• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

That was the best race since many years by far (regradless who has won it)! And it didn't to be raining for the spectacle.

Poor Charles but his first victory is just a matter of time. It was a racing (the fans like to see).

Verstappen did not give room and hip checked Leclerc to get by.
It was Leclerc hitting Verstappen, not the other way round.

Racing is no charity event, it's fighting against each other. :)

Right, but the rule says the driver on the inside has to give a lanes width room. I think the rule is poor.

Verstappen didn’t give LeClerc any room on the outside, and LeClerc stayed in his lane and they did collide.

Is it a case of no harm, no foul? But is a rule applied inconsistently a good rule?

I believe Verstappen earned the win, and don’t like the rule.

As I said, F1 has painted themselves into a corner.

Best race I've seen in awhile. Hope Verstappen keeps the win, though I would prefer to see a win without the wheel banging.
H-

But is a rule applied inconsistently a good rule?
There's the problem. There are too many rules and the decisions are not consistently made. It's kindergarden, not racing. Let them race.

The news did not report mainly about the fanatastic racing we've seen with various drivers contributing to it. Their headline was/will be tomorrow: Verstappen wins GP but his win is under investigation by some silly stewarts.

Now, THAT is racing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6H0MktrOg
Under the kindergarden rules of the actual F1, both Villeneuve and Arnoux would have been fined, pushing each other off the track and for dangerous driving. And that was the aera of F1 where a crash was most likely fatal.

Verstappen keeps his race win, the stewards decided.

And so he should ... Charles turned ‘out’ of the corner before then trying to make the corner .. game over.

Best F1 race for some time, great opening laps, some fabulous comeback drives, many mid field battles that the cameras followed, then the final 10 laps to keep us all on the edge of our seats ... may we see many more like this throughout the season ...

And Congratulations to Honda! They always said it was a 5 yr plan and in their 5th year back in F1 they land a victory ... given the straight line ability of the Mclaren with the Renault in the back, I wonder if they are wishing behind closed doors they had been more professional ... still, even with Renault, a great result for Woking

And Congratulations to Honda! They always said it was a 5 yr plan and in their 5th year back in F1 they land a victory ... given the straight line ability of the Mclaren with the Renault in the back, I wonder if they are wishing behind closed doors they had been more professional ... still, even with Renault, a great result for Woking
Very well done by Red Bull and Honda! They took the risk by boosting the engine even more for the last 15 laps and it payed out.
The 2nd stint of Verstappen was out of this world.

James Key seems to be the uplifting factor, also seen before at Sauber and Toro Rosso.

Great racing....I would guess that Honda had the boost up to maximum for these last laps, as the Ferrari is fast on the straight line. Fell sorry for Charles, as he drove a faultless race.
This is what F1 racing should be, not like the French GP.

GB next, Lewis and Merc have own this track in the passed.

Bram

Funny stuff. The F1 official web site just announced that Kubica was wrongly named “Driver of the Day” after the Austrian GP. The guy was lapped three times including once by his team mate!

Funny stuff. The F1 official web site just announced that Kubica was wrongly named “Driver of the Day” after the Austrian GP. The guy was lapped three times including once by his team mate!

Sounds about right. Bernie E must be rolling over in his grave! Current F1 Mgmt is making NASCAR mgmt seem legit and organized. It’s becoming a shoot show.

Maybe Bernie will rise again and buy the sport back and at least not reward 3 laps down.

Bernie E is dead:confused:.......Yea Honda!!! Max is maturing.....Leclerc had the option to back out of that corner knowing that 2 cars can not exist in the same space....his tires were not as grippy as Max.....besides Max had enough time and pace to pass at another point before race end so even if he yielded at the first he still would have won....perfect weekend for all those in Orange...

Ha Ha he may also want the grid boys back ala Monaco....

Another highlight this year, no rain needed. :)

Funny remark of Leclerc saying that he thought about Austria while defending against Verstappen. That's what we want to see, hard racing.

Vettel took the incident on his own account.

High speed track and RBH was definitely faster than Ferrari,like this.
It was meant to be Lewis win, in my opinion situation was for WSC not for SC but...
Valteri did some good defensive moves ,Lewis was faster but again we see how dificult is to overtake.
Max good as always but Seb steal luck today,much better performance for Gasly.
Merc cars out reach for rest.

Surely my favorite race of the season so far.
Everyone, except Seb, drove really well.
H-

Back