• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Sprint Booster" for Drive-By-Wire

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this product on other makes since this isn't available for our NSX's. Some of the Porsche and Audi guys say they notice a dramatic improvement. But I was wondering if this was another gimmick that is equivalent to simply stepping on the gas pedal a little harder. :biggrin:

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

A lot of BMW folks also do this by taking the pedal assembly apart and modifying it themselves.

Pretty easy with a lot of DIY articles on the 'net if you search.

Dave

how exactly does it work?

if it can make the dbw on any car act like its using throttle cable, im sold

I have it on my Mercedes E55 and it makes a dramatic improvement in throttle response. It makes the car feel significantly faster. I would highly recommend it for Euro cars.

Sprint Booster emailed me asking for a pic of the DBW module. Anyone have a pic that I can provide or direct me to the location? I am assuming it is by the pedal assembly?

I have one on my M5 and Tundra. Both work very well.
I wish they made for the NSX. It seems to have way too much lag.

Once I get a pic of the connector I can send it to Sprint Booster. Maybe they can do a group buy if they have another Honda module that will work. Anyone have a pic they can send me? :biggrin:

that seems like a cool idea, cause yea, sometimes the car does seem like it lags.....till vtec

that seems like a cool idea, cause yea, sometimes the car does seem like it lags.....till vtec

I think the DBW assembly is next to the throttle body.....

I think I found the module that Sprint Booster was requesting a pic of. It is located under the hood. I sent them the pic and I am waiting for a response.

photo-141.jpg

I just installed one on my CL500 and I love it. It has a three position switch and I set it on "wife mode" for my wife. She Loves it too. Really helps on an automatic.

Not sure how it would work on the NSX

I think I found the module that Sprint Booster was requesting a pic of. It is located under the hood. I sent them the pic and I am waiting for a response.

photo-141.jpg

I don't have that on my 95.... where exactly is it located? From what that looks like, it doesn't look like drive by wire to me.... it looks like the mechanical throttle wire........ weird.

I don't have that on my 95.... where exactly is it located? From what that looks like, it doesn't look like drive by wire to me.... it looks like the mechanical throttle wire........ weird.

It's located on the driverside underneath a black plastic cover. You will see a cable coming out of the cover. There are 2 10mm bolts that hold the cover down.

My coworker has this on his Smart fortwo car. He likes it, as it does make it "feel" more responsive. It does not, however, give the car any more power or change the overall gas mileage.

From our experiments, all it seems to do is "boost" or "remap" the throttle position curve, thereby making smaller movements in the pedal equate to larger movements in the throttle position (kind of like changing the mouse movement profile on your computer from slow to faster). This also, in turn, tricks the car into thinking you drive more aggressively and keeps the car in a particular gear longer than it normally would.
I don't know for sure, but what I described seems to be what's happening. . .

He likes it a lot. But then again, I always though, what if you just drove more with a lead foot? Wouldn't that be the same?

Back