• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stock Market

Got together with a few buddies and came up with this. We each invest $1000.00 and after 3 months the ones with the least gain have to match the person with the most money gains. Any market gurus on here with a stock tip?

Armando

MiamieNeSeX,

Would you be daytrading or buying and holding? I dabble in and out of daytrading and have found that if you channel a stock or few stocks, you can make a decent profit. For example, follow one or two stocks and notice their trends. ie. yahoo(yhoo) Last friday it was at ~34.50/sh, a few weeks before it traded in the 36-37 range. I noticed it found a bottom near 33.9 and had support there. So bought 1000 shares at 34.5 and it popped 1.15 to 35.65 on monday, sold right away and boom, a kool 1g in my pocket. Though it did pop to 37 later this week, I did not mind, got my thousand out of her. I use the market for some extra spending cash. Where else can u sit in front of a computer and press some buttons and make $1000 in less than a hour. You can lose a lot too, but if you are in and out, u can minimize that too.

If you play stocks this way, you must treat stocks as if you are a player with the ladies(not that I am that with the ladies ;-). Never fall in love with a stock(ie hold on too long) Ride a stock up (buy long) and down (sell short). And if she goes up and you missed the boat, do not chase her. You can never go broke making a profit.

1000 may be tough to make a lot of money unless u play options. That is another game altogether. I have lost my shirt and have bought many shirts with options. I remember once "investing" $500 in an option and selling it in a week for $10,500. That was a nice one, but rare.

There is mucho money to be made this week as earnings reports lead to volitality.

Back