• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The LoveFab LF600 Complete Package, A Real-time Documentation

- - - Updated - - -

I had forgotten that we had some preliminary data from Ron's car earlier. Same cams, but 14% displacement increase. Basically, his spool times dropped 14%, his torque increased more than 14%, though that's likely because the turbo is in the "sweet spot" sooner, and the engine is more efficient. Hard to say how much the cams are helping. I do know the $7500 price tag of a cam package likely isn't worth it; at least to me.

You were looking at an arc for too long if you think I paid that kind of money for cams....lol. They were $1850+cores....big difference.

Ok.....I forgot about the cam gears. So all in on a complete build it would add around $4k......still kinda steep.

I wrapped up Dan's WOFI exhaust system yesterday and drove the car home. It. Feels. AWESOME!

Time to fixture the new components, and then the car is ready for delivery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394452280365.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394452280365.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 107
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394452299341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394452299341.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 159
I love how "modular" our systems are. This was unbolted from Dan's car in about 15 minutes. It would install on another NSX in about 20minutes*cough*NA1MT's*cough*

Its apart for fixturing. I'm happy with the results from street testing, and it will be below 0°F the next few days. I'm taking advantage of that to get some work done, and possibly test the setup on the LF1200S Stroker motor....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394579342057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394579342057.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Dan's NSX goes back on the dyno tomorrow for final numbers. I have completed street tuning, including a three-crank perfect startup in 15degF temperatures. The engine now has about 200 miles on it, all great miles. I deliver Dan's car this weekend, and a little birdy says I have something special waiting for me at Dan's house. Hmmm......

Jersey update: about 150 miles of street tuning and use. Again, 15degF successful startups. Sorry Ron, your tires are no longer new. Blame your 3.45L of displacement, as even at just 12psi, they don't stand a chance. Boohoo....haha.

1912353_629433697109671_1975109761_n.jpg

And I've gotten Alex's LF800 block together. It is a THING OF BEAUTY.

10003995_630311503688557_1161116062_n.jpg

Due to the Jersey car's outrageous torque numbers and drivability, it looks like we have several more Stroker builds in the pipeline. I'll start more build threads as they begin.

And Dan's car is complete!!! It's a bit warmer today up here, so the numbers didn't hit what I wanted to. No matter, at 16psi on a conservative tune, we hit:

1167110_631269160259458_1920842757_o.jpg

I compared Dan's new numbers with the Angus kit running at 7.5psi, and you can obviously see the difference in power. Also, spool time was reduced by several hundred rpm, even while hitting 16psi. We have to reassemble the interior, detail the car, and we head out bright and early Saturday morning to delivery Saturday night.

Would've posted last night, but was exhausted after a 23 hour day.

Dans car is home!

uploadfromtaptalk1395570524107.jpg

Wait....what is that in the background.... another NSX? Why, yes it is, a beautiful 1991 from Canada.

And this is my to-do list. 3.45L Stroker. Twin scroll GTX4088 turbo.

We will call this the Crazy Canadian #1! Build thread starts Monday.... why #1? You'll have to wait and see....

For now, Dan likes his LoveFab-built monster of an NSX. Celebratory beer after the first drive.... NSXuploadfromtaptalk1395570859537.jpg

Cody, what is the conclusion?

TwinScroll better than normal?

Can owners already with the previous version justify upgrading? or is it not really worth it?

If it's better, why?

Hey Guys!
I just wanted to thank everyone for following my build (pretty cool) It was a risky thread to start on Cody’s part but he’s very well respected in the NSX community and the auto industry. If you're looking to upgrade to a turbo, hands down talk with Cody at LoveFab he's very professional and the customer service is bar none! I started out as a customer at LoveFab and we ended up as friends, that’s Cody! In upstate New York the weather’s finally starting to break. The car's ridiculously awesome! My goal was to be at 550 rwhp and Cody nailed it. Every time I’m in the cockpit there’s a smile from ear to ear, Priceless! One of the best upgrade for my budget! Thank you Cody! I’ll have some videos coming soon. Enjoy.

Last edited:
This is amazing reading ~ I never knew there was so much involved to these builds. I can attest to the difficulty of building motors in general and Cody makes it sound like a walk in the park. Very impressive with such great updates.

Why 3.45L for the stroker instead of straight up 3.5L? Surely you have to re-sleeve either way?

Why 3.45L for the stroker instead of straight up 3.5L? Surely you have to re-sleeve either way?

A 93mm bore works out to 3.45L with the BC stroker kit that we use in our builds. I don't like going larger than 93mm because of headgasket holding capabilities, I would rather have as much headgasket surface as possible than going 94mm and hitting the magical "3.5". When you have less than 10mm to work with between cylinders, ever mm counts.

Back