• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steve Gooding

Many of you had the pleasure and privilege to meet Steve Gooding last weekend at NSXPO 2013. Steve, along with his wife Petra and daughter helped out at registration. Steve also took the lead along with Larry Bastanza in conducting the Tech Session during NSXPO.

I was shocked and saddened to get a call earlier this afternoon to let me know that our good friend Steve Gooding died yesterday from a severe heart attack. Steve was only 46 years old.

I met Steve about 7 years ago when I first purchased my NSX. To those of us in the NC/SC area, Steve was not just a good friend, but the go to mechanic for our NSX’s. Steve was a knowledgeable NSX technician, and one of the most passionate NSX enthusiasts on the planet.

Steve was one of the very first NSX Technicians in the country. At that time he was living in California and worked for one of the premier Acura Dealers. Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer owned three NSX’s and Steve serviced his cars. At the time Steve was the NSX mechanic to the stars.

Steve leaves behind his wife Petra, three daughters and a son. A very sad day for his family and the NSX community.

Last edited:
Oh John,
That is so very sad to hear. I am completely in shock. Please send our love to Petra and Ashley as well as his other daughter and son.
Am really struck dumb by this. Though we are far away, do let us know if the family needs help.
So very sorry . . .

I'm in shock as well....we were at the same table for dinner.....I will pray for his family ....

OMG - total disbelief. My thoughts and prayers go to all his family and friends at this time of sorrow. Shocking, absolutely shocking

I'm at a loss for words. Absolutely horrible news. My heart goes out to Petra and the family. Unreal.

Greatful to get all of the time with him at Expo last weekend. Ashely and I are going to miss him dearly.

holy crap, that's absolutely staggering. i met steve several years ago when i was shopping for my nsx, i found one in chicago but didn't know how to get it home. someone said that steve might be able to help and sure enough he did. we drove together from raleigh to chicago in his truck, picked up the car (after he checked it out and gave it his blessing), and drove back home. during that trip we discussed this new thing called the "24 hours of lemons" and thought it sounded like a capital idea so immediately upon our return i bought a 1987 integra and formed the "integrenaders" team with steve, howard stanton, and a few other folks. that team later morphed into the successful "simon says" and "maximum oversteer" teams, if any of you were at vir last weekend you saw "max" the hideously ugly red integra.

my thoughts go out to his friends and family, including the huge nsx family that steve will always be a part of.

Wow, that is a complete shock to me. I spent quite a bit of time talking with him at NSXPO. I mentioned to him that it was such a pleasure to meet him as he has such a great reputation within the NSX community. He was genuinely very friendly and enthusiastic to be at NSXPO. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have meet such a wonderful person, albeit for such a brief period of time.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Very shocked to hear this, NSXPO was the first time that I met Steve but he made an impression on me as a solid guy. I am fortunate that I was able to meet him and I want to extend my sincere condolences to his family.

I am deeply saddened by the news of Steve's passing. I really am in shock right now. I spent a good amount of time last weekend catching up with him on work, life and one of his favorite topics, the NSX. His generosity, kindness and knowledge will be missed greatly. I met Steve about 6 years ago like many of you on my journey to purchase my 'dream car'. I was so thankful to have a resource in a guy like Steve that walked me through the process and getting me a great car in the end. He was so passionate about the NSX and about getting more people to experience what he loved working on.

He was a good friend and one that will be talked about for years to come. My thoughts and prayers go out to Petra and his wonderful family. I will really miss him.

GodSpeed!

I met Steve 5 years ago,when he was a great help to me when I got my car.Over the years I was honored to be able to count him as a friend.His sudden death is all the more shocking because I got to see a lot of Steve at the expo,finally having a little relaxation,while still tirelessly helping any and all owners with a mechanical problem. He will be sorely missed by me,and by all of us in the NSX community.

I met Steve only briefly at NSXPO and found him to be a very genuine person who loved these cars and the people who drive them. If there is anything we can do as his NSX extended family please let me know. I pray for God's peace, comfort and healing for his family.

This is hard to believe. I am sitting here holding a business card he gave me at NSXPO.
Our thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to Steve's family and friends. Like others have mentioned: shock and disbelief. I spent a bunch of time with Steve during NSXPO. He was so willing to share his experiences and knowledge to us all at NSXPO.
If someone can please attach the obituary once it is available, I would like to to donate to the charity of the family's preference.

All the best to Steve's family.

Shan and Warren.

Last edited:
I only knew him by reputation, and quite a reputation he had, this is a loss both to this community and beyond. My condolences to his family.

Sh*t.

Many of you had the pleasure and privilege to meet Steve Gooding last weekend at NSXPO 2013. Steve, along with his wife Petra and daughter helped out at registration. Steve also took the lead along with Larry Bastanza in conducting the Tech Session during NSXPO.

I was shocked and saddened to get a call earlier this afternoon to let me know that our good friend Steve Gooding died yesterday from a severe heart attack. Steve was only 46 years old.

I met Steve about 7 years ago when I first purchased my NSX. To those of us in the NC/SC area, Steve was not just a good friend, but the go to mechanic for our NSX’s. Steve was a knowledgeable NSX technician, and one of the most passionate NSX enthusiasts on the planet.

Steve was one of the very first NSX Technicians in the country. At that time he was living in California and worked for one of the premier Acura Dealers. Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer owned three NSX’s and Steve serviced his cars. At the time Steve was the NSX mechanic to the stars.

Steve leaves behind his wife Petra, two daughters and a son. A very sad day for his family and the NSX community.

Sh*t.

Yes, at check-in to NSXPO 2013 Friday evening ~ 630 PM met Steve and Petra. We attended Sunday's tech session where we enjoyed Steve's hands-on Honda service knowledge and frank discussion.

Knew Steve only for a very short time.... but he proved all that and more. Cindy and I hope he now furiously drives the NSX of his dreams each and every day.

Keep the RPMs in VTEC, friend.

I met Steve Gooding the day before NSXPO began. I was in my car parked in front of the NSXPO hotel searching my GPS for a place to wash my car and he pulled up beside me and introduced himself. When he found out that I wanted to wash my car, he immediately invited me to his house to wash my car. While at his home, we quickly developed a rapport. I appreciated his generosity his knowledge and his warm personality. I was truly excited to meet and get to know Steve and was looking forward to expanding upon our new relationship. I invited Steve and Petra to come to Hawaii and they accepted. We were all looking forward to seeing each other again in Hawaii.

My heart goes out to Petra and their children. If there's anything I can do please let me know.

Steven Lee

Last edited:
Very sad news. My condolences to the family, I enjoyed his tech session on Sunday. I only talked with him a few minutes but remember him challenging Larry B to keep up with him when they had to pick up a tool at his shop. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

James

Back