• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2020 F1 Thread

Bottas also gets the short end,,,Ric got the long end...

"They" always say: "that's one for the record books."
This time it's true.
Wonderful drive Lewis!
H-

Outstanding performance by Lewis. Truly one of the greats. As for Bottas, he is the like the olympic gold medalist shooter who misses most of his shots when at war....

100 % Agreed....What a drive by Lewis....lapping his Teammate! wow.

Bram

LH has that special gift of feel for the car and tires....Turkey punished the hard pedal pushers.....I think Bottox had a wounded car from his many offs.I hope cheko gets a seat next year...I'm surprised alfa is committed to its current drivers.

low grip was an equalizer...also the old guys have the smoooothness to keep it on the black stuff..

Horror crash for Romain Grosjean. He went to the right pretty eagerly while not being fully ahead of Kwjat.

Absolutely amazing that Grosjean suffered only (relatively) minor injuries. It reminded me of Dan Wheldon’s fatal crash in the sense the car went into the movable barrier. Thankfully not as fast and the halo certainly helped.
I’m interested to see what / how the barriers are changed by next week’s race.

Absolutely amazing that Grosjean suffered only (relatively) minor injuries. Thankfully not as fast and the halo certainly helped.
I’m interested to see what / how the barriers are changed by next week’s race.

This time halo and drivers equipment really saved a life.

Definitely the worst F1 crash I've ever seen. F1's safety and design standards saved Grosjean's life. Surprised his injuries were so minor.
H-

It was as if he was birthed from fire....He got himself out:eek:...I'm thinking that although the metal barriers absorbed some of the energy the cars are like spears, and his front half got lodged between the horizontal components and the rear then separated from the front .If they keep those fences they need at least the large water barrels in front.
What does our collective think about the fact that the most carnage in F1 is at the start/1st lap or restarts? Should something be changed in that ?

Last edited:
Back