• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Squeeky Bilsteins

I had 4 bilstein shocks installed on the lower perch. When I go over a bump, the right rear one squeaks. Is been about 3 months and was barely noticeable at first but now has become quite annoying. Any suggestions???????

Get KW V3s. JUST KIDDING! :biggrin::biggrin:

A few folks have complained about the Bils squeaking but mine never did. Is it more of a squeak when the suspension slowly articulates like pulling into a steep driveway or does it squeak when driving?

There are 2 bushings sandwiching the top hat and the top hat itself has a rubber pad. I'd give those a quick looksee. On my Integra putting the rubber sheathing on the spring helped tremendously. I wonder of those were removed from yours. My Teins had them.

It's those black things...
tein_s.tech.jpg

My Bilsteins only squeak during cold temps below 70 degrees or so. Very loud when it's extremely cold and gets quieter as I begin to drive around and warm up. When it's spring or summer like right about now, there are no squeaks.

I would try some silicone grease spray on the suspect strut. Spray lightly on the actual rod. It does help remedy the issue. For how long this will last is another question. I do this sometimes in the cold weather if I drive it alot. This seems to be the only issue I have had so far with the shocks. Otherwise, they are not bad at all. I would probably try Konis next if I had a chance, but my particular set have the Dali coilovers, so I am a bit torn by the value of this set.

Try silicon-grease as someone mentioned above but on all suspension rubber you can find under there including the sway-bar. I had several sets of Bilsteins on my car and none of them ever squealed. I never heard someone complaining about them but me but that's a different story. :)

My Bilsteins only squeak during cold temps below 70 degrees or so. Very loud when it's extremely cold and gets quieter as I begin to drive around and warm up. When it's spring or summer like right about now, there are no squeaks.

Mine are the same way.. They pretty much squeak every time I go out.. after about 10 minutes the squeaks disappear..

No squeaks here yet (knock on wood) I have had my Bils and stock springs for exactly a year. Although I didn't drive it much when it got cold to notice any squeaks.

Back