• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So, who's planning on buying the new NSX?

LOL... that's pretty much what I got out of that post too...

More people buy new NSX and real NSX price drops. I pick imola and white for price of one. CTSC white(NSX-R style), Turbo Imola and stock Red. Dream on...

You should post more. I completely agree with you.

i just dont like the idea of having 2 electric motors to power the wheels.........urgh!

Just wondering who is seriously considering buying the new NSX, and have put their name on a waiting list at their local dealer? I am about 90% sure I am going to pick one up. Assuming, of course, that Acura doesn't screw up and make the production version substantially different than the concept, and that the price tag remains around 120-130K, and that I can get one without a dealer markup (may have to wait a year or so before demand wanes).

Also, what do you plan to do with your current NSX? Keep or sell/trade in? While I would love to keep mine, the reality is that I don't really drive it much, and it would be hard to justify having 2 sports cars, let alone one.

I have had a paid deposit on one for over a year now, and will keep my current NSX no matter what the new car is like. My 1994 to me is the best of the NSX at it inception and purity. I usually am not one to buy new, but I have always wished that I was in a position to buy a new NSX during the early years, so now is my chance to get as close as possible to that experience by buying the new one. However, if the price gets too out of control I will have to bow out.

Mitch,
I, too, plan on acquiring a new one. For me, owning one new has been a goal for me; however, if the prices get way out-of-line (ie. tens of thousands over MSRP), I will wait a bit before nabbing a new one.
Right now the car is looking quite good and it seems to be evolving in the right direction. I hope the hybrid drivetrain doesn't turn an otherwise attractive car into an overpriced dud.

I put a deposit down about 9 months ago and think that I am 4th in line at my local dealer. I figure that the forgone interest on a refundable deposit is worthwhile if one is seriously considering purchasing one in the first year. I am hoping that a test drive in the new NSX will provide a comparable slam-dunk reaction to what I experienced about 21 years ago when I purchased my original 91. I have certainly never regretted purchasing that one in the introductory year.

Here's a few comments from the general manager at my local Acura dealership. He had just come back from some Acura gig in Arizona that the concept car was at. He referred to it as a 2015 that would likely be available around September of 2014 (even though from the looks of it the latest concept looks pretty refined). Between both dealerships here in Austin, there are around 17 people on the waiting list with a non-refundable deposit of $2,500. He also said that Honda has considered only building 500 cars per year, but would likely increase that if the number of deposits on hand exceed that number. There won't be any changes or new models offered in the first 3 years, after that a convertible version will be available. He also confirmed that the price should be between $100 and $130k.

Do you know the names of the Texas dealerships that accept deposits? Thanks.

My deposit is at David McDavid in North Austin. I think I'm around number 5 on their list. Sterling Acura says they have 12 or so on their list.

I wonder what the "snap ring" for the next gen NSX will be?
We saw what happened with the early GTR transmissions, it can be a gamble with the first batch of models some times, that's why I never married any ones first daughter, and never with out test driving first:biggrin:

I am - but my local dealers won't take a deposit!
Guess I have to trust they will call me when they change their mind, hopefully not after they have 2 years of allocation ahead of me.

I put a deposit down about 9 months ago and think that I am 4th in line at my local dealer. I figure that the forgone interest on a refundable deposit is worthwhile if one is seriously considering purchasing one in the first year. I am hoping that a test drive in the new NSX will provide a comparable slam-dunk reaction to what I experienced about 21 years ago when I purchased my original 91. I have certainly never regretted purchasing that one in the introductory year.

I've had my deposit down for about a year now and I believe I'm first in line at the same dealer.
I too have had no regrets buying my 91 new. I don't believe Honda will release the new car until it meets their standards.
No point in a high profile launch of the new NSX and then a high profile recall.

Jim

I've had my deposit down for about a year now and I believe I'm first in line at the same dealer.
I too have had no regrets buying my 91 new. I don't believe Honda will release the new car until it meets their standards.
No point in a high profile launch of the new NSX and then a high profile recall.

Jim

Jim, I am #4 at Leith Acura (host dealer for NSXPO 2013). According to Leith's General Manager, #1 called the day after the Superbowl commercial last year! Haven't decided about keeping my '99. Will be hard to part with it. But it's previous owner says he wants it back (purchased 7 years ago).

i live in longwood, fl (a suburb of orlando) and courtesy acura (888.436.2354) is 10 miles from my home. i spoke to the general manager a few months ago and they're taking $500 refundable deposits for the new nsx.
his only stipulation is you can't sell your spot in line for a profit. if you decide not to pursue the purchase, you get a refund and the next person below you moves up.
n.j. is quite a haul but if your funds are no good there, this could be an alternative.
hope this helps.

I'm waiting to decide on it. I think I'll be waiting for the car to be out for a few years before I bite. A convertible would be nice. If I jumped in year one, and a Type-R followed, I'd be pissed. I'm hopeful the special editions will be available over here as it's being built in Ohio.

I know I'll miss out on the events and special things that the first original owners will have available (like luggage, track events etc) but I'll chance it.

I'm waiting to decide on it. I think I'll be waiting for the car to be out for a few years before I bite. A convertible would be nice. If I jumped in year one, and a Type-R followed, I'd be pissed. I'm hopeful the special editions will be available over here as it's being built in Ohio.

I know I'll miss out on the events and special things that the first original owners will have available (like luggage, track events etc) but I'll chance it.

Sean
Another aspect that some readers forget is a few of us are getting on now.
I'm 65 now, so waiting for the car to be out for a few years is not as attractive an option as it may be for younger potential owners.
In my case getting one early before I need a walker or diapers is the only way. :)
Jim

Jim,

You have a Ducati and you're worried about the new car's user friendliness???
If so, perhaps there'll be a water repellant seat option!:tongue:

Well, it appears the price is likely jumping again to around $170,000. If that is accurate, that is well above what I can justify for the car. Dang it....well, I hope that either the price comes back down, or the rest of you guys allow us to live vicariously through you. When I got that call I was gutted.

Well, it appears the price is likely jumping again to around $170,000. If that is accurate, that is well above what I can justify for the car. Dang it....well, I hope that either the price comes back down, or the rest of you guys allow us to live vicariously through you. When I got that call I was gutted.

$170,000 is insane.

$170K??? where did you hear that.

Jim,

You have a Ducati and you're worried about the new car's user friendliness???
If so, perhaps there'll be a water repellant seat option!:tongue:

Alas the Ducati and the BMW will be sold within the next year.
Getting too old for the bikes and need to save money for the apparently rapidly increasing NSX price.

$170K??? You have to be kidding me. I'll buy the new Lotus Esprit for the targeted $120K (if I had the cash)

That would be a deal breaker for me as well. However, since the car is still a ways into the future, here's hoping that they can keep to the original goal of around $120-130k.

Back