• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Parking his car at the pit entrance? Or swapping the 1 and 2 signs? Or both or something else? I turned off the radio before the end. And watched a little bit in fast forward.
My DVR quit recording when Vettel came to a stop at pit road. Did he leave his car there intentionally? (I am curious what his reasoning was.)Also, Solidol...racingfor.me is by invite only...care to share some insight on how one might gain access?

My DVR quit recording when Vettel came to a stop at pit road. Did he leave his car there intentionally? (I am curious what his reasoning was.)Also, Solidol...racingfor.me is by invite only...care to share some insight on how one might gain access?

He left his car there, but watching in ff on my dvr it almost seemed as he lost the fire / was told to stop there by the guy with the cone.

It seems as it that's the case. But why should we read any comments of the designated 'one hit wonder' of 2016?

True. But the sky sports guys drool over him like he is a 9 time champion. Then again, most of their color guys are British former racers, not necessarily world champion racers, but racers.

I remember David Hobbs commenting about the British not liking Michael Schumacher because he was German. Maybe the sky sports have that same bias about Vettel. The whole Rosberg being German while his old man was Finnish maybe gives him a break with the sky sports.

Same here.....I never like Schue, because of his un-sportsman behavior over the year.

1997 WC race, where he turned into JV turned my mind, and the previous year incident with Hill.

Bram

True. But the sky sports guys drool over him like he is a 9 time champion. Then again, most of their color guys are British former racers, not necessarily world champion racers, but racers.

I remember David Hobbs commenting about the British not liking Michael Schumacher because he was German. Maybe the sky sports have that same bias about Vettel. The whole Rosberg being German while his old man was Finnish maybe gives him a break with the sky sports.
They all tend to exaggerate and controversal talk is good for the business. And if they need a different point of view they know who to ask. But the other question is if people should listen to these 'experts'. :) I'm always watching two channels during the race, just to be able to switch to the other one if the current channel is getting 'weird'. Another kind of fun during football games, for example England against Germany. Whenever Germany gets a goal by the English team I switch to the German channel to hear their reaction, call it malicious joy. :D

Rosberg is a well-respected cosmopolite who mainly grew up in Monaco in a very well protected environment. The conspiracy theory of his win in Monaco 2016 (where Hamiltion also reacted very disappointed, similar to Vettel) was that Merc wanted Rosberg to have dinner with the prince of Monaco. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9UUzjZ7nAI The other theory is that Merc had to hold Hamilton back during 2016 so Rosberg could win the CS and to have a 'German' WC for their marketing. What is a WC worth if you're preordained to win it? 2016: Rosberg 385 points, Hamilton 380 points. I don't listen to what he's saying.

Nothing against Rosberg, he's a good average driver but everybody could win it in a Merc. But he's also quite far away from the average F1 spectator. Or if you compare to the old days with Nigel Mansell etc.

What I would really like to see is the best two drivers out there in one team, like Hamiltion versus Verstappen in a Red Bull because the Red Bull team lets them drive against each other while Merc and esp. Ferrari has a long story of favoring one driver over the other water bearer.

Same here.....I never like Schue, because of his un-sportsman behavior over the year.

1997 WC race, where he turned into JV turned my mind, and the previous year incident with Hill.

Bram

I agree whole-heartedly.
Not to mention Senna taking out Prost in Japan.
I believe Prost to be the best F1 driver (before Hamilton).
H-

Last edited:
...the Red Bull team lets them drive against each other ...

My coworker once asked me why the Red Bulls always fight each other and I told him their logo is two actual red bulls fighting each other.

red-bull-logo-379EC9059E-seeklogo.com.png

Last edited:
^ Let's have a review when you finish reading it all next week. : - )
H-

I was there in 1984. Amazing track, beautiful surroundings, fast and dangerous at the time (Mark Donahue died there). Should not be boring since it is open to overtaking.....hopefully.

Yeah, the way the grid has shaken out it will be a very interesting race (for once).
H-

Ferrari on soft tires against the rest on medium tires in even hotter climate on Sunday will be interesting.
Also, the cerbs are killing the front wings.

Should be an epic race.....Grid is a bit mixed up, but that is what makes F1 exciting Eh?

Lets see how much front wong changes there will be during the race.....Lewis, still is looking good, based on Tire choice.

Bram

Back