• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS/Downforce Sport Wide Front Fender Owners

I'm considering installing Downforce's wide front fenders, and would like to receive feedback from current owners (or, failing this, anyone who has actually seen these fenders installed).

Quality product? Issues? Happy with the product?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...roducts/NSX/Downforce/DF_Sport_Front_Fenders/

Thanks!

Are you in S. Cal? Go see it if you're around, they are in Anaheim. So far, every DF wide body I have seen fit and finish has been top notch, just matter of taste.

Peter from DF does guarantee his parts like no composite after market manufactures.

Interested to know as well. Just grabbed my left fender with the tire pulling in to a driveway today apparently a bit too quick :(

I don't own them but I almost bought them until I realized 1/4" is not worth it. If it had been 3/4" or 1" I would have bought them bc it would accommodate an 8.5" wheel up front much better.

I didn't even know these were available so I checked them out on the site and I couldn't tell the difference. I think they need to put up a side by side pic (OEM vs Wide) that shows the difference.

I didn't even know these were available so I checked them out on the site and I couldn't tell the difference. I think they need to put up a side by side pic (OEM vs Wide) that shows the difference.

Even a side by side comparison it would be hard to tell 1/4" difference.

Even a side by side comparison it would be hard to tell 1/4" difference.

$1000 + freight, install labor, and paint for 5 or 6mm additional width... the writing is on the wall fellas! I just think it's a pointless product, though downforce makes other good products. I like the cantrell concepts fenders much better, they look stock without having the unnecessary wheel bulge and they accommodate 1" wider wheels (though no stock fender liners will work with them).

Do the cantrell fenders bolt straight up to the stock body even stock side skirts? Only pictures I saw googling it was with widebody applications.

I dont ever plan to go widebody but would like a bit wider fenders in the front. These R888's are wider in 205's than my RT615's were in 215's and learned it the hard way apparently :rolleyes:

$1000 + freight, install labor, and paint for 5 or 6mm additional width... the writing is on the wall fellas! I just think it's a pointless product, though downforce makes other good products.

Well, in the event someone needed to, say, replace a single fender (that if purchased new costs well over $1,000), it seems to me that buying a set of the DF front fenders at under $1,000 - provided they fit as OEM, to include proper fender liner fitment - wouldn't be pointless.

The extra width - albeit small - is simply an added benefit (especially for those of us running big brake kits...), as are the JDM style side markers.

I have these on my car. They fit almost as good as stock but acceptable. I filled in the JDM marker recession and I am running a 17X9" wheel (Forgeline custom offset with a 245/40/17 Hoosier and NO RUBBING. I think they are a smart alternative to stock if cost is an issue and or you need a little more clearance. Just my .02 cents

Agreed, would be awesome to have the ability to fit a low offset 8 or even just a 8.5" wheel. Only reason I caught with my current 8" wheels was because I didnt have the stretch I did before.

We have them on the LoveFab car, and I think they look pretty good.
Cody put some big rubber on it (ran 235/40/17's up front IIRC) with no liners......but we went smaller and I'm thinking about fitting some type of liner material back in, at least in the rear section.

Brian

Attachments

• Thumbs UP.jpg
    Thumbs UP.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,951
I have seen these in person, and you can tell. they look great, and does open up the doors for different rims, you may not have be able to choose from before...

They do look wider in that pic than the pics on the downforce website, and they also don't show that extra crease in the lovefab pic either. Oh well, I guess I'd have to see them in person to make the call.

They do look wider in that pic than the pics on the downforce website, and they also don't show that extra crease in the lovefab pic either. Oh well, I guess I'd have to see them in person to make the call.

I don't think the front fenders on Cody's old ride are DOwnforce but either Margahills front fenders or SOS Cantrell front fenders. Maybe someone with facts can itterate.

I don't think the front fenders on Cody's old ride are DOwnforce but either Margahills front fenders or SOS Cantrell front fenders. Maybe someone with facts can itterate.
They are actually Cantrell Concepts 30mm wider front fenders.
The 2002+ front bumper and lip was Downforce, but not the fenders....sorry about that! :redface:

Brian

Can anyone confirm they are 1200$ for the pair because that's deals! Shipping probably would be a bit steep but long as its less than 800 bucks still cheaper and wider than the stock fenders.

Last edited:
forcefed, i dont' get your math. 1200 plus 800 equals 2000. I have been under the impression that the df fenders are 1000 for the pair. yellownsx indicates 1000 pair in his post. has anyone confirmed 1000 each or 1000 pair. there are no separate part numbers for left and right and no one would ever buy just one of these unless they already had a set and busted one. 1000 each would be procar pricing :biggrin:

Back