• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Starter flange bolts?

Had an interesting issue with my starter. The top flange bolt that holds the starter to the engine at some had come out at some point. In turn, the starter wrenched itself off the car, snapping the lower flange casing off from the lower bolted section.

201109241108000.jpg

Although I can get another starter ordered, I am going to need to replace that upper bolt. Any idea what the specs are, thread geometry, length? Tried to search the online catalogs but no luck so far :frown:

Chances are the lower bolt is the same size and thread. The only difference might be the length. Hand tighten your replacement to make sure it fits before you torque it down.
Good Luck!

Chances are the lower bolt is the same size and thread. The only difference might be the length. Hand tighten your replacement to make sure it fits before you torque it down.
Good Luck!

That's what I am assuming. I need to know the length of the top bolt though. It's definitely shorter. Just don't want to take any chances of trying to install the incorrect bolt geometry.

Again, if anyone can provide some hard numbers, that would be great!

Yes, it is 10mmx1.25 - the length should be easy to determine.

Yes, it is 10mmx1.25 - the length should be easy to determine.

Actually, The bottom bolt measures to me 12mm x 1.25, so I assume the top one will be similar except for length(I estimate~40mm)

Just visited Fastenal as well. They don't have an exact match.

Hope I can find an actual honda part number for it!

It is 12 x 38 for the top one.
Honda P/N 95701-12038-08
It is shown with the engine wire harness page
Assuming you have a 91 MT ?

It is 12 x 38 for the top one.
Honda P/N 95701-12038-08
It is shown with the engine wire harness page
Assuming you have a 91 MT ?

Thanks man! Didn't see your previous post. I just put in an order at local dealership. Yes, i'm a MT.

Should have it by end of week, along with another starter.

Thanks again!!!

Back