• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The longest Running SoCal NSX Drive is On!!

I read it thrice and I could not find a paypal address to send pmt to?

btw... paypal has a new "personal" option in which no pesky 3% fee is charged.

Unfortunately, all PP accounts that receive funds are charged fees. If you are a sender no fee is charged. Since we do not profit from these events, we request the participants incur the fees PP charges us. Thank you for your understanding.
CCNSX

PayPal Account Address has been added to the 1st post.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, all PP accounts that receive funds are charged fees. If you are a sender no fee is charged. Since we do not profit from these events, we request the participants incur the fees PP charges us. Thank you for your understanding.
CCNSX

PayPal Account Address has been added to the 1st post.
Even if you needed to charge extra for incidentals it's well worth it. Thanks very much for organizing this for us.

Last edited:
Re: The Longest Running SoCal NSX Drive is ON!!

Hey Steve,

I wouldn't worry about the DL part..... I'm just concerned that you won't meet the minimum height requirement! :tongue::biggrin:

Just kidding my friend!

HAHA, Zigityzing! You have yours coming my friend :eek:

Some silly questions have been asked and answered below :rolleyes:

Can I bring my S2000??? You can bring any car, as long as it's an NSX!

I am going to wait to pay, because my GF is in a mood right now Wait? It always gets SOLD OUT !!!!

I only want lunch and get a raffle ticket Please choose selections on the menu

Can't I just show up and hang out/go on the drive? This is a prepaid event with meeting locations and times sent to attendees who have paid in advance. Silly rabbit!!!

Great news!!! We are already halfway to guaranteeing us being able to kart. If we don't reach the magical number of 30 paid karters, we will have to find an alternate location just for lunch, as we certainly can't go to a karting place to eat lunch :biggrin:

Please READ THIS:
This event is being organized jointly by the members of the NSX Prime Website forums. The NSX Prime Website, and it's moderators, administrators, owners or officers have not in any way contributed to the organization or coordination of this event. I/WE assume all responsibility and risk associated with any and all activity, drive, course or gathering that I/WE participate in, and assume all responsibility, liability and capability to perform any and all activity or effort related to and/or associated with CalCoastalNSX Canyon Drive. I/WE expressly acknowledge that I/WE shall be engaging in potentially dangerous driving activities, and that, although we will make all efforts to ensure that proper safety procedures are practiced, NSXPrime and its members cannot and will not be responsible for the actions and non-actions of third parties, and cannot and will not be liable for the actions or non-actions of the undersigned(s).
I/WE acknowledge and agree that the terms outlined herein are contractual, and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, whether or not said activities, courses, or gatherings occur in California, and that the venue shall be in and around LA County, California.

Or, a more fun to read version: (courtesy of 9lb)
The CalCoastalNSX Canyon Drive (the “Event”)
is not a Motorsports or competition venue.
It is a leisurely group touring drive open exclusively to Acura
NSX vehicles. The Event will be conducted through some
of the most beautiful mountain roads in California, in
strict accordance with the California Vehicle Code and
all applicable traffic laws, as the Event is held
entirely on public roads. Unsafe driving or behavior
of any kind will be grounds for dismissal from the
Event, in which case, no refunds will be made.

The Event will take the form of an organized, guided
tour through the countryside, with a pre-paid group
lunch and karting. In consideration of receiving
permission from the organizers of this Event to participate,
the receipt of such permission being hereby acknowledged,
when qualified either as a driver, passenger,
spectator, life partner, or in any other capacity, the receipt of
such permission being also hereby acknowledged, the
undersigned hereby releases the NSXPRIME.COM,
the individual organizers of this event,
and their agents, officers, servants, volunteers, and
employees, of and from any and all liability, claims,
demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever,
arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or
injury, including death, that may be sustained by any
or each of the undersigned, or any property of any or
each of the undersigned, while participating in this
Event, or en route to or from this Event.

The undersigned being duly aware of the risks and
hazards inherent in group driving on mountainous,
twisty, nasty, narrow, wet, slippery, dusty, sandy
and/or undulating scenic country or other public
roads, and hereby elects voluntarily to enter this
Event(while being drug and alcohol free), knowing their
present condition and knowing that said condition may
become more hazardous and dangerous during the time
that any of the undersigned are participating in this Event.
The undersigned hereby voluntarily assumes all risks of loss,
damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by
the undersigned, or any property of the undersigned in
connection with this Event.
This release shall be binding upon the distributees,
heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and
personal representatives the undersigned. In signing
the foregoing release, the undersigned hereby
acknowledges and represents: (a.) That he [or she] has
read the foregoing release, understands it, and signs
it voluntarily; (b.) That he [or she] holds a valid
state-issued driver’s license, is over eighteen (18)
years of age and of sound mind; (c.) That he [or she] is
neither an agent, servant, volunteer, or employee of
the organizers of this Event; (d.) That he (or she) fully
understands and agrees to abide by the rules set forth
for this Event, as amended by its organizers from time
to time.

Update:

We have DROPPED the age requirement to race. So there is no longer a minimum age, there is a height requirement set by the venue of 52". Please be aware that if the person is under 18 and has never karted they my have problems on the track. This endurance race will be a very intense 90 minutes and as you may have guessed this is a very competitive group.

CCNSX

Last edited:
Update:

We have DROPPED the age requirement to race. So there is no longer a minimum age, there is a height requirement set by the venue of 52". Please be aware that if the person is under 18 and has never karted they my have problems on the track. This endurance race will be a very intense 90 minutes and as you may have guessed this is a very competitive group.

CCNSX

I can only do the Kart event, sign me and Mindy up.

Thanks for the call John

Unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from this awesome event. Other plans came up that took priority over this…… :mad:

Please remove my name from the list…. :frown:

Woo Hoo, I think I will be able to make it this time. I will pay to be on the karting wait list.

Thanks

not sure if this is the list I should be adding myself onto...

1. spike236 +1 (Ryan H.)
2. NSX-Ster (Mark S.)
3. ediddynsx +1 (Eddie)
4. cdx_nsx (Graeme)
5. Gruppe M USA (Alex)
6. lazynok (Nokoni)
7. MarineNSX93 (Michael)
8. Theo1 +1 (Ted)
9. mcano (Mario)
10. SexyRed (Danny)
11. KJ5000+1
12. MIKE2LA + 1
13. JCC (JC)
14. NSXrunner
15. NSXclear + 1 (Ethan)
16. striker525 +1 (RON)
17. Ace Wingtip +1
18. Ryneen +1 (Ryan R.)
20. Mike-san _1 (Mike)
21. Maverick96
22. RQNSX
23. HGL1668 (Hugo)

Last edited:
2nd Chance

OK all you slackers / procrastinators who didn't get on the list. Here is your second opportunity to go on the drive. We have reached our limit of 30 kart racers, so here's the deal - we will take up to 15 more cars to participate in the drive, once that number is reached the drive is completely closed to additional participants.

Scott (ss_md) came up with this idea (so blame him if you don't like it - hahaha).
You can now go on the drive by paying the lunch fee for you and your passenger, if you have one, plus one of the following:
1. Donate three (3) unwrapped toys valued at $10.00 or more for the USMC "Toys 4 Tots" campaign. You must bring the toys to the South Coast Acura meet on the 2nd of December or make arrangement with ss_md (Scott).
OR
2. Make a separate payment for a donation of $31.17 ($1.17 PayPal Fee) through PayPal for either "Toys 4 Tots*" or a local food bank (you specify). Do NOT combine with the "Lunch Fee"

NOTE: If you sign up for this and we do not receive your donation you will not be sent the start location on the 4th of December and you will not receive a refund for lunch per the refund policy.

FAQ

I cannot make the drive or I no longer have my NSX, can I come to watch the race and have lunch?
Of course, just pay for lunch and make the appropriate donation.

How did you come up with the dollar amount for the donation?
It was a multiple of 10 and less than the cost of the kart racing.

CCNSX is charging for the drive?
No, we are collecting donations from a group that is able to afford a luxury like the NSX, then we are giving those donations to the less fortunate during this extended and rough recession.

Can I get a refund for the karting and resign up for the donation package?
NO, if you cancel and request a refund for the karting we will not accept another payment from you for this event. You can find someone that wants to race and swap with them. This is solely on your own, CCNSX will NOT find a substitute for you.

Can I donate one toy worth $30.00?
No,please follow the parameters, we would like as many >$10.00 toys so more children receive toys.

Will I get a raffle ticket for the donation?
Each driver who has paid for lunch and donated will receive ONE (1) raffle ticket.

I already paid for the karting and want to donate can I get an addition raffle ticket?
For every TWO (2) you donate you will receive ONE (1) additional raffle ticket.

What happens to my lunch money if I don't show up for the drive?

The money will be donated to a local food bank of our choice.

Last edited:
I will be checking with the transmission shop on Tuesday. If my car will be ready by Friday, I'll make my payment by Papal and turn in my forms and gifts at the Thursday Mtg at South Coast Acura. I have my car up for sale, so this may be the last time that I will be able to participate with my NSX friends for awhile, or until I can get a job and then find another NSX.

Best,

Mario

Can we get the latest list for those who are ready to go...I paid and mailed the paperwork. I just wanted to be sure everything made it...Looking forward to a fun day! Wirewizz (John)

Back