• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sorry guys - new NSX replacement is dead

I just logged on to post this too! So sad. Not surprising though.

I am done with Honda, we absolutely live in the past and now it's OFFICIAL, no F1, no GT monster, no new NSX ... the S2000 is obsolete in today's standards when a Cobalt SS can be faster (there's not even a really "new" S2k or S3K on the horizon) ... yes, we are in the past, past glorious days of F1 and racing bleeding out of even an mundane accord.

Last weekend while servicing our RL i saw the new TL, my wife said --and believe me, she is no car expert-- that looks like an Buick, and that considering that the TL in question was the one wit the STUPID thing of front (we call thing) painted to match the car's color, the MDX is ok and the TSX is for girls, our RL is a great car SHAWD but for my wife and carry kids, 300hp is good enough .. and going to the grocery store, nice luxury .. AND THAT'S IT! .....

Our next car since will be a family car it might a volvo (my wife LOVES volvos) and I am done with Honda, i will be happy forever with my NSX ... maybe i'd get someday a used R8 ... or a Gallardo, someday, Honda? don't think so ... "restructuring" means BORING, safe GREEN cars that SELL and make $$$$$ that's it ... enthusiasts like us are simply ignored and on a COLD WAR style asked quietly and politely to move to R8's Porsches and Gallardos .. which are the demographics anyways for the original NSX buyers ... SHAME ON HONDA SHAME ON HONDA.

I am pissed ..

Oscar :mad:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am unaffected.

Honda doesn't build a new super duper car. So what?

Honda also just posted their first ever half year loss.

Seems like they are doing what they should be doing- battening down the hatches to ride out the storm. Racing? Supercars? We will see them again in better economic times.

In the mean time, Those NSXs in your garages just got more exclusive.

P

Sad day. :frown: We can only hope that when the business turns around for the better again, Honda will revisit the concept and give us a proper MR V8. For now, I'll just drive my NSX, smile and remember how awesome Honda cars used to be. :)

As an enthusiast, I'm crushed. While I didn't like the front-engined layout or the styling as it was turning out, I would love to see what Honda can do with a great big V10 and a $150k pricetag. But as an investor, I'm glad. These types of hard sacrifices are exactly what the Big 2.5 didn't make, and now look where they are. Sad day indeed though. Wonder what will happen to the test mule(s).

Not unexpected given the global financial climate.

The NSX replacement is dead...long live the NSX.

and as I've been saying...the Lotus Evora will be the official NSX offspring...

I am unaffected.

Honda doesn't build a new super duper car. So what?

Honda also just posted their first ever half year loss.

Seems like they are doing what they should be doing- battening down the hatches to ride out the storm. Racing? Supercars? We will see them again in better economic times.

In the mean time, Those NSXs in your garages just got more exclusive.

P

+1 Have to agree there. Besides, the prototypes doing the rounds have been for the most part so-so looking anyway. Better to cut their losses and ride out the bad economy than release an dubious product and dig a hole for the company like the Big 3 that you might not get out of. Besides Subaru just quit WRC. For all we know all the other manufacturers are in denial for now, and will eventually follow suit.

This is an interesting post on autoblog.com. I wonder what company/supplier "Bob" works for:confused:

bob
9:46am (12/17/2008)

Interesting as we are still devoloping parts for this vehicle and we have quotes and samples due this week.

wonder how much money the wasted developing the car :rolleyes:

I don't think they really wasted the money. I'm sure they learned things along the way. And I seriously doubt the higher ups gave the green light to development knowing they were going to kill it before it ever saw production.

Not much to cancel.

Now, if it had been the HSC that just got the ax, that would’ve hurt.

But the HSC did get the axe!?! lol

Is anyone really that surprised. That's why I praised Nissan for actually pulling the GTR off. Took some balls.

I don't think $150k sports cars are where it's at in this economy. Hopefully they learned something from all that technology and the next s2000 gets some of it.

:)

I'm not disappointed. I have an NSX. I like the one I have. I don't care that Honda isn't replacing it. Not sure why people get so upset when we already have the car we want??

It's because even 99% of people wouldn't own that super GT.. still cool to have some BRAGGING to do about your top of the line car (or even to trash it the FR or the bad design, as long it spanks most supercars), about your Car manufacturer achievements and credentials .. it's about knowing that you are not stuck on 89 ....
Oscar

But the HSC did get the axe!?! lol

Is anyone really that surprised. That's why I praised Nissan for actually pulling the GTR off. Took some balls.

I don't think $150k sports cars are where it's at in this economy. Hopefully they learned something from all that technology and the next s2000 gets some of it.

:)

That's a good idea. Bring back the HSC and put some of the stuff they learned from the ASCC into it. Kill the S2000 for Honda and give the new HSC to Acura. :smile:

Not the NSX replacement is dead, the US economy is dead. So is it Honda to blame not to build a car the most important market for them can't buy it? Guys, be realistic, the party is over. The coming years will be painful for the hole world economically. :(

Last edited:
Back