• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanks to Cody of LoveFab!

I want extend my thanks to Cody “LOVEFAB” for giving me and my car a ride back to the South Points Hotel from the race track. During Sunday’s HPDE sessions I lost all but 2nd gear and reverse. This would have made for a long and slow trip back to the hotel, and the possibility of losing 2nd gear too along the way. I offered to buy Cody dinner, but he declined my offer in that he was happy to help out another NSX’er.

This is one of the reasons why I enjoy owning an NSX, the great people that drive them!

So, again thanks Cody!

PS: I also want to thank all those at the track who tried to help out with reading codes to determine the mechanical problems I was experiencing.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JeR3GbMOAd0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JeR3GbMOAd0?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fantastic. I hope your NSX is back to normal soon!!

My car is currently at Finlay Acura. The initial diagnosis is an electrical defect. The defective part (the name I cannot remember) will take up to five days to obtain. After Finlay replaces that part, they then will be able to determine if there are mechanical problems with the transmission. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the problem was only electrical.

Thsnks Frank,

It was a real treat getting to know Cody (and Crystal) at NSXPO. Approachable, fun to be around, went out of his way to get his and customers' cars to NSXPO after his truck lost a clutch in Trinidad, CO (and as far as I could tell kept a great attitude about it), etc. That he was happy to help Frank without so much as dinner in return fits the person I came to know.

Frank. I hope your car is fixed soon and without too much expense. It was fun meeting you at the track (I was the red car with OEM 1991 wheels next to you the second day).

Last edited:
My car is currently at Finlay Acura. The initial diagnosis is an electrical defect. The defective part (the name I cannot remember) will take up to five days to obtain. After Finlay replaces that part, they then will be able to determine if there are mechanical problems with the transmission. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the problem was only electrical.

Thsnks Frank,
Mario,
Sorry to hear about your car and hopefully it's just an electrical defect. I've seen 3 cars in the bay area with failed auto transmissions (that was why I sold my 96) and the repair costs were around $7K. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Mario, sorry to read your car decided it wanted a lift back to town. Hopefully this won't put you off track events, it was neat to see how much progress you made on Saturday. (I usually double check forums if I instruct at marque events just to make sure who ever I rode with had fun) It was great to see the smile on your face when you started passing a few cars in our final session. Hopefully it will just be an electrical gremlin and you'll be able to get you're car back quickly.

Tom Grossmann

Mario,
Sorry to hear about your car and hopefully it's just an electrical defect. I've seen 3 cars in the bay area with failed auto transmissions (that was why I sold my 96) and the repair costs were around $7K. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Thanks Phong, Yes, I have all fingers crossed!

Mario, sorry to read your car decided it wanted a lift back to town. Hopefully this won't put you off track events, it was neat to see how much progress you made on Saturday. (I usually double check forums if I instruct at marque events just to make sure who ever I rode with had fun) It was great to see the smile on your face when you started passing a few cars in our final session. Hopefully it will just be an electrical gremlin and you'll be able to get you're car back quickly.

Tom Grossmann

Thanks Tom! I sent you a PM. PM or E-mail me if you did not receive it.

Props to the LoveFab guys and the NSX community in general. I am not the most auto-technical guy but my ECU took a dive on the way back from Death Valley which made stopping or slowing down disturbing. At the time I didn't know what was going on, except that I had no power from 0-40 mph what so ever. During the banquet, Martin, my Team 5 folks, and Ramon all thought my ECU just needed to be reset. Next morning the SoS chap helped me out and all was good.

NSX community and friends saves the day!!! :biggrin:

Back