• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Taitec GT Lightweight exhaust dyno result

Brad said:
The Lightweight was 19.5 pounds, without the adapters.

Did your GTLW gain weight in transit? The SOS website lists the exhaust's weight at 16.1lbs and my bathroom scale (which is highly accurate to +/- 15lbs) confirmed that figure. Maybe a typo or maybe we're talking about two different exhausts?

nsxsupra said:
It is 270.1 rwhp not bhp.

270.1 x 1.12= 302.12hp

Actually the BHP is 270 and the RWHP usually is around 245 completely stock.
If anyone is making 270 horse at the wheels they have got a one of a kind. Check old posts for dyno figures and you will find that stock figures will be around 245 RWHP and with headers and exhaust around 260 RWHP.
Just FYI.

-David G.

DPG said:
Actually the BHP is 270 and the RWHP usually is around 245 completely stock.
If anyone is making 270 horse at the wheels they have got a one of a kind. Check old posts for dyno figures and you will find that stock figures will be around 245 RWHP and with headers and exhaust around 260 RWHP.
Just FYI.

270.1 rwhp is not stock. I wish :smile:

FYI, my baseline is 245 rwhp with Cantrell AIS and foam filter already installed, they are known to gain 5~7rwhp, so figure around 238~240rwhp bone stock.

238rwhp/.88= 270.45bhp, 100% dead on. not one of kind, just healthy.

The baseline before/after dyno runs were done on the same day.

nsxsupra said:

FYI, my baseline is 245 rwhp with Cantrell AIS and foam filter already installed, they are known to gain 5~7rwhp, so figure around 238~240rwhp bone stock.

Your car was made on Friday then. :biggrin:

I thought I should add my experience.
I've had the Taitec headers and GT LW for more than 6 months on my 91. I drove the car in all sorts of situations and my conclusions are

- the car is a lot quicker than before (I measured in-gear acceleration)
- the noise is awesome under all circumstances (from idle to WOT)
- noise is not too loud for me, just perfect
- I can hear no drone at all

and then...just for the measure I added an NSX-R six speed box...but that's another story :wink:

Mike

classic cars said:
I thought I should add my experience.
I've had the Taitec headers and GT LW for more than 6 months on my 91. I drove the car in all sorts of situations and my conclusions are

- the car is a lot quicker than before (I measured in-gear acceleration)
- the noise is awesome under all circumstances (from idle to WOT)
- noise is not too loud for me, just perfect
- I can hear no drone at all

and then...just for the measure I added an NSX-R six speed box...but that's another story :wink:

Mike

I wonder if the droning is only in those cars who have removed the cats? I'm expecting my Comptech Headers and GT LW exhaust to arrive here tomorrow! :smile: I also plan to leave the cats in the car. I should be able to give feedback in a day or two on this... with video of course!

and I also just bought a six speed... with the NSX-R final drive on the way! :biggrin:

AutoVation said:
I wonder if the droning is only in those cars who have removed the cats?

No, both mine and my friends droned with cats, but neither of us had headers.

NetViper said:
No, both mine and my friends droned with cats, but neither of us had headers.
I wonder if the headers "open the sound up" on the NSX?

I have the B&B on my 300zx. Before I installed down pipes (removing one set of cats), they droaned badly. After I removed them, the droaning was replaced by a throaty, raspy sound. Much, much better. It might be the same on with the Taitec LW also. I will put the exhaust on first and then the headers to see the sound difference.
-Tony

AutoVation said:
I will put the exhaust on first and then the headers to see the sound difference.
-Tony
Tony,

Are you going to get dyno results for your baseline, with exhaust, and exhaust + header?

I would love to find out the amount of hp gained from header after having exhaust already installed. Header is one of the next few items I would like to pick up + SOS stage II.

Good luck tomorrow and have fun :biggrin:

nsxsupra said:
Tony,

Are you going to get dyno results for your baseline, with exhaust, and exhaust + header?

I would love to find out the amount of hp gained from header after having exhaust already installed. Header is one of the next few items I would like to pick up + SOS stage II.

If they will cut me a deal on the dyno time I definitely want to do that.

nsxsupra said:
Tony,

Im planning on installing exhaust first, and then headers.
Ill dyno before and after for both items, and will post the results.

Only problem, is that I have a 97+ which is probably what you arent too interested in, and that its going to be a little while before I can get the parts, and dyno everything.

2NRWerks.com said:
I have the Center Exits and a friend has the Lightweight. We both have two very different sounding cars. The Lightweight with headers and straight pipes has a high pitch roar in VTEC. From 2K-5K sounds mean for the street, at WOT its an animal!

I don't want to plug that I have these in stock in this thread, so I won't :wink:

Hrm.
I just checked out your website and it didnt mention anything about Na1 or Na2 for the lightweight Taitec. Is the model you have in stock for the Na2 as well ? If so im interested in purchasing this piece from you. Please pm me with details to confirm.

Cory

Ponyboy said:
Did your GTLW gain weight in transit? The SOS website lists the exhaust's weight at 16.1lbs and my bathroom scale (which is highly accurate to +/- 15lbs) confirmed that figure. Maybe a typo or maybe we're talking about two different exhausts?

Nope! I saw the box and weight from SOS, but I actually weighed it with a Lab scale and it was 8.88KG or about 19.5 pounds. I have seen other weights listed on other sights for this exhaust too! So I don't know where the 16 pounds came from .

BH

2nrwerks website states that it weighs under 18lbs.

So... look what arrived today! :biggrin:
7119TAITEC1.JPG

Good packing job (lots of burlap bags to prevent damage)...
7119TAITEC2.JPG

Bubblewrap around the tips and plastic around the canister to prevent scratches from the burlap or other sources...
7119TAITEC3-med.JPG

So, the big question, HOW LIGHT IS IT? This should give a hint (I'm not all "that" strong, hee...hee.) :biggrin:
7119TAITEC4-med.JPG

Take a look at those welds!!!! I'm happy. :smile:
7119TAITEC5.JPG

Look at the hollow tubing for weight savings! I love it. :tongue:
7119TAITEC6.JPG

And now on to the scale. It weighs in at 17.5 lbs!!!!! Maybe 17.3-17.4... :biggrin:
7119TAITEC7.JPG

This Taitec LW is for a '91 NSX. I also zero'd out the scale before hand and weighed myself when I was holding it and not holding it. I didn't want to post pictures of my feet and lets say I now know the next area I'm looking at for weight savings! :cool:

Lookie what else arrived today!

Comptech headers from NOPI!
7119COMPTECH1.JPG

Unfortunately, the dyno's will have to wait a couple weeks... I'm off to Las Vegas for my bachelor party in under 48hours!!! :biggrin:

nsxsupra said:

Congrats! I'm glad you got the results you were looking for. Hmmm,... it does pay to come to meets. I gotta get to more.

W said:
Hmmm,... it does pay to come to meets. I gotta get to more.

Walter,

Thanks, Hope to see you in next meet on June 2nd.

Yes, it does pay to come to meets :biggrin:. Last meet greatly improved my overall nsx ownership experience.

Back