• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal NSX Spring BBQ Sunday May 2nd

Gil,

I will be there with Korean BBQ and look forward to meeting you. I don't believe that we have ever met each other.

Thank you for the hospitality

Will be my pleasure! Gil

I'll bring some kind of meat to BBQ (Henry, are you bringing Kaibe again ?)

Mike,

Not so sure if I can make it...I have a baptism I have to go to in the afternoon...just in case I'll bring your favorite bbq..:wink:

Gil,

Thanks again for inviting everyone to your lovely home.. Always a great time spent with fellow nsx owners & friends!!!!

-Henry

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but so far all the weather reports I'm seeing is showing rain all next weekend. Of course, that could change 5 times before next weekend, so I have my fingers crossed that changes.

Must be global warming causing all the rain this year. :rolleyes:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but so far all the weather reports I'm seeing is showing rain all next weekend. Of course, that could change 5 times before next weekend, so I have my fingers crossed that changes.

Too early to be worried....Y'know how accurate the weather reports are :rolleyes:

:confused:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/92679
^ This forecast for Trabuco Canyon has it nice on Sunday at 67* with only a 10% chance of rain.

UPDATES
Karting-Scott and Ryan worked all day today for everyone, still some work to do but think this will work and think we're KARTING Sunday 5/2. My thanks to them for all the work for everyone to enjoy the thrill of speed. John and Si will throw there Karts into the mix also. NO RACING PLEASE, just fun fast "let it rip" fun is where we are, not side to side action. Test track=Have Fun. Please no more then that please. Release forms will be required if you want to drive the Karts.
WEATHER
All looks good right now, no issues.
FOOD REQUIRED
Give me till Thursday to see where we're short and I'll ask for help
FYI
Ryan and Scott ran the track today: I couldn't wipe the smiles off both faces! Gil
We'll see you all next Sunday at 1:00pm Gil

UPDATES
Karting-Scott and Ryan worked all day today for everyone, still some work to do but think this will work and think we're KARTING Sunday 5/2. My thanks to them for all the work for everyone to enjoy the thrill of speed. John and Si will throw there Karts into the mix also. NO RACING PLEASE, just fun fast "let it rip" fun is where we are, not side to side action. Test track=Have Fun. Please no more then that please. Release forms will be required if you want to drive the Karts.
WEATHER
All looks good right now, no issues.
FOOD REQUIRED
Give me till Thursday to see where we're short and I'll ask for help
FYI
Ryan and Scott ran the track today: I couldn't wipe the smiles off both faces! Gil
We'll see you all next Sunday at 1:00pm Gil
Gil, If I understand your code language (ha ha), what you are saying is that you've arranged for picnic goers to go karting on the private street that runs above your property (as long as they sign a release) ? Wow !!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Gil, If I understand your code language (ha ha), what you are saying is that you've arranged for picnic goers to go karting on the private street that runs above your property (as long as they sign a release) ? Wow !!!!!!!!!!:smile:[/QUO
Exactly correct! Bring you pen friends. See you Sunday! Gil

Ok I should be able to make it....what do you guys need?

Mike emailed me last week asking if we wanted to have this event again in 2010. Donna and I said we haven't got it quite right yet so let's keep trying! :wink:
I'll supply hot grill space (2), plates/bowls/set ups and ice cold coolers for drinks and food. You bring whatever you do better then anyone else on a BBQ please, please amaze us, plus salads, drinks, deserts, snacks; Bring your best stuff! :biggrin: Lots of good safe parking (except my NSX), lift available for service by Ramon, NSX and El Camino parts sold and exchanged and a good time had by all. If your coming please let us know how many people to expect and what you intend to share with everyone. Figure we'll light both BBQ's at noon and be ready to cook at 1:00 pm. We look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Gil and Donna PM for Cell if needed

Here is the latest update (thank you Scott!) of friends and food:
coolnsx +1 - I'll supply hot grill space (2), plates/bowls/set ups and ice cold coolers
SFDreamer - Bringing Chips and Dip
striker525 - ?
suntaelee +1 - ?
ilya +1 - ?
HGL1668 - ?
RQNSX + 1 - beer & chips
socalx +1 - desserts
PoohBEAR - ?
lazynok +1 - don't know what to bring.. suggestions??
ss_md +1 - ?
Kyras +1 - ?
bboxer +1 - Greek salad and dessert
Mike-san - ?
Floyd +1 - ?
ANYTIME +2 - ?
jdm538 - drinks
drmanny3 - Salad?

Sounds like the weather is going to be great. People asking what to bring, also lots of ?'s. It would help everyone to pick something to bring and start filling in the list so others can see what might be needed. Just bring your best BBQ and picinic food! :biggrin: Gil

Mike emailed me last week asking if we wanted to have this event again in 2010. Donna and I said we haven't got it quite right yet so let's keep trying!
I'll supply hot grill space (2), plates/bowls/set ups and ice cold coolers for drinks and food. You bring whatever you do better then anyone else on a BBQ please, please amaze us, plus salads, drinks, deserts, snacks; Bring your best stuff! Lots of good safe parking (except my NSX), lift available for service by Ramon, NSX and El Camino parts sold and exchanged and a good time had by all. If your coming please let us know how many people to expect and what you intend to share with everyone. Figure we'll light both BBQ's at noon and be ready to cook at 1:00 pm. We look forward to seeing everyone again this year. Gil and Donna PM for Cell if needed

coolnsx +1 - I'll supply hot grill space (2), plates/bowls/set ups and ice cold coolers
striker525 - ?
suntaelee +1 - ?
ilya +1 - ?
HGL1668 - ?
RQNSX + 1 - beer & chips
socalx +1 - desserts
PoohBEAR - ?
lazynok +1 - don't know what to bring.. suggestions??
ss_md +1 - ?
Kyras +1 - ?
bboxer +1 - Greek salad and dessert
Mike-san - ?
Floyd +1 - ?
ANYTIME +2 - ?
jdm538 - drinks
drmanny3 - Salad?
ediddynsx plus 1- bringing one of the most important item- Meats!! (chicken and korean short ribs)

How about some people bring some white rice, fried rice, chow mein, fruits, vegetables( like corn...roasted corn yum) steaks, tri tip etc.. remember when you are buying it make sure it will feed everyone.

Last edited:
Gil, If I understand your code language (ha ha), what you are saying is that you've arranged for picnic goers to go karting on the private street that runs above your property (as long as they sign a release) ? Wow !!!!!!!!!!:smile:

To those that would like to test drive a kart, should bring their own helmet (preferably full-faced), a long sleeved jacket and long pants. The small rocks and sand on the pavement coming off the tires hurts like hell on bare skin.

To those that would like to test drive a kart, should bring their own helmet (preferably full-faced), a long sleeved jacket and long pants. The small rocks and sand on the pavement coming off the tires hurts like hell on bare skin.

Thanks Scott, That's why these events don't happen without everyone's help. We're all here to help everyone have (safe) fun. Gil and the SoCal Crew

striker525 - ?
ilya +1 - Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Jalapenos
HGL1668 - Carrots and Celery with Hummus
RQNSX + 1 - Beer & Chips
socalx +1 - Desserts
PoohBEAR - ?
lazynok +1 - ?
ss_md +1 - ?
Kyras +1 - Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce, and Lemon Bars or Cherry Pie
bboxer +1 - Greek Salad and Dessert
Mike-san - Meat to BBQ
Floyd +1 - ?
ANYTIME +2 - ?
jdm538 - Drinks
drmanny3 - Salad
manh3 - Korean BBQ
ssj6kR +1 - Meat for Grilling
ediddynsx plus 1- Meats!! (Chicken and Korean Short Ribs)

striker525 - ?
ilya +1 - Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Jalapenos & BBQ Short Ribs
HGL1668 - Carrots and Celery with Hummus
RQNSX + 1 - Beer & Chips
socalx +1 - Desserts
PoohBEAR - ?
lazynok +1 - ?
ss_md +1 - ?
Kyras +1 - Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce, and Lemon Bars or Cherry Pie
bboxer +1 - Greek Salad and Dessert
Mike-san - Meat to BBQ
Floyd +1 - ?
ANYTIME +2 - ?
jdm538 - Drinks
drmanny3 - Salad
manh3 - Korean BBQ
ssj6kR +1 - Meat for Grilling
ediddynsx plus 1- Meats!! (Chicken and Korean Short Ribs)

Thank you, Gil, for the lemons you picked off your tree for me, yesterday.

I plan on bringing a big bottle of Cooks champagne, along with my shrimp and lemon bars. Women say, "No, thank you," when I offer it, but with a little arm twisting, they have some and like refills. :smile:

Who wants Bacardi 151? :tongue:

Back