• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some of you may appreciate this

sorry for the delay guys. my grandfather has had health complications and I have not had time to work on my project for a while. hopefully some pics tonight.

ravi

Good post, the car looks great! One question though, I haven't seen anything with regard to aspirations on this turbo setup. What are you aiming for ? Lower HP, but very flat powerpand and quick spool? High HP? Any work done to the internals ? What about engine Mgmt? Yes, I'm inquisitive as you can probably tell.

KANE said:
Turbo and y pipe. Thanks Gerry!
attachment.php

Where can I get this Y-pipe?
Is it custom made?

KANE said:
here is the lexan rear hatch with cooling slots machined into it. at the moment it is just sitting on top of the stock glass. Tomorrow I will tackle the install. the intercooler will be shrouded and have a seal where it meets with the hatch. electric fans will be placed under the intercooler to draw in cool air.

attachment.php

BTW use a pressure switch and temperature sensor for the fan. So it would only turn on the fan at high temperature and at boost. It would really be annoying to have the noise of constant fan blowing. maybe water jets too?

Thanks for the advice regarding the intercooler....this forum has so many experts :rolleyes:

Ok guys the latest updates!
I forgot the camera today so I couldn't take pics during the intercooler piping fab but here is the end result, the long section goes from the turbo to the intercooler, also a bunch of mandrel bent sections that are used to create the i/c piping. I purchased all of the tubing from Burns stainless. I have to say the tubing is top notch.

Second pic: I just received an ems from AEM. I plan to install tomorrow and will post pics during the install so you guys can see what is involved.

My interior is out of the car right now and being redone

Soon paint and body!

Ravi

Attachments

• tube1.jpg
    tube1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,900
  • tube2.jpg
    tube2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,880
I was originally planning to use a Greddy e-manage ultimate, but AEM made me a deal I couldn't refuse, plus the AEM unit also controls boost.

Ravi

I appreciate NOTHING!

KANE said:
I was originally planning to use a Greddy e-manage ultimate, but AEM made me a deal I couldn't refuse, plus the AEM unit also controls boost.

Ravi

Oh, that's right, Greddy. My bad. Still, you can't fault me for calling you out on the EMS after the discussion we had regarding this very thing. :tongue:

You need to stop spending money and start working. Otherwise you will end up like me: nothing but a pile of parts in your garage and a pile of ash in your pocket. :redface:

More updates tonight guys! Josh what do you think about a lavender nsx interior with pink accents? I'm thinking about using it on an upcoming nsx project :tongue:

Ravi

Here are the AEM ems install pics. It is basicly a plug in deal except for a sub harness which must be installed to the oem harness to activate vtec. Even that is very easy. In the pics you can see the harness comes with pins crimped on that you insert into vacant holes in the oem ecu plugs. The chassis of the ems is attached to the firewall of the nsx using the supplied velcro tape.

More turbo piping tomorrow

Ravi

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,845
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,795
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,751
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,737
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,733
The rest of the pics....sorry for the poor quality. My camera decided to be an ass clown today.

Attachments

• p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,711
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,745
Intercooler piping completed.

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,822
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,735
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,700
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,776
Wow! That a lot of piping. IS there any worry of pressure loss with that amount of piping? I know that usually, for the maximum contant pressure it is usually best to route piping in the most direct route (obviously impossible with the turbo location on an NSX) but should there be any problem with how it was fabricated? And is that usually the way IC piping is routed on these single turbo setups? No one has really ever posted up shots.

I cant wait to see this. I check this thread everyday and has become my utmost favorite thread on Prime. Props to you. Keep feeding us more, we DO APPRECIATE IT!

yup its 3 colors right now:) the widebody is white, the frame is the new color(green) and the rear bumper is still red(the original color) I plan to leave all the panels as they are and clear coat them to create a high gloss finish.

Ravi

Back