• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Regret thread

I am regretting buying a car that used to be supercharged, with no maintenance history...

FI is touchy enough. Formerly-FI is a whole other can of worms.

I am committed to this car now and will see through making it perfect, but the road ahead is long...
My car was supercharged at one point in time and was removed prior to my purchase. Took it to Shad/Driving Ambition and he sorted things out and then some :wink: Turned out he was familiar with the car and got in touch with the original owner (I'm 3rd) and was better able to diagnose all its issues. I strongly recommend taking it over to Shad if you are having these kind of issues. He wrote the book on our cars.

My regret: Waiting so long before purchase and waisting time and money on lesser cars. Should have bought one 20 years ago.

The best way to avoid regrets about purchasing a NSX is to get a good PPI.

It should be in writing and address the major components and sections of the car. Photos should also be included if they can be used to illustrate the findings.

The prospective owner need not be present. Personally I believe they will get a better PPI if they are not present.

JMHO.

GOD DAMN IT! why did you have to say this? OK, im a little peaved because my car is for sale and I keep thinking "is this a mistake" "should I keep it" and then I read your biggest regret is that you sold yours?????

I don't know if I can sell mine - I have sellers remorse and I haven't even struck a deal yet. This is the best car I ever owned. It makes me happy, It makes bad days good. It feels right, its comfy -

I gotta rethink this sale asap - take this in the funniest and light hearted - - thank you and F*ck you!, simultaneously, from the bottom of my heart - Im so confused what to do! :'(

J

I battled the same thing recently. I put mine up for sale and the offers were flooding in and reality hit that eventually one of them would be it and I pulled it off. It sucks as it will always having a target on its back as the least sensible thing in the household, but I can't bring myself to letting it go just yet.

I regret not getting my early NSX as a manual, but hey it had way low miles and was significantly more affordable than the equivalent manual. That said, I did miss it (another regret) after I sold it on, so much so that I recently purchased an '03 manual.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

After 1 year of ownership (today!) I have no regrets so far.

My regret: Waiting so long before purchase and waisting time and money on lesser cars. Should have bought one 20 years ago.

Ditto!!!

Installing Dali sway bars on my car with NSX-R suspension. A couple days later I reverted back to the stock Honda bars.

Why is that? I've been wanting to add a set of stiffer sway bars after driving mine (OEM stock) and then my friend's (w/ upgraded sway bars).

I LOVE the sharper turn cuts...wanna sell the ones you just took off your car?

I regret not getting one years ago like others have said. wasted money on all the other cars LOL

and I regret not investing in Bitcoin LOL

I regret getting the NSX-R pedal set. Had I known how difficult and messy it was to install the gas pedal cover, I would have gotten the Autovation set.

I regret waiting so long to buy one (should have bought it years ago and enjoyed it longer!!).....
I regret not investigating the invoices presented to me when buying the car.....
I regret not being single while owning an NSX!...
I regret not spending 1 more night in NY when buying it so I could have had Larry B do a more thorough PPI (only had enough time to "swing" through between his appointments).

That's too many regrets for only owning it 5 months.

(oh and I probably spent $2500+ on car cleaning products already: master blaster, cr spotless water system, 3 hoses, foam guns, STACKS of microfiber towels, 3 details - 1 was a full paint correction with opti coat, dr. colorchip, a portercable DA with ALLLLL the fixins, and MULTIPLE random purchases from amazon or the local detailer depot for things like soaps/sprays/cleaners/mits/buckets/grit guards/etc)

Regrets:

#1 Losing my virginity before seeing my first NSX in person. I wish it had been the other way around.
#2 Waiting another 10 years before owning one.

owning it for 3 years and, only putting 2k miles on it in the past 18 months. oh yeah, and not using it like it was meant to be used. I took it to the track for the first time this weekend, and wow.

I battled the same thing recently. I put mine up for sale and the offers were flooding in and reality hit that eventually one of them would be it and I pulled it off. It sucks as it will always having a target on its back as the least sensible thing in the household, but I can't bring myself to letting it go just yet.

Hey Steve,
I was shocked when Adam told me you were thinking about selling recently ... glad you pulled it off the market!

-Tyler

Hey Steve,
I was shocked when Adam told me you were thinking about selling recently ... glad you pulled it off the market!

-Tyler

That post was from a previous time I had considered... This time around it's definitely not going to be around much longer. A gentleman is flying in on Sunday and if he passes there's a decent sized list of folks on standby... Welcome back to the states though, you literally just missed expo.

On a side note, what's with all of the Dali slander? He was always my go-to vendor and I have nothing but great things to say about his customer service.

Not slander, fact. He has been good about taking money for products that he doesn't deliver on and will refuse to respond to numerous attempts to either get the money back or the product delivered. I needed to get the bank involved to get my money back.

That post was from a previous time I had considered... This time around it's definitely not going to be around much longer. A gentleman is flying in on Sunday and if he passes there's a decent sized list of folks on standby... Welcome back to the states though, you literally just missed expo.

On a side note, what's with all of the Dali slander? He was always my go-to vendor and I have nothing but great things to say about his customer service.

from everything I've read it seems he has his "on" periods and his "off" periods, if you're unlucky and place your order in an "off" period then it can be a long wait/bad communication while you wait for your parts.

Shame as his prices are great & I would like to one day order a set of RPF1s from him...

from everything I've read it seems he has his "on" periods and his "off" periods, if you're unlucky and place your order in an "off" period then it can be a long wait/bad communication while you wait for your parts.

Shame as his prices are great & I would like to one day order a set of RPF1s from him...
Get them from Tire Rack, great prices and service, no problems!!!

Back