• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

don't forget Rush....

That hurts bad...........

Oh my.
So sad to see.
H-

So... at least we got to see testing.... lol.

I think it was inevitable that races were going to get cancelled/postponed, and a lot of them at that.

The virtual racing was very meh and barely entertaining.
I guess a big thing is that most of the actual drivers did not participate, whereas you have other virtual race series with full participation.

Sorry to you guys that had tickets to upcoming races/especially [MENTION=26144]NZNick[/MENTION] for getting last minute, after the fact notice of the cancellation when you had already made the trip.

Thanks - we had a nice week despite the lack of F1 action - meeting friends for dinner a couple of times, plus saw New Order in concert, something that I probably won't get to do again for a long time - if ever!

Last edited:
Thanks - we had a nice week despite the lack of F1 action - meeting friends for dinner a couple of times, plus saw New Order in concert, something that I probably won't get to do again fir a long time - if ever!
That's good!

Did you get any kind of refund/compensation for the race cancellation?
I thought I saw/read somewhere that ticket holders to cancelled races were going to get full refunds.

We're still waiting for a refund.

Hey Roman, you were planning on Vietnam, correct?
Did you initiate a refund, or did F1 reach out to/contact you in regards to the race (since it's technically postponed at the moment, and not completely cancelled)?

Hey Roman, you were planning on Vietnam, correct?
Did you initiate a refund, or did F1 reach out to/contact you in regards to the race (since it's technically postponed at the moment, and not completely cancelled)?

I have tickets to both Dutch and Spanish GP's...only correspondence that has come for those so far is that F1 is working with the race organizers to determine the path forward and then will advise us of our options. That was a few weeks ago. Worth noting that as of right now both races are "postponed" and not cancelled.

Last edited:
Found the answer, lol.

In case you do not wish to receive new tickets: it is important to us that all our customers are satisfied and supported during this difficult time. Once our New Date is announced and you do not wish or are not able to continue with your Formula 1 VinFast Vietnam Grand Prix 2020 purchase, we will begin processing requests for refunds. You will be able to leave your information in this link after which, we will contact you regarding the new date confirmation and process your request.

Last edited:
Yes - we have received a full refund for the ticket cost (less booking fee) back to our credit card. There is a difference between what we paid out in NZ$ and what we received back, but that is due to exchange rate fluctuations which sadly are not beneficial...

Last edited:
Lol the owners of F! are pretty savvy...they are likely using currency arbitrage to lesson the blow....

Found the answer, lol.

In case you do not wish to receive new tickets: it is important to us that all our customers are satisfied and supported during this difficult time. Once our New Date is announced and you do not wish or are not able to continue with your Formula 1 VinFast Vietnam Grand Prix 2020 purchase, we will begin processing requests for refunds. You will be able to leave your information in this link after which, we will contact you regarding the new date confirmation and process your request.

Thanks for sharing, sorry for the late response. Where did you source that link from?

Last edited:
Yes - we have received a full refund for the ticket cost (less booking fee) back to our credit card. There is a difference between what we paid out in NZ$ and what we received back, but that is due to exchange rate fluctuations which sadly are not beneficial...
That's good! Understandable on the exchange rate, but better than nothing.

Thanks for sharing, sorry for the late response. Where did you source that link from?
https://www.f1vietnamgp.com/news/f1-vietnam-grand-prix/postponement-update-2-p221

I would watch computer-racing if they were mic'd and virtual racing each other from various simulators.

F1 app is working but not formula1.com.
I watched sim. Australian race live on Youtube yesterday. Was pleasantly surprised at the quality and simulation. I was not expecting to be entertained. Charlot won and Jenson did not do too badly.

Back