• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SoCal NSX Spring BBQ Sunday May 2nd

Had a great time trying out the karts and hanging out. Thanks again for a great event. It's very much appreciated. Now I have to fight the urge to get my own kart. I will cave sooner or later, but I'm going to fight it for a while. :biggrin:

We'll be posting up all the great pics we took in the next couple of days. Ramon will be pleased with his contribution. :tongue:

Ilya - Don't fight the Force . . .

Donna and Gil - thanks for another great get together.

Last edited:
This was my first NSX meet and I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. Especially Gil and his wife for opening their beautiful home to us.
Thanks Tan and Denver for doing all the great cooking and keeping me and Andrea company while we ate.
I can't wait for the next meet!

-Alex

Thank you Gil for hosting a great gathering. Denver and Tan the BBQ was great. My girlfriend was so excited about the go karts but sad that she couldn't reach the pedals to ride them.

This was my first NSX meet. I am glad to have joined this great community. Everyone seems to be very nice. I hope to see you all more often.

We'll have booster seats for next year!:biggrin:
Thanks for coming. Gil

It was great meeting all of you guys yesterday, Thank you Gil for being such a great host. Where are the pictures?

Also I will no longer mod the NSX, my money will go towards buying a cart. Anytime, I blame this entirely on you.

Well I was really tired last night so let me thank everyone again....Gil and Donna for hosting.....Tan the man for being on the grill all day and everyone who was involved with the karts. It was great to meet some of the guys who have posted but I never got to meet in person.....ie manh3, downforce peter, etc.

Great to see the familiar faces (mike, scott, john, phil, tom, gram, ramon, patty, jerry, tino, adrian etc) and nice to meet the new ones and one recently this year. ( Stephen, tan, hugo, joaquin?, and all the guys who caravaned with us and of course thank you to all the ladies who were there.

I am glad I came out this year and hope to see you guys more often instead of just once or twice a year.

Last edited:
Had a great time trying out the karts and hanging out. Thanks again for a great event. It's very much appreciated. Now I have to fight the urge to get my own kart. I will cave sooner or later, but I'm going to fight it for a while. :biggrin:

We'll be posting up all the great pics we took in the next couple of days. Ramon will be pleased with his contribution. :tongue:

Very funny Ilya!!! HAHAHAAHHAA

Thank you Gil for opening up your beautiful home to everyone.

Below are some of the photos I took.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10829337@N06/sets/72157623861079207/
thumbnails.jpg

<MAP id=Map name=Map></MAP>

That picture really captures how I felt when vtec kicked in, the cross over on the NSX has nothing on your Kart.

Last edited:
That picture really captures how I felt when vtec kicked in, the cross over on the NSX has nothing on your Kart.

When I had my NSX I would intentionally not drive it for a few days after a kart outing because the kart made the NSX seem SLOW. And it was, look at the power to weight below.

NSX NA2 - 290 HP/3200 lbs (without driver)
125cc TaG (engines vary) - 30 HP/214 lbs (without driver/no ballast)
Stock Honda 125cc Shifter - 36 HP/215 lbs (without driver/no ballast)
Modified 125cc Shifter - 41 HP/215 lbs (without driver/no ballast)

Karting gives you the feel of Formula One, without the expense!!

All weights and HP ratings are approximate / HP readings at the rear wheels.

FYI - the shifter kart out yesterday is a Stock Honda CR125 engine

Last edited:
And this the guy we let fix our cars!! :tongue:

^We don't just let him, we pay him and want him to. Ramon is one great man! I love that photo, Regan! And I want your S2000 steering wheel! My next mod. But, I wasn't going to mod my NSX. :redface:

Thank you, Gil, and Donna, for letting us come play at your house. :biggrin:

... I have photos but it will be a day or two before I get some posted. Takes some time since I always want to take them into Photoshop to adjust them a tad, first. Been trying to get stuff done and stay off the computer, too.:rolleyes:

^We don't just let him, we pay him and want him to. Ramon is one great man! I love that photo, Regan! And I want your S2000 steering wheel! My next mod. But, I wasn't going to mod my NSX. :redface:

Thank you, Gil, and Donna, for letting us come play at your house. :biggrin:

... I have photos but it will be a day or two before I get some posted. Takes some time since I always want to take them into Photoshop to adjust them a tad, first. Been trying to get stuff done and stay off the computer, too.:rolleyes:[/QUOTEThanks everyone!

I like to thank Gil for hosting this event. Met a lot of new great guys and gals. This a truly a great community and I would like to thank everyone for being so open and warm. A great diversity of people. I will be attending more events from now on.

I knew I missed a good party :(. Next year Im just going to call in sick to go lol. I like the pick of ramon, that wasnt where you guys were drivign the karts I hope.....also, Did ramon get a new nsx. i though he sold his?

I knew I missed a good party :(. Next year Im just going to call in sick to go lol. I like the pick of ramon, that wasnt where you guys were drivign the karts I hope.....also, Did ramon get a new nsx. i though he sold his?

He brought one that was crashed earlier this year, that's he fixed. That pic of Ramon was where the karts were driving. It became an obstacle at the end.

I'll be posting lots of photos later today. There aren't any rules against that on Prime, are there? :confused:

Back