• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GTLW owners

That's pretty much how mine sounds.....but mines a tad louder with test pipes. :smile:

Pretty good representation - I just installed mine a few days ago with Random Tech CATS - it sounds great but it's a little loud in the cockpit of the car at RPM's lower than 2500K, after that it starts to smooth out to a nice tolerable level.

Stop and go traffic, you will be heard for half a mile up the street coming to the next light. :biggrin:

How would you compare the sound to, say, an ARK DT-S?

I got mine put on in the spring of 2007. Love it, best money I ever spent. You will appreciate the car that much more for it. It's never over-bearing and it has an exotic sound to it. That is a pretty good representation of it on that video you posted.

The SOS site says its only .5 out of 10 louder?

Headers and test pipes will make it closer to 9 out of 10 (10 being the loudest). The only thing I can think of louder, would be straight pipes all the way through, rated a 10 IMHO.

Headers and test pipes will make it closer to 9 out of 10 (10 being the loudest). The only thing I can think of louder, would be straight pipes all the way through, rated a 10 IMHO.

GTLW + TP the way to go. Too bad it does drown out the Supercharger though..

The car came with comptech headers and hks exhaust but I want something more aggressive and I think this will be the exhaust I get. Thanks for your input guys.

Rusted_Nailz,

That youtube video was what made me get the Taitec GT Lightweight exhaust on my former 91. Now I'm probably ordering it for my new 02...

The sound is great!

Usually I'm inside the car ... can't really tell:biggrin:. If that's how my car sound from the outside...:cool:

So header and sport cats make the exhaust even that much louder? ... makes me wonder if I want to replace the header and cat now.

Usually I'm inside the car ... can't really tell:biggrin:. If that's how my car sound from the outside...:cool:

So header and sport cats make the exhaust even that much louder? ... makes me wonder if I want to replace the header and cat now.

Loud? Yes, much louder. Your neighbors will hate you. Ask my neighbors. :)

Thanks. I guess now I'm seriously considering not to get the 'louder' upgrades:frown:
Right now its just about reasonable level. Maybe sport cat only:confused:

I'd say headers, skip the cats for now. Headers make HP and only increase sound slightly. Cats(hi-flow/test pipes) increase HP slightly, if any, and increase the sound drastically.

I'd say headers, skip the cats for now. Headers make HP and only increase sound slightly. Cats(hi-flow/test pipes) increase HP slightly, if any, and increase the sound drastically.

Ok. Thanks :smile: And I've been searching through the forum, some claimed headers also helps further reduce the 'drone' people hear on lower rpm.

On scales of 1 to 10, how would rate the increase in sound from adding:
1)high-flow cats

2)test pipes

+100

pretty good representation - i just installed mine a few days ago with random tech cats - it sounds great but it's a little loud in the cockpit of the car at rpm's lower than 2500k, after that it starts to smooth out to a nice tolerable level.

Stop and go traffic, you will be heard for half a mile up the street coming to the next light. :biggrin:

On scales of 1 to 10, how would rate the increase in sound from adding:
1)high-flow cats

2)test pipes

I have no experience with high flow cats. But I would assume it would be near as loud as test pipes.

GTLW- 7.5 out of 10
GTLW w/high flow cats- 8/8.5 (guess)
GTLW w/test pipes- 9/9.5
Straight Pipe- 10

I've heard a number of exhausts, my favorite would be the GT One 5.1(which I feel is equally as loud), then the GTLW, then the TAITEC JGTC Parallel, and then the ARK DT-S.

Disclaimer: Exhaust notes seem to vary with different headers as well.

Back