• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

T Wrench bleeder

It is time to flush my ABS unit again. 1997 NSX. The last time I took it to a shop and had them do it. The shop is an hour away and I think I am going to give it a try myself. I have read several threads and looked at the Danoland site.

I have searched the web for a T wrench but no luck. I posted a WTB in he classifieds just in case someone has one to sell. I would love to have one. I am a sucker for specialized tools.

As I see it, I can do the solenoid flush method as described on the Danoland site or try and make my own T wrench. I assume the factory T wrench has a hose that runs up through long handle into the reservoir. What keeps all the fluid from leaking out when you remove the tool? Your finger?

I found what looks to be the proper socket online. My thought is to weld a short bar to the socket, so I can turn the socket. I would run a hose through the middle of the socket. I can secure the hose to the nipple with some small wire to keep it from blowing off. The hose will be connected to a bottle (Motive catch bottle).

Any thoughts? Dumb idea? Thanks.

The OEM T-Bleeder has a one-way valve that keeps the fluid in its tank. I donated one to the NSX community, but it was stolen after a few years of being passed around the country and nobody gave up the name of the last recipient. My personal T-Bleeder didn't make the trip to my current house. And now the T-Bleeder tool is NLA.

Yes, I purchased the same square socket as well. And my plan was to put a flexible tube over the bleeder nipple, put the socket over it all and use some locking pliers to loosen/tighten the bleeder. I have not tried it yet, but I suspect that the pressure of the system may just blow the hose off regardless of a wire retainer...but please give it a try and let us know how it works. If the bleeder spray is uncontrollable, then just use a cup to deflect downwards, then quickly rinse everything down afterwards

The OEM T-Bleeder has a one-way valve that keeps the fluid in its tank. I donated one to the NSX community, but it was stolen after a few years of being passed around the country and nobody gave up the name of the last recipient. My personal T-Bleeder didn't make the trip to my current house. And now the T-Bleeder tool is NLA.

Yes, I purchased the same square socket as well. And my plan was to put a flexible tube over the bleeder nipple, put the socket over it all and use some locking pliers to loosen/tighten the bleeder. I have not tried it yet, but I suspect that the pressure of the system may just blow the hose off regardless of a wire retainer...but please give it a try and let us know how it works. If the bleeder spray is uncontrollable, then just use a cup to deflect downwards, then quickly rinse everything down afterwards

Once I get my alternator sorted I am on to the bleeding/flushing and will let you know how it goes. I may try and fab up something to help hold the hose in place attached to the socket. I wish I had used the T wrench so I could understand how much pressure we are dealing with.

That really sucks that someone swiped the tool. I have a large rivet tool that floated through the FJ40 community to restore the hardtop for several years and it finally found its way back home.

It's under a lot of pressure, I recommend gloves if working in close proximity to prevent skin injection.

As long as you keep the brake fluid off the paint that is most of the battle. Keep a garden hose flowing nearby to immediately flood any brake fluid spills or sprays with water. After you are done then flood the entire area with water and you will be good.

Back