• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So....Is anyone interested in forming a formal NSXCA Chapter for the Bay Area?

It is great to see this enthusiasm for a new chapter move into a discussion of a distinctive logo. You can actually use Acura's and the NSX font for the letters too.

Since we offer customized apparel with a full graphic art department, I would be happy to offer the Bay Chapter options for silk screening or embroidery by waving the costs of silk-screens/photos or digitizing the logo for embroidery. But first you have to agree on a logo, and the silk screen and embroidery do not need to be the same :biggrin:

By the way, the Golden Gate bridge is a classic among many Bay area car clubs :smile:

Next Meeting:

Sunday February 24th Noon

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

We had a great turnout for the first meeting. I hope to keep the momentum going!!

There are several items that are in a development stage now, your input and participation are key now! Please make every effort to attend.
An agenda will be distributed before the next meeting.

Confirmation List:
1.BATMANs
2.Racer-ex
3.NSFRBLX
4.calexand (Chip)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim
2.CiaoBoy (I can make Saturday, 2/23 though.)

In general, Sundays are not as free as Saturdays for me. How about everyone else?

-CiaoBoy

Also, I had some ideas for a logo for our new chapter, and put this together. I am not really a graphic artist, but think this is a good start. I thought we could use this (or a cleaned up one if someone is more artistic than me) for things like shirts and hats. Tell me if you all like it. You can click it for a slightly larger version. Chip

You picked the best color combo Red w/ Blk top for the logo. (J/K) :smile:

As of the date of meeting, I'll try to make it. I'll check my schedule.

Brian's in Los Altos is just a couple of miles from my brothers house.

Last edited:
I know we discussed a lot and that many of you may be looking forward to seeing the minutes from the meeting. Well, I'm here to tell you all that I finally have some seat time at my computer and I'm currently reviewing my "notes". I'll post them up soon, hopefully before I go to bed tonight (there's more than 40 minutes of my "notes").

J

Also, I had some ideas for a logo for our new chapter, and put this together. I am not really a graphic artist, but think this is a good start. I thought we could use this (or a cleaned up one if someone is more artistic than me) for things like shirts and hats. Tell me if you all like it. You can click it for a slightly larger version. Chip

Hi Chip,

The logo discussion is something we can certainly add to the next agenda.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Minutes from the meeting... enjoy!

Officer selections (sorry, I don't know everyone's last names)
• President – Carlos (our fearless leader)
• Vice President – Mike Cruz
• Secretary / POC for national club (/ Treasurer?) – Yolanda
• Event coordination committee – Jack and Yolanda, Danny

Treasury – we will keep our funds in the national account which is managed by the national treasurer (Ken Sax)
• Chapter treasurer simply keeps track of our running balance
• Creating and maintaining our own bank account makes it more difficult to manage (“who’s got the checkbook?” and “where did I leave the checkbook?” type of situations) and also creates need to manage “tax stuff”
• Checks from the national account for our chapter can typically be cut in two days from when we request it from Mr. Sax
• Any income we might generate gets deposited into the national account (by sending a check to the national treasurer)
• Once/if we start to generate our own income, we can re-visit this issue and decide if it makes sense to open and maintain our own funds and account(s)

Discussion about dues disbursement
• Of the $40 in a member’s yearly dues, $5 goes to their local chapter
• If no local chapter, to their local region

Term lengths – one year
• Most other chapters do annual elections
• Sacramento started with 1-year terms then tried 2-year but went back to 1-year (mostly really just re-electing the incumbent if he/she still wants the job and the members are still satisfied with the incumbent)
• It was suggested that yearly nomination/election processes may be part of what keeps members’ interested in the club
• Yearly also allows an officer who no longer wants the job or can no longer dedicate the time for the job to drop out if needed

Where everybody knows your name…
• Hal volunteered to set up a Yahoo! group (or similar) dedicated to the new chapter
• Nathan will be assistant/backup admin
• Local events and discussions that we feel may not be appropriate for posting on the regional section of Prime can be hosted here
• Live document sharing
• Calendar sharing (mostly for ad-hoc stuff like “I’m taking the NSX to Jack London Square tonight if anyone wants to meet up”, which may be too specific for even the NorCal section in Prime)

Miscellaneous
• This chapter is for and run by the members, not the officers
• James Ubarro to author (plagiarize) our chapter’s charter
• Brief discussion about becoming a “force” in our community by donating in some way to local, agreed-upon charities
• Event ideas: coffee meets, indoor karting, drives, shows, others (suggestions)
• Tom suggested we have one person responsible for arranging time/date for our standing meetings or we run the risk of never being able to decide on any time/date
• Inclusion to chapter will be based on your zip code
• Hal needs the member info list to create user accounts – Tom will send comma-delimited file to Hal
• Next meeting Feb 24th
• Alan to determine location for next meeting

For next meeting:
• Discuss schedule for monthly standing meetings
• Chapter logo design
• Review / vote on approval of chapter charter (which will be published to the online site set up by Hal)

Please, if anyone remembers something that should have been included but I didn't, or if I noted something incorrectly, let me know and I'll update this post.

J

May I suggest that we create a new post for the next meeting? It might be more manageable for everyone. Also, can the new post be a sticky at the top of the posts for the Northwest section?

Next Meeting:

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

We had a great turnout for the first meeting. I hope to keep the momentum going!!

There are several items that are in a development stage now, your input and participation are key now! Please make every effort to attend.

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
5. MikeC_587 (Mike) Daly City

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
6.BlurryNSX (Danny)Fremont yay for sunday meetings!!!:biggrin:

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
6.BlurryNSX (Danny)Fremont yay for sunday meetings!!!

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim
3.02#154 (I have tentative vacation plans but if they fall through I'll change my status here)

Treasury – we will keep our funds in the national account which is managed by the national treasurer (Ken Sax)
• Creating and maintaining our own bank account makes it more difficult to manage (“who’s got the checkbook?” and “where did I leave the checkbook?” type of situations) and also creates need to manage “tax stuff”
• Checks from the national account for our chapter can typically be cut in two days from when we request it from Mr. Sax
• Any income we might generate gets deposited into the national account (by sending a check to the national treasurer)
• Once/if we start to generate our own income, we can re-visit this issue and decide if it makes sense to open and maintain our own funds and account(s)

Term lengths – one year
• Sacramento started with 1-year terms then tried 2-year but went back to 1-year (mostly really just re-electing the incumbent if he/she still wants the job and the members are still satisfied with the incumbent)
• It was suggested that yearly nomination/election processes may be part of what keeps members’ interested in the club
• Yearly also allows an officer who no longer wants the job or can no longer dedicate the time for the job to drop out if needed

• Hal volunteered to set up a Yahoo! group (or similar) dedicated to the new chapter
• Local events and discussions that we feel may not be appropriate for posting on the regional section of Prime can be hosted here
• Live document sharing
• Calendar sharing (mostly for ad-hoc stuff like “I’m taking the NSX to Jack London Square tonight if anyone wants to meet up”, which may be too specific for even the NorCal section in Prime)

Miscellaneous
• Brief discussion about becoming a “force” in our community by donating in some way to local, agreed-upon charities
• Event ideas: coffee meets, indoor karting, drives, shows, others (suggestions)
• Tom suggested we have one person responsible for arranging time/date for our standing meetings or we run the risk of never being able to decide on any time/date
• Hal needs the member info list to create user accounts – Tom will send comma-delimited file to Hal
• Next meeting Feb 24th

For next meeting:
• Chapter logo design
• Review / vote on approval of chapter charter (which will be published to the online site set up by Hal)

Please, if anyone remembers something that should have been included but I didn't, or if I noted something incorrectly, let me know and I'll update this post.

J

James great job!

Thank you!

Term lengths – one year

• Live document sharing

Miscellaneous
• Next meeting Feb 24th

For next meeting:
• Chapter logo design

J

Thanks for taking the time to put the minutes together J! It almost feels like I was there! :smile:

I am concerned about this point from the minutes:

"Inclusion to chapter will be based on your zip code"

I thought where you lived was not going to be an issue (as long as you lived in the "General Bay Area") but perhaps it is. Can I get further clarification on this and/or a list of Zip Codes to see if I will be excluded based on mine.

I am concerned about this point from the minutes:

"Inclusion to chapter will be based on your zip code"

I thought where you lived was not going to be an issue (as long as you lived in the "General Bay Area") but perhaps it is. Can I get further clarification on this and/or a list of Zip Codes to see if I will be excluded based on mine.

Let me see if I can clarify this point...::smile:

5 dollars of your annual membership goes to your NW Regional Treasury to subsidize events and such.

If you reside in an area that has a chapter then those 5 dollars are redirected to that chapters treasury instead of the Regional Treasury.

If you attend a NSXCA event and they subsidize part of that event. The NSXCA will ask your Chapter for reimbursement. (Since they had credited that money to the Chapter)

The reason we are using zip codes is to draw the line in the sand..... assign those funds($5per member) residing in that geographical area to that particular Chapter.

Any member can request the NSXCA to assign them to a Chapter of their liking. So, in your case if you want to belong to the BA Chapter all you need to do is request that in writing (email) to the NSXCA Board. It really is only for accounting purposes.

On more point.
We haven't officially been recognized by the NSXCA as a Chapter. As of yet!
This is the process that is underway currently.

This is a great example why I think it is important for anyone wanting to participate to come to the meetings.
To have these types of questions explained and to hear their considerations. And have a good time!!

Hope this helped.

Carlos

BUMP

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim
3.02#154 (I have tentative vacation plans but if they fall through I'll change my status here)

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
7.Queenlives (hal)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

Let me see if I can clarify this point...::smile:

5 dollars of your annual membership goes to your NW Regional Treasury to subsidize events and such.

If you reside in an area that has a chapter then those 5 dollars are redirected to that chapters treasury instead of the Regional Treasury.

If you attend a NSXCA event and they subsidize part of that event. The NSXCA will ask your Chapter for reimbursement. (Since they had credited that money to the Chapter)

The reason we are using zip codes is to draw the line in the sand..... assign those funds($5per member) residing in that geographical area to that particular Chapter.

Any member can request the NSXCA to assign them to a Chapter of their liking. So, in your case if you want to belong to the BA Chapter all you need to do is request that in writing (email) to the NSXCA Board. It really is only for accounting purposes.

On more point.
We haven't officially been recognized by the NSXCA as a Chapter. As of yet!
This is the process that is underway currently.

This is a great example why I think it is important for anyone wanting to participate to come to the meetings.
To have these types of questions explained and to hear their considerations. And have a good time!!

Hope this helped.

Carlos

Carlos,

Thank you for the explanation, it was helpful.

Hope this helped.

Carlos

I whole heartedly agree with this but in my case I travel constantly on business (member of the 1K club with United for those in the know) and my schedule is planned much further than 1 month out. As much as I would have loved to come to the last meeting and the next, my job is a much higher priority........

Please dont think any less of those that can't make these meetings.....I'm sure we all have very good reasons why we cannot make the meeting for whatever reason. And I would much rather be having a good time with my fellow NSX brothers/sisters than working.........

Thanks again for the information and for stepping up to be the chapter President.

PS....I'm all for video conferencing if you can swing it......:biggrin:

Brian's
680 Los Altos Rancho
Los Altos, CA 94024
(650) 941-0680

Map

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
7.Queenlives (hal)
8. Whatisreal7 (Allen)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

I whole heartedly agree with this but in my case I travel constantly on business (member of the 1K club with United for those in the know) and my schedule is planned much further than 1 month out. As much as I would have loved to come to the last meeting and the next, my job is a much higher priority........

Please dont think any less of those that can't make these meetings.....I'm sure we all have very good reasons why we cannot make the meeting for whatever reason. And I would much rather be having a good time with my fellow NSX brothers/sisters than working.........

Thanks again for the information and for stepping up to be the chapter President.

PS....I'm all for video conferencing if you can swing it......:biggrin:

I certainly relate to your priorities.

We are in the "infancy" stage of the process and getting as many to participate is key right now. That all I meant by my comments..

We did bring up the possibility of video conferencing but it was rejected by those in attendance. The reason cited was "getting together" sharing comradeship was the primary reason to participate. If you miss a monthly meeting and would like to know what business was discussed there will be meeting minutes available for review.

I will make the next meeting!

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
7.Queenlives (hal)
8. Whatisreal7 (Allen)
9.s4play (Rick) will be there in my GT3 most likely....

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim

Re: I will make the next meeting!

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
7.Queenlives (hal)
8. Whatisreal7 (Allen)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim
4.Jimbonuttz Dang it! I have a S. Lake Tahoe cabin trip on Feb22-24th

Re: I will make the next meeting!

Confirmation List:
1. BATMANs
2. Racer-ex
3. NSFRBLX
4. calexand (Chip)
7.Queenlives (hal)
8. Whatisreal7 (Allen)

Can't make 2/24 Date
1.Dhalsim
4.Jimbonuttz Dang it! I have a S. Lake Tahoe cabin trip on Feb22-24th
5.NMYMIRR - I will also be in Lake Tahoe that weekend :frown:

Back