and participation!

Those that weren't able to attend take note the next meeting is scheduled for Sunday February 24th in Los Altos..location to be determined. Batman will be coordinating those details with Yolanda.

Hope to see you all there!

FYI...James will be publishing the minutes of todays meeting. Stay tuned!

Congrats to you all, and especially to Carlos for having nurtured this interest into an NSXCA chapter/function.

We all look forward to holding joint events with you, and as always, anytime we can be of assistance do not hesitate to call on us.

Hrant
NSX-T 98
NSXCA Sacramento Chapter, Member #495
President and Director of Performance Driving

I'm sorry I couldn't be there today, and will try to be at the second meeting. I put in on my calendar in hopes that will keep other commitments off that date.

So did a name get chosen? Are we the Bay Area NSX Club, the Silicon Valley NSX Club, or what?

Chip

+1

What an awesome meeting today. More NSX's showed up than I thought 50%. Can't imagine what it would have been like if the sun was out.

It was nice meeting everyone for the first time, and some familiar ones too. You guys are all very down to earth people and I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. It was definitely worth the drive.

Tom, please keep us updated if were going to do IMSA again this summer at Laguna Seca?

I'm not sure who's car this is, but I really like the set of Prodrives on them. I always wanted that color rims "gunmetal"?
DSC01013.JPG

Last edited:
I'm sorry I couldn't be there today, and will try to be at the second meeting. I put in on my calendar in hopes that will keep other commitments off that date.

So did a name get chosen? Are we the Bay Area NSX Club, the Silicon Valley NSX Club, or what?

Chip

Hi Chip,
Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting..

We tossed around several ideas for a name but eventually settled on the "Bay Area" moniker. We felt it was succinct and inclusive of the entire region.

good first meet... can't wait for the next one.

big thanks to carlos (el presidente) and all the new club officals who volunteered. haha.

btw, happy birthday juejaimon. cute kid. =)

Carlos...ahhem (clearing throat) Mr. President :biggrin: Thanks for taking the lead in setting up the meeting which resulted in the formation of the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter.

I also want to thank everyone who came out to make this a successful meeting. I thought there was great interaction amongst the group today and I hope it continues. As Carlos said this is not a chapter that will function from the top down, it will be from the bottom up. It will take all of us to make the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter work.

Also, a special thanks to TK for making the trek down to the Bay Area. Your assistance was invaluable which help us take the first step in forming the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter.

I look forward to seeing all of you who made it today and for those who were unable to attend this meeting on the 24th of February.

Mike

Sorry coudn't make it there/

Since it's now a local chapter. I now want to be a member.
So where do i send my " NSXCA-BAYAREA " check?

.....Those that weren't able to attend take note the next meeting is scheduled for Sunday February 24th in Los Altos..location to be determined. Batmans will be coordinating those details with Yolanda.

Hope to see you all there!....

There are 2 places that I found so far in Los Altos.

One in Downtown with a room that can house this group size. It's a Morrocan/Mediterranian fusion.

There is parking in the back where you have window view of the cars. Only concern is that ingress/egress has a dip that might not be NSX friendly. More on this later.

The other place was my original thought was:

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

It's a breakfast/lunch place that opens from 7 and closes at 4pm.

This is in the same parking lot of the infamous 100 octane race gas at VP Racing.

Ingress/Egress is friendly for lowered NSX ( I think I have the lowest one in the group) since the parking lot and roads have continuous asphault running in and out, no concrete sidewalks with elevation.

You may see other exotics there too since it's Los Altos.

Sorry couldn't make it, was called in to work someone called in sick on SUPERBOWL Sunday, what a suprise:mad: Glad it was a good turn out. I knew Carlos,Bill would have it in controll and to a good start. Looking foward to the next meet.

Hi Chip,
Look forward to seeing you at the next meeting..

We tossed around several ideas for a name but eventually settled on the "Bay Area" moniker. We felt it was succinct and inclusive of the entire region.

Good name. I also like the Los Altos location choice. It is a nice central location.

Should I just join NSXCA-BayArea at the next meeting, or can I send my details to someone in order to join online?

Thanks!
Chip

Congrats on having a good meeting. Looking forward to going to events organized by the NSXCA Bay Area Chapter. :smile:

And Tom, you drove down from Grass Valley!! Folks, be sure to thank Tom for doing that. I drove through Grass Valley last night to go to a play in Nevada City and it was snowing. So, if Tom drove down from Grass Valley Saturday morning, he braved the snow that fell in the last couple of days to meet with you guys. :smile:

Good name. I also like the Los Altos location choice. It is a nice central location.

Should I just join NSXCA-BayArea at the next meeting, or can I send my details to someone in order to join online?

Thanks!
Chip

Hi Chip,

If you are NSXCA member you have nothing to worry about. Yolanda "yojack1" is acting as Secretary you can send her a PM with your Name, Prime "handle", City, Email and NSXCA member number.

If not I encourage you to go o their website and sign up.

See you at the next meeting!!

Thanks,

Carlos

Last edited:
I just talked to the manager at Brian's and he has hosted the Corvette and Porsche clubs at different times.

He can seat up to 30 people in a row by connecting the various tables together.

Do we have a confirmation for noon on the 24th of Feb?

Should I book it?

Please Do!!

uhg......i will be out of town again..........I may never make a meeting.......sheesh

where are those minutes??

Last edited:
Hi Chip,

If you are NSXCA member you have nothing to worry about. Yolanda "yojack1" is acting as Secretary you can send her a PM with your Name, Prime "handle", City, Email and NSXCA member number.

If not I encourage you to go o their website and sign up.

See you at the next meeting!!

Thanks,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos. I PM'd her. (Yes, I have been an NSXCA member for years, and intend to remain one as long as I own my NSX -- which should be a long time.)

Last edited:
Next Meeting:

Sunday February 24th Noon

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

We had a great turnout for the first meeting. I hope to keep the momentum going!!

There are several items that are in a development stage now, your input and participation are key now! Please make every effort to attend.
An agenda will be distributed before the next meeting.

Confirmation List:
1.BATMANs
2.Racer-ex
3.NSFRBLX

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

Next Meeting:

Sunday February 24th Noon

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

We had a great turnout for the first meeting. I hope to keep the momentum going!!

There are several items that are in a development stage now, your input and participation are key now! Please make every effort to attend.
An agenda will be distributed before the next meeting.

Confirmation List:
1.BATMANs
2.Racer-ex
3.NSFRBLX
4.calexand (Chip)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

Also, I had some ideas for a logo for our new chapter, and put this together. I am not really a graphic artist, but think this is a good start. I thought we could use this (or a cleaned up one if someone is more artistic than me) for things like shirts and hats. Tell me if you all like it. You can click it for a slightly larger version. Chip

Attachments

• NSXCA-BayArea-Logo.gif
    NSXCA-BayArea-Logo.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back