• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Where was the 'new' Bottas this week?
Tough conditions and the cream rose to the top... Leclerc is still going to win the DC this year.

Very funny!
H-

Lewis and Vettel will be on the front row.
Not sure on who will be on pole, but my hope is Lewis.

H-

I went back and watched Leclerc’s performance last year at every race, i personally have no doubt the guy has championship ability. It may be a little premature to see him on top this year, but I have no doubt this kid will do real well at a few races. I will be watching him closely starting this weekend. LH is still the one to beat.

Mercedes front row.
Gonna be a fun race!
H-

Not sure about this race but the last one was boring with all the drivers saving their tires...

What Bram said /\.
H-

The Chinese GP on the other hand was boring, after the first lap.....
The race today was much more entertaining:
- newer saw two spins on the warm-up lap (Verstappen, Kubica)
- Torpedo-Kwjat bowling out two McLarens at once
- Albon
- Raikkönen
- Verstappen
- Gasly's late pit stop for the fastest lap which was the first one ever this year we see it. In the first two races, the drivers were forbidden to do a final last lap or an extra pit stop by their teams.
- Ferrari doubtful strategy

The only 'boring' fact is that Mercedes was out of reach and Ferrari raced against Red Bull for the remaining points.

Well, fellas. It is time for the most interesting, in a total hillbilly area race of the year.

How many laps will we see under caution (safety car) whilst the course workers in shorts, tee shirts and flip flops try to figure out how to lift a wrecked car onto a roll back?

How many cars will the "torpedo" eliminate this week?

Will Ferrari finally show up?

Well...I'll bite

10 -15 Lap under Caution (Vettel will be playing bumper cars with Max)
4 Cars, all the new Guys, expect Charles
Charles will show up with his Ferrari. however, the Ferrari Bosses will ask him to slow down....again!

My take...Bra,

Leclerc dominated the Baku 2017 F2 race, winning the champioship just days after his dad and mentor passed away. The kid is determined and will now be helped by both the Italian press and F management pushing the team to let him race. I am with the kid this year; he will challenge LH.

Last edited:
I agree with you both that he is not up to Lewis’s level of maturity and experience. He is indeed an F1 rookie with a natural talent and a cool head but i think he will challenge Lewis and make it a little more enjoyable for us to watch than Seb’s attempts. It is still Lewis’s championship to lose.

The Ferrari's are fast, with Leclerc leading the way. The race will be different, and hopefully Ferrari can be reliable and the team can bring home victory. I suspect this season may be the changing of the guard at Ferrari with Leclerc becoming the lead driver. It is a shame a Vettel has been a great driver, who in the last couple of years has made some driving errors. My feeling is he was carrying the car more than he should have, but such is the way it goes.

Red Bull is only loosing 0.2 seconds on the very long straights against Ferrari. So the new power units seem to be a step forward.

classic baku......loose man hole covers and as a final insult to Claire....splattered hydrolic oil all over the car....oops low bridge....

classic baku......loose man hole covers and as a final insult to Claire....splattered hydrolic oil all over the car....oops low bridge....

Yep.
Qualifying already running late because of crashes at castle corner. Good to see course workers in uniform coveralls this year. They still don’t seem to know what they are doing, but they can be spotted.

Back