• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Very Remote And Winding Hwy 25 Nsx Run - 3/29/08

Hi Jack and Yolanda,

Just a quick question about the duration of the trip, are we expecting to be back in San Jose around 4:00? just want to make sure I will be able to make it back on time with another commitment at 5:00.

Thanks for setting it up,

-Nat

We shouldn't be leaving any later than about 1:30 PM from Harris Ranch which should put you back in Hollister at 3:30-4:00 PM tops. If that is cutting it too close, you can always have lunch and head back up Hwy 5. Hope you can still make it.

Jack

i've done this run numerous times before on my honda RC51 years ago and it's an absolutely beautiful drive especially when you're getting close to coalinga...long smooth, high speed corners. it's a work of beauty. can't wait to see all of you guys again, i've been mia.

Mine is the VHF version, so it won't work out. I can't find a UHF 2 way radio anywhere except on-line.

According to your link you supplied:

Radio System Type
UHF

Channels
1 Channels

Power
2 watts

Frequency Range
461-470

All,

Please consider getting the 5 watt units instead. They are much better than the 2 watt units in terms of clarity and distance.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if one in the group is using a 2 watt unit, it renders all the 5 watt users to operate at 2 watts?

Steve

I have a different model Motorola "V" VHF. It won't work. No ones sells UHF except on line. I think. It's okay, I'll just follow the pack. Weather still looking good for Sat. I'll see ya at Hollister.

All,

Please consider getting the 5 watt units instead. They are much better than the 2 watt units in terms of clarity and distance.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if one in the group is using a 2 watt unit, it renders all the 5 watt users to operate at 2 watts?

Steve

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. If it's a 5W radio it'll transmit at 5 Watts. Higher power radios definitely will have better clarity over a longer distance :smile:

There are usually good deals on ebay for both new and used UHF radios, but that may not be of any help for this weekend :wink:

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. If it's a 5W radio it'll transmit at 5 Watts. Higher power radios definitely will have better clarity over a longer distance :smile:

Sounds good... i don't know where I read that from...i thought it was from here a few years back....

1) yojack1
2) NSFRBLX (tentative)
3) smooth
4) LarryNSX
5) juejaimon
6) Ashik
7) KooLaid *****once again will do my best to make it******
8) peterm
9) 02#154
10) Dtrigg
11) emeraldtt
12) iCEE
13) REDNSXT
14) carmar
15) Quack
16) MaxiumusNSX (Silverstone 03') (Also possibly)
17) 02#154's friend Randy in a white 350Z
18) Ed & Elaine
19) ImolaOrange03 (I'll try to make it and if so +1)

Last edited:
For those wanting to meet up tomorrow to drive down to the San Jose start
We will be leaving at 7:30 AM Sharp

SHELL GAS STATION – LEAVE 7:30 AM SHARP
Take exit #414A/HILLSDALE BLVD/FOSTER CITY onto E HILLSDALE BLVD toward HILLSDALE BLVD EAST/FOSTER CITY - go 0.6 mi
Turn Right on S NORFOLK ST
Make a U-Turn at LAGO ST onto S NORFOLK ST
Arrive at 2901 S NORFOLK ST, SAN MATEO, on the Right

Cell #415-640-7958 Jack

Hmmmmm,
Dtrigg said he would buy me lunch.....
Should I come along?:tongue: :biggrin:
Hospital to catch up with work. Fun car drive. Hospital. Drive. Hospital. Drive. Hospital. Drive. See old buddies in drive. Hospital. Getting more behind with work.........:confused:
Steve

Is this a high speed run?
How many lanes is the road?
How is the pavement/ angles of the road? All of us have low cars.

I didn't check this thread until today.

I've had my NSX for a bit over 2 months, and I DEFINITELY do not want to push my limits on the car.

Let me know, thanks.

Hmmmmm,
Hospital to catch up with work. Fun car drive. Hospital. Drive. Hospital. Drive. Hospital. Drive. See old buddies in drive. Hospital. Getting more behind with work.........:confused:
Steve

Steve,

Yeah, come on out. I want to see your rims again.

Hmmmmm,
Steve

I knew this would come back to bite me in the butt...:biggrin:

PLEASE NOTE NEW TIME AND ROUTE FOR HIGHWAY 25 RUN
PLEASE NOTE NEW TIME AND ROUTE FOR HIGHWAY 25 RUN

I’ll bet not many of you have traveled this route before! They could have carved it out and then laid down asphalt with the NSX in mind. Back in those days, they were just looking for a way through. If you can find Hollister, you can find Highway 25. After heading south on Highway 25 we will be heading east on 198 to Coalinga and HARRIS RANCH FOR LUNCH. [/color][/b] We have reserved space in the Farm House Room for our lunch. Harris Ranch will provide individual checks to everyone to make it easier on our minds!! [/color]Our return trip will head back on Coalinga Road towards Highway 25 and Hollister. Bring a passenger, this is not going to be a high speed run.

DATE: Saturday, March 29th (if bad weather, run will move to April 5th)

AREA START:
Starbucks Coffee - LEAVING 8:30 A.M.
125 Bernal Road, Suite 20
San Jose, CA 95119
MAP

MAIN START: McDonald’s LEAVING 9:45 A.M.
1711 Airline Highway
Hollister, CA 95023
MAP

BRING: Camera and club radios

QUESTIONS: [email protected]

Bump

Is this a high speed run?
How many lanes is the road?
How is the pavement/ angles of the road? All of us have low cars.

I didn't check this thread until today.

I've had my NSX for a bit over 2 months, and I DEFINITELY do not want to push my limits on the car.

Let me know, thanks.

I'm on BRAND new tires (less than a 100 miles on them as of this writing but I'll try to get more miles on them by tomorrow morning :biggrin: ) Plus there's the drive "to" the drive. But basically, I'll be on tires that I won't be able to push so I've already figured I'll put myself at the back of the pack. I'll be going "slow" so we can hang back and watch.

Oh, and I'm sure the route is safe for our cars...

J

I don't like to bite butts, not guys' anyway. A roast piegon will do. :tongue:
Steve

:biggrin: :biggrin: Looking forward to meeting you Steve. You're not a big eater are you?

Doug

Back