• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Techedge WB and Greddy e-manage

Installed the WB last night. Works well, big display, CHEAP, came in at $250 with sensor (had to build it myself, God I love a good challenge). I eliminated welding a extra bung on by eliminating the rear o2 sensor and doubling up the siginal to the front. No falt codes so I assume all is well. What I need now is to look at some fuel maps to figure out where to start. If you can post Tech 2/3 or the MBSC charts, that would be a big help cuz I have the RC 440's also. Thanks, Dan Tobie

The e-manage is has all the features you need to fine tune a modified car except a WB A/F input. The problem with a system like this is getting it operate with the ECU and not get fault codes. Greddy and I have worked out all the kinks except I can't adjust the timing due to a e-manage error code. They are optimistic they can fix it. We will see. If it works I will post all the hook up info. Dan

Dan,
Does the e-manage unit control all 6 injectors individually (sequentially like the stock ECU does), or does it drive all injectors in parallel (batch mode)? I was looking at the e-manange info on the Greddy web page and it seemed to suggest that it had only two injector outputs.

PS. I also have the WBO2 kit but have not built it yet!

Bryan Zublin

[This message has been edited by BryanZublin (edited 02 October 2002).]

Brian, it will support 6 (like the stock ecu) or two alternate injectors. Tuning is going well. After setting the OE and new injector size in the e-manage it figures a ratio to bias down the pulse so the idle is smooth. At WOT and 5 lb boost it was running 10.5 A/F but after figuring out the map adj. it is very easy to set at what ever you want. I have 12.5 right now. EGT is 710 and Gerry want's to pull 4 deg of timing off to get more egt to the turbo's when I get the timing glitch fixed. My final goal is 7psi and 800 deg egt at 12.5 afr. Can you get the Male Female connectors for the stock ecu A,B plugs. That would make instalation very easy. Dan

Back