• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spy Shots: 2009/10 Acura NSX

embedded..ee9b0db

enclosure..ee9b0a7

embedded..ee9b0de

Looks like a stretched S2000 to me.
Thats def not the new NSX.

If you were a Honda engineer performing powertrain development and testing and you had no body shell yet, it seems possible you would consider stretching an S2000 to create your engineering mule. (Not that I know what to make of this thing.) Those rear control arms look interesting too.

It is interesting WHERE it is stretched. It looks like a mid-engine engineering mule to me. As for the ugly stretched S2000 comment, I agree but it still may look better than the ASCC.

It is interesting WHERE it is stretched. It looks like a mid-engine engineering mule to me. As for the ugly stretched S2000 comment, I agree but it still may look better than the ASCC.

Does it really look mid-engined? The rear axle looks too close to the middle of the car. Perhaps it's the next S2000. Otherwise I'm Debby Downer...

Does it really look mid-engined? The rear axle looks too close to the middle of the car. Perhaps it's the next S2000. Otherwise I'm Debby Downer...

Hi Debbie :biggrin: haha :tongue:

Well you never know......Ferrari used a 348 body shell for a test mule for the Enzo engine. So we shall see. :cool:

If you were a Honda engineer performing powertrain development and testing and you had no body shell yet, it seems possible you would consider stretching an S2000 to create your engineering mule. (Not that I know what to make of this thing.) Those rear control arms look interesting too.

:wink:

Mid Engine SH AWD V8 Turbo Hybrid

***Honda if you are reading this thread***

This is the formula for the successor to the NSX.

that car screams S2000 to me.

Honda coming to their senses? I do hope so. Bring on the next NSX!

You guys sure it's not a RX-8 with S2k Body kit?:biggrin:

Jalopnik.com said:
According to spies, Honda engineers are holed up in a workshop along the Nürburgring. Inside, they're apparently attending to a bizarre test mule built from an S2000 roadster. Though basically stock looking, a curious set of panels have been tacked on for length and width, the passenger compartment appears larger, and a case of elephantiasis appears have affected its hoodline. Thus, the shooters surmise the underlying structure could belong to Honda's next NSX supercar, which many had been expected to be based on the Advanced Sports Car Concept (below). The latest loose talk indicated Honda execs were unsatisfied with the path of development, and sent design engineers back to the CAD workstation to make some major tweaks. Notwithstanding the dichotomy of a front-engined NSX, this car will likely show up early next decade, wearing a $150,000 sticker

Found this attached to some mule photos on Jalopnik.

Agreed- that exhaust arrangement looks midengine to me...

Philip

The engine could still be in the front, even with that exhaust, if Honda was trying to fool us. Seems like more trouble than it's worth though.
How do you fit a V-10 sideways? Right now I think a transverse V-8 makes more sense for marketing.

The engine could still be in the front, even with that exhaust, if Honda was trying to fool us. Seems like more trouble than it's worth though.
How do you fit a V-10 sideways? Right now I think a transverse V-8 makes more sense for marketing.

My guess wasn't only due to the exhaust arrangement.

Have a look at that extended roof- there isn't a back seat, what else do you suppose they might be trying to cover?

fingers crossed

P

Honda has replaced the rear lower bumper cover. Now we can't see the hugh rear wishbones coming off the rear carrier or the stacked transverse exhaust system.

I'm pretty sure it's a front engined GT car. :wink:

As much as I'd like it to be a Mid-engine, from the photos, it appears to be empty behind the driver and passanger seats.

Also WHERE ARE THE ENGINE VENTS for a mid engine?

If it was mid-engine, there needs to be airflow to that area of the car, like in the NSX where it has 2 side vents and one behind the hatch.

Back