• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

That awesome name though, right?
SF1000

My friend joked about going from SF90 to SF1000, "no time for 100 around here".

That awesome name though, right?
SF1000

My friend joked about going from SF90 to SF1000, "no time for 100 around here".

reminds me of after i sold my honda XLR 200 someone told me years later that the new owner painted another 0.....big dawg running around in a 2 liter enduro:eek:

Last edited:
Is the new Merc adjustable camber a “legal” piece of engineering? If so, how long will it take to reverse engineer by the other teams?

The dual axis steering is legal but will be banned in 2021. I'm sure the other teams are already drawing it up...

I think the bigger question will be which if any teams deem it cost effective to even attempt to reverse engineer/recreate? It's already been deemed illegal for 2021 which means a team would have to dump potentially quite a bit of money into a system that can only be used for 1 season and there really is no data yet to determine just how beneficial or advantageous such a system is. My guess is no team will see a cost benefit to doing something similar UNLESS they already had been developing something like it. My $.02.

You gotta admit that M-B's adjustable-on-the-fly-toe is a stroke of genius.
H-

Last edited:
The Merc team, seem to throw everything a curve ball, with this innovation. I'm sure we'll learn more about the DAS and how it works in the next couple of weeks
Apparently Merc has been working on this system for over a year now. I don't believe it would be easy to develop....any one remember the double diffuser on the 2009 Brawn?

Bram

F1 has becoming more interesting to me as I learn more about the sport especially after watch the Netflix series drive to survive.

Will Redbull have a chance this year with the Honda engine against Mercedes and Ferrari? Is Honda thinking about making a come back into F1?

I know it is very difficult to tell but I think RB are going to be a big surprise in Melbourne. I'm sure all top teams were sandbagging to a certain extent, can't wait to see!

what is Hulk doing for this year?

Back