• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold my 2005 NSX!

Congrats Rob on the new car! Nice pictures, not sure how old you are but it seems these cars do attract MILF's...haha

My friend's dad had a red one and his wife made him sell it because it was attracting too much attention so he bought a Maserati :)

So you guys think a 360 sounds better than a 430? I really like the 360 Stradale but wished it came with a manual tranny!

Ferrari ownership is in my future too but not anytime soon since we are in the "kids" stage right now.

I have to defend Rob and the 360 as I recently did the same. Sold my 2000 CTSC NSX late last year, and after a long search, (I did not want an F1 tranny) picked up a 360 Modena recently. Red/black, 6 speed manual.

I have owned 2 NSX's. I loved them. Still do. But the Ferrari experience is head and shoulders above the NSX, even with the supercharger. The feel, looks, sound, it's just in a different league. Yes, when things go wrong it's not cheap, but the 360 is good as far as Ferrari's go. As long as you drive them and don't let them sit, they have a very good reputation. I think the garage queens that develop issues create most of the "It has 5000 miles and cost me a fortune" crap. For a long time I wanted an F355. That was a problematic car, and I saw tons with repairs more than the value of the car. That is almost unheard of with the 360. I am glad I spent a few extra bucks now on the 360.

I would say my 360 and my CTSC NSX are very close in terms of power. I am content with the power of either. I have no hard numbers, just personal impressions, so which is really faster I can't say. But there is just something magic about the Ferrari overall. Razor sharp steering, amazing high speed stability, and it's solid as a bank vault. It is a very exciting ride out of the box. My NSX had 30 grand worth of Comptech goodies and it still didn't give you goosebumps like the 360 does. I never understood the chatter about the "Ferrari soul" until now. There is something to it.

Rob, I know you will enjoy your 360 as much as I enjoy mine. It's a blast, and I have no regrets. Best of luck with it, it's a beauty!
I'm glad you sold me your NSX. It now has 45k worth of goodies and it gives me goose bumps like your Ferrari does for you. Glad you finally replaced the Nsx and are enjoying your Ferrari

Congrats on the F360.

To all the Fcar haters here; The NSX is not a Ferrari. It is a purpose built car with attributes that go way beyond most two seat cars in class. The Ferrari marque is distinct in it's own way, totally unrelated to the NSX. Unless you have actually owned own, please do not make baseless comments.

I have Owned an NSX, Ferrari 360 Spyder, and a Maserati Gran Sport.

Some facts/myths:

The Ferrari 360 is expensive to maintain:
If you take it to a Ferrari dealership, then yes, it can be. There are other high end service shops that are authorized by Ferrari to do the work at a much lower cost. The mechanics are factory trained and the shop has the coveted Ferrari stamp that goes in your Ferrari maintenance logbook, (Every F car has such logbook.)

The Ferrari breaks down more.
Not true of the 360 linage. One of the most reliable exotics out there.

With that said, the 360 series is a little dated. But the style of the 360 and the NSX will never fade. Both have lines that are timeless.

The Maseratti Gran Sport shared some things in common with the F360. 400 HP, paddle shift. Whereas the Maserati is a 4 seat touring car, the 360 is borderline race car. The Maseratti was rock solid reliable and for those that cant justify the 360 cost or need 4 seats for the family, then you need to check out the Maseratti Cambria Corsa or the premium model known as the Gran Sport. Both are very capable cars and will hold value.

The NSX is the best car for long term ownership and has great ergonomics. I do not need to expound on the virtues of this car on the Prime as would be redundant.

Buy the car you desire. Be happy with the purchase. Don't compare the brands as they only share 4 wheels and all have their own unique highs and lows.

Sky

Some pics of my cars:

IMG_0096.jpg

2.jpg

4b.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

DSC03266lrg.jpg

1.jpg

Afront.jpg

int2.jpg

steeringwheel1-1.jpg

c.jpg

*Only in Vegas:

Harmoneybetbig400-1.jpg

Nice collection, love that Maserati the most. Enjoy in good health

I'm glad you sold me your NSX. It now has 45k worth of goodies and it gives me goose bumps like your Ferrari does for you. Glad you finally replaced the Nsx and are enjoying your Ferrari

This goes to show you just how good the NSX is. I spent over a year trying to find a car that was on par with the NSX for anywhere near the same money. Not an easy thing to do. This particular 360 happened to do it for me. More often than not on my search I wished I never sold you that car! I am glad you are enjoying it.

I know I'm not a MILF, so I (by definition) must be the latter . . . I think I am in love with the 360-- Congrats! KH

From a gender perspective,I should have included dilfs.....golddiggers can by iether male of female.:wink:

I would take 5 wrecked NSX's over a brand new F-car.

thats just me.

I am a NSX fanatic nothing can ever change that.

rock-on if you have a RED f-car looks good in any driveway

congrats

Rob,

How's the car doing? Any new pictures of it? Yesterday a client of mine literally threw me her keys and said, "have fun." to her 2012 Ferrari California. Needless to say the experience blew me away. Everything in that car was so solid and talk about power and sound!!! The braking system was phenomenal. The Ferrari does have an "air", "aura", "soul" thats indescribable.
Turning the key and hitting the Engine Start button the steering wheel and hearing the car rev was amazing. I could understand immediately that crazy passion that and stirring when owners talk. Pushing the R button to swing it out of the parking space and pulling the right side gear shift to put it into 1st and rolling away was awesome listening to the car as i slowly just started to understand the multitude of things happening around me. I slowly made my way through the parking lot and when I came to my first right turn onto an industrial road, I straightened out and gunned it! OMG!!! SEG for sure..(sh!t eating grin)

Rob,

How's the car doing? Any new pictures of it? Yesterday a client of mine literally threw me her keys and said, "have fun." to her 2012 Ferrari California. Needless to say the experience blew me away. Everything in that car was so solid and talk about power and sound!!! The braking system was phenomenal. The Ferrari does have an "air", "aura", "soul" thats indescribable.
Turning the key and hitting the Engine Start button the steering wheel and hearing the car rev was amazing. I could understand immediately that crazy passion that and stirring when owners talk. Pushing the R button to swing it out of the parking space and pulling the right side gear shift to put it into 1st and rolling away was awesome listening to the car as i slowly just started to understand the multitude of things happening around me. I slowly made my way through the parking lot and when I came to my first right turn onto an industrial road, I straightened out and gunned it! OMG!!! SEG for sure..(sh!t eating grin)

Our neighbor has a white California....very nice ride and best part is he had two women in his back seats :)

This is the only Ferrari I can consider right now since I need to take kids out with me sometimes. Great car for sure...

Turbo....

No worries! You didn't hurt my feelings; nor did anyone else! I got a kick out of everyone's responses!

I appreciate your kind words! I wouldn't be suprised if I am back within the year with another NSX!

you will never find a better car then jacks 05 it was the best...Bill

enjoy your 360-hopefully a 6-spd manual

I have owned 9 NSXs over a 21 year period, most of them new. I never had an issue with any of them and they are fabulous cars. Freddy Glassburn in Atlanta serviced just about all of them. In September, 2008, I located a 2004 Ferrari 360 [ 6 spd manual ] that someone purchased new in California with 79 miles on the MSO. Car was never driven until traded in to a Ferrari dealer in August, 2008. Car had about every option, including the matching Schedoni luggage, still in plastic. I bought the car in October, 2008 with 149 miles on the odometer for approximately $50,000 less than MSRP. The Ferrari dealer did a complete belt and fluid service at that time. I have put about 4500 miles on the car and have had no issues at all. I change the fluids every year by purchasing the oil, filters, washers, etc. from a Ferrari dealer who discounts the parts. I have the work done by my local chevy tech who works on my supercharged ZO6 and is the best tech I have ever had. Total cost is about $500 per year. I live in the North Carolina mountains about 40 miles from the "Tale of the Dragon" and have enjoyed driving the NSXs and 360 on these roads. Enjoy your 360, they are magnificent machines that came about as a result of the NSX.

I almost sold my NSX and was going to do the same thing and get a 360 (manual transmission) to replace it.. I did my research and the 360 is a fantastic car, one of the most reliable ferrari's ever made, and very visceral experience to drive. I just could not part with my NSX right now, but the 360 is a very sweet Ferrari.

I have owned 9 NSXs over a 21 year period, most of them new. I never had an issue with any of them and they are fabulous cars. Freddy Glassburn in Atlanta serviced just about all of them. In September, 2008, I located a 2004 Ferrari 360 [ 6 spd manual ] that someone purchased new in California with 79 miles on the MSO. Car was never driven until traded in to a Ferrari dealer in August, 2008. Car had about every option, including the matching Schedoni luggage, still in plastic. I bought the car in October, 2008 with 149 miles on the odometer for approximately $50,000 less than MSRP. The Ferrari dealer did a complete belt and fluid service at that time. I have put about 4500 miles on the car and have had no issues at all. I change the fluids every year by purchasing the oil, filters, washers, etc. from a Ferrari dealer who discounts the parts. I have the work done by my local chevy tech who works on my supercharged ZO6 and is the best tech I have ever had. Total cost is about $500 per year. I live in the North Carolina mountains about 40 miles from the "Tale of the Dragon" and have enjoyed driving the NSXs and 360 on these roads. Enjoy your 360, they are magnificent machines that came about as a result of the NSX.

$2000 to drive 4500 miles?

The $2000 cost does not limit my mileage to 4500 miles. I could easily drive 25,000 miles [ or more] for the same cost. My point was I have never experienced outlandish costs for maintaining my 360 and were pretty much similar to the costs for maintaining my NSXs.

I can tell you this is probably so close to true it makes me crack up.

I met a guy that had sold a Yellow/Yellow NSX like mine and he stops me in the parking lot and tells me how much he missed his... Long story short he was driving a bright RED F430 with 8,000 miles on it and she was ready for her first tune up... $12,000 is what he told me he was about to spend!!! :eek:

Lol, no tune up costs $12k on a F430 and that phrase isn't even used. I sold my F430 after 5 years and over 21k miles of use and it didn't need anything, the 15k mile service was relatively cheap and oil changes. The car was sold with the original clutch too. We hear a lot of talk on Ferraris, but owning one will set the rumors straight. He was probably a first time owner who doesn't know any better.

Now a major service (at 30k miles) on a Testarossa I had which was a little neglected on maintenance by its former owner was a $12k dollar job at the dealer.

Re: enjoy your 360-hopefully a 6-spd manual

You are a lucky man both for the cars and living close to the Dragon. i go up there every year in April

Back